Ayrlego

[GoC] Queen's Birthday Parade, Various Settlements

As part of the celebrations for Queen Annetta's birthday, most Corrish settlements hold a military parade in her honour. Here are some of the highlights from this years celebrations across Corlander possessions in the Terra Nova. Each scene attempts to showcase the different styles of each settlement and the different troops stationed there. 

1. Port Woodhouse

48791588002_b9d842459e_z.jpg

Against the backdrop of the typical stucco style building found in Port Woodhouse, Corlander Grenadiers from the garrison march in honour of Her Majesty.

Licensed as a small residence.

2. Jameston

48791444366_8db7d6edae_z.jpg

With a stone foundation and colourful timber upper floor, Corlander Light Infantry and ETTC Sepoys march through the well developed streets of Jameston.

Licensed as a small artisan.

3. Camp Isaac

48791444521_821a22eb97_z.jpg

Elevated on a boardwalk over the shallows of one of the many rivulets surrounding Camp Isaac, Royal Pioneers with their distinctive blue trousers wait stationary for the parade to begin. Residences watch from the wooden houses constructed on the banks. 

4. Mooreton Bay

48791081763_22d3d00704_z.jpg

Corlander Line Infantry march past the sandstone buildings of Mooreton Bay. The influx of Mardierian refugees to nearby New Haven has also made it's mark on Mooreton Bay with a much more Mardieran style being noted recently in the settlement.

5. Elizabethville

48791081488_459e1f9d0a_z.jpg

Queen's Own Hussar's mounted on local horses led the parade in Elizabethville, followed by local militia in their distinctive red trousers. The village like feel of the settlement is reflected in the inn which they are currently marching past.

Licensed as a small artisan.

6. Port Raleigh

48791444776_69e60f9300_z.jpg

Starting in the docks, Royal Marines led and are followed by local militia in their distinctive brown tricornes. Outside of the Lotii district, the buildings of Port Raleigh mostly have an old world feel - not surprising as Port Raleigh was both the first Corlander settlement and is the western most in Terra Nova if you do not include Arlinsport (which pre-dates the exploration era).

Licensed as a small commerce.

Long Live the Queen!

As some of you will be aware, this was supposed to be a much larger project with builds for each of the 15 current Corlander settlements in Terra Nova. Unfortunately I have been called away on work at short notice and will be overseas (more accurately I will be on the sea...) until December. I've tried to take inspiration from the styles of previous builds in each of the settlements and to represent some of the more distinctive troop types seen in previous builds in those settlements. I'd like to submit this project collectively as Builds 1 and 2 for the 'Redcoats Rule' task of the GoC Challenge. Anyway I will try and follow the going ons here while I am away, but I likely won't be able to post much and a definitely won't be building! Hope you all have a great Autumn/Spring and I'll be back around mid December!

Each of the builds is very nice, and would be worthy of its own thread. Together, with the little background and the soldiers, they represent a wonderful idea and a well-executed project... I like the unique feel of each settlement!

Great work building in such distinctive styles, each one is super unique and yet the marching soldiers make it clear that they all go together!  Too bad you couldn't finish the whole series because you did a fantastic job with these.  My favorite is Mooreton Bay (great colors! and some nice details like that window and the little vine) closely followed by Port Woodhouse and Camp Isaac (blue pants? looks surprisingly perfect!).  Jameston reminds me of pistachio ice cream for some reason and looks literally cool. :grin:  The Elizabethville roof is eye-catching and nice tree too - and of course, got to love those hussars!  Commented on Port Raleigh in the other thread but I really like the height, compared to the others it gives you the feeling that this is a well-established settlement that's not going anywhere.  Again, impressive work.  I hope you don't give up on the project completely but show us the rest of the Corry settlements sometime! 

I love how this gives us a snapshot of the different styles in the various Corrie settlements. Wonderful concept, and well done all! :thumbup:

Lets just start off with the :thumbup:. You did an excellent job on all these builds, especially matching them to the cities they are in. I could easily see the city style in your builds. I normally would object that your builds are not in seperate posts for the GOC, but seeing as you went above and beyond the requirements and you were heading out to sea I won't quibble over that. Obviously, I see the cavalry and infantry so you more then account for that requirement. I look forward to your part 3 upon your return. 

I have to say, I need you building in Elizabethville more often! My builds are like a sketch that I showed and you took it and made a masterpiece. Great job! I also have to commend you on all the trees and vegetation. They are all well done. 

Excellent series of builds, Ayrlego. I can only echo Silentwolf's praise and add that as always, your presentation is excellent. A
:thumbup: from me.
To some degree, you have created a style guide for these Corlander settlements, and in such relatively small builds. While it's a tough choice, my favourite is probably camp Isaac, for the pioneering feel, and if I am to offer some feedback, the Jameston one is my least favourite. The very small enclosed windows looks a little odd.

Overall, excellent series of builds.

Great little builds !

Always a pleasure to see your style throughout the colonies !

It's eye catching and very well photographed ! 

Great job !

Really nice builds! I like how you did the roof on the 3rd one!

I love these builds!  I think Mooreton Bay is my favorite architecture, but they are all nice builds.  The variation in troops is a nice touch too.

Just beautiful. :wub:

The Jameston build looks a bit out of place - perhaps a combination of size and not as many details - but besides that these are all excellent scenes. I think Port Raleigh is my favorite.

Approved :thumbup: for the Glory of Corrington!

I love this! It shows off a lot of great architectural styles that all feel consistent despite their variety. I appreciate the balance between historical accuracy and stylized building.