Hello Speed Champions fans,

my son asked me to build a white Audi R8. Both of us like the Speed Champions sets, therefore I choosen this scale. If you like it, you can support it on Lego Ideas:

It is a studless build from standard lego elements and modified City wheels are used instead of Speed Champions ones to keep the height to length ratio more realistic similarly to my earlier ideas.

The front of this car is iconic and it was a real challenge to recreate it in this small size. I made lots of versions and I think the actual one with a tricky solution is the best.

I tried more solutions to the black side blades too, the actual one was inspired by "LEGO Audi R8 instructions (MOC #96)" by "Jerry Builds Bricks" on Youtube, however I modifed it a bit as I wanted tilted blades similarly to the real ones.

Only one sticker is used which is the Audi logo on the front as I'm generally not a fan of the parts with stickers, because of the lack of flexibility in using them with other builds.

The set includes the minifigure shown on the main picture on the Lego Ideas. It comes form the set 75873 but with red helmet.

I have added a rear wing to make the car more dynamic. It differs from the custom Audi wings, but I think it fits to the style of the car and to the side mirrors.

48786993936_6f25d6cc7f_c.jpgAudi_R8-04 by László Torma, on Flickr
48786994391_84d34c6dbc_c.jpgAudi_R8-05 by László Torma, on Flickr
48787145377_d47268b9c5_c.jpgAudi_R8-02 by László Torma, on Flickr
48786631368_a19eb1bc17_c.jpgAudi_R8-03 by László Torma, on Flickr

Edited by _TLG_

It looks great and thats an excellent front technique, very inspirational! Also enjoying that spoiler part usage ;)
Despite that there is allready an Audi SC officially made by TLG, im quite sure this will get a great amount of supporters - which it truly deserves! :)

22 hours ago, Ron Dayes said:

It looks great and thats an excellent front technique, very inspirational! Also enjoying that spoiler part usage ;)
Despite that there is allready an Audi SC officially made by TLG, im quite sure this will get a great amount of supporters - which it truly deserves! :)

Thanks for the kind words, I hope too that there will be lots of supporters!

20 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Very clever front and nice black parts use on the side; that technique would be good for Mitsubishis as well. Excellent work.

Thanks! Yes, some other cars have a similar grill :)

Great shape here - particularly impressed with the spoilers used as the stripes behind the doors. Excellent build and thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Great shape here - particularly impressed with the spoilers used as the stripes behind the doors. Excellent build and thanks for sharing!

Thanks!