YodaSkate

[MOC/MOD] Republic Gunship Mini

Hi guys,

I haven't posted in awhile, since I am posting mostly on my instagram @YodaSkate now! Give me a follow!

Here is a mini-scale Republic Gunship I redesigned from the official 4490 polybag set!

As much as I wish I could have mini-fig scaled everything, it's just not feasible do to space in my office, so I always love doing mini-versions that are detailed/swoosable/displayable. 

Rendered in Stud.io. I've built it with real bricks too and it holds up well.

Gunship_00.jpg?dl=1

Gunship_01.jpg?dl=1

Gunship_02.jpg?dl=1

Gunship_03.jpg?dl=1

Gunship_04.jpg?dl=1

Gunship_05.jpg?dl=1

Gunship_07.jpg?dl=1

Pretty cool! One thing that bothers me and that is inherited from the 4490 are the thin gun barrels. I realize the 1x1 diameter is probably the best choice you can make for those given the limited options, but they just look small from most angles when compared to the bulk of the ship.

50 minutes ago, Kristof said:

Pretty cool! One thing that bothers me and that is inherited from the 4490 are the thin gun barrels. I realize the 1x1 diameter is probably the best choice you can make for those given the limited options, but they just look small from most angles when compared to the bulk of the ship.

Yeah, unfortunately, options are limited! The actual ship has pretty thin gun barrels too...

10 hours ago, Kristof said:

@YodaSkate You think so? They appear quite substantial to me :) Mind you this reference pic might have some skewed proportions. But the two main canons seem pretty large on any picture.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/9/92/Jho's_Gunship.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1030?cb=20150226175717

Ah yes you mean the top guns. I think going to 4 studs would be too large for the scale though... I've also seen smaller variations depending on what source you're looking at. (Here I was going by Revell's gunship model kit)

https://lifetoscale.blog/category/starships/star-wars/revell-republic-gunship/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/570479477783291114/visual-search/

Hey man, very detailed build and great job overall.  Could you use part 553c in trans-clear for the gun bubbles?  Additionally, I feel like the ski pole pieces are too large, the chin and rear guns might be a little better when just the Technic pin tow ball part.  

Just my two cents, I really like your build overall! :)

1 hour ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Hey man, very detailed build and great job overall.  Could you use part 553c in trans-clear for the gun bubbles?  Additionally, I feel like the ski pole pieces are too large, the chin and rear guns might be a little better when just the Technic pin tow ball part.  

I think the debate was either "too long" or "too thick". I guess it's a matter of preference, but at this scale, it's a tough decision. 

Excellent little model as always, @YodaSkate!

3 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

I forgot the clear pieces existed! Good suggestion. As for the chin/rear guns, I tried the towballs too, but I just preferred the ski-poles!

As @Brick-Wombat mentioned, just a personal preference!