badbob001

Road baseplate under modular building?

Some modular buildings (and related sets) are designed for vehicles to drive into, through, or around. Has anyone tried swapping out the normal baseplate with a road one so the road on the set is on the same level as the the roads around the building?

• Fire Brigade: use straight street plate?
  • Corner Garage: use curve street plate?
  • Ghostbusters HQ: use straight street plate?

I don’t think this would do much good, as the street plate would be covered over. Plus there’s a lot of interior on the first floor that wouldn’t be secured to the plate either. I think I get the idea you’re going for though. In cases like that large plates, like the garage bay in FB would suffice. 

I think it really depends on the building. The plates do have the typical road markings on them, so I find that limits their use quite a lot. None of the sets you mention above really has the need for those inside. For a parking garage it would be fine, though. Or for leading a tunnel underneath a building.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it would work due to the first floor tiling and interiors. Instead have you tried removing those specific studs from the regular baseplates.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Ok, this might seam like a dumb response but why couldn't you just tile your first floor to solve this problem.  Place gray tiles where you want vehicular traffic and colored tiles where you don't.  If the wall height becomes and issue with this modification, you could install regular plates under the walls to keep spacing unchanged.