Kaero

List of models of rockets, spacecrafts and probes

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I know the Bricks in Space, I check it regularly :)

And no, I will not get a FB profile, DW has tried to get me to make a FB profile too.

If there would be a forum for this space stuff, then that would be more interesting.

I am planning to modify my version of KingsKnight Space Shuttle to a Buran. The design, not the model I have built.

But that is after I have assembled the MLP-1, I have redesigned from Valerie Roche's and Greg Kremer's Mobile Launcher, And KingsKnight's service towers, with only 1 of the towers slightly modified.

LDD to instructions, is not working for this MLP-1. I have had the parts since late last year, but someday I'll build it together.

I hate facebook, made account only because of this list project. So I understand your issue. Ok, I will send him message.
After you finish your Buran, let me know so I can add it to the list.

That might take a while. I wont start any design until I have put togethet that LMP-1. DW's mod of my mod of KingsKnight Shuttle is on that page :)

A 47973 has a surprisingly strong grip to a 32001, as a note.

Kaero, Arkaitz Ruiz has a nice looking 1:220 scale shuttle on the FB page. Seems to be quite true 1:220 and not just a modifications of Creator 31091 Shuttle.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:27 AM, Shiva said:

Kaero, Arkaitz Ruiz has a nice looking 1:220 scale shuttle on the FB page. Seems to be quite true 1:220 and not just a modifications of Creator 31091 Shuttle.

Thanks, I try to add all MOCs that have instructions added into the files section of the FB page. Unfortunately my time is limited, so I do it only from time to time.

On 6/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, Kaero said:

Thanks, I try to add all MOCs that have instructions added into the files section of the FB page. Unfortunately my time is limited, so I do it only from time to time.

IRL more important :)

A bit sad that his Shuttle got so little attention. I have had the same idea, as Arkaitz Ruiz, regarding a 1:220 shuttle. But I still had not gone into LDD or similar programs to make one. 3 bricks wide bay. Same/similar to his closed version. Still pondering on the open versions I was, but his loos great! Not checked yet if the 13 stud wide is 100% correct or not, but seems very close from memory. But I'll do a similar, someday.

I wish that https://www.facebook.com/groups/legospacebuilds/ used a forum instead of facebook.

9 hours ago, Shiva said:

IRL more important :)

A bit sad that his Shuttle got so little attention. I have had the same idea, as Arkaitz Ruiz, regarding a 1:220 shuttle. But I still had not gone into LDD or similar programs to make one. 3 bricks wide bay. Same/similar to his closed version. Still pondering on the open versions I was, but his loos great! Not checked yet if the 13 stud wide is 100% correct or not, but seems very close from memory. But I'll do a similar, someday.

I wish that https://www.facebook.com/groups/legospacebuilds/ used a forum instead of facebook.

In the beginning I didn't understood why this particular one shuttle should be better than other 1:220 models. There are several models of shuttle in this scale already done, so what the heck? But later I did some scaling and calculation and understood...

The issue is in propagation. For example all the people are building the falcon by eiffleman, because it was first falcon MOC and is most known. However it is inaccurate in some parts and there are better models. But people do not understand why other models are better than the first one (or more evovlved, anyway most falcon MOCs are based on the eiffleman's one). This is the reason why I made the comparison of soyuz model, so I could select between suchshibeinu's and techniek's one.

And the same with the 1:220 shuttle. One have to understand that 4 stud bay is too wide for 1:220 scale. But this important information was not shown by Arkaitz nor any comparison made. So I believe there was lack of attention because no one understood why this design is unique in comparison to already developed designs.

Kaero,

Thank's for that great list.

I just bought the really nice 'SpaceX Falcon 9 Block 5 with Crew Dragon' instructions by Maverick9154. Your list claims it is of 1:110 scale.

It has a main diameter of 44.8mm and a hight of 760mm. This means the scale is not 1:110 but 1:83 for the diameter and 1:92 for the hight.

The part count is 938.

When buying the instructions you get instructions for a Falcon 9 with the payload fairing and instructions for the Crew Dragon. In case you want to add the normal Falcon_9.jpg.d3f6999aa8dea367e0bad77e5de43ed8.jpgFalcon 9 by  Maverick9154 to your list I attached a rendered picture.

Thanks again,

Christian Harrieder

Chha: Thanks! I am happy you liked it, and thanks for the additional info, web is updated.

It is my error I put scale 1:110 there. Maverick9154 claims this scale:

"Custom LEGO SpaceX Falcon 9 Block 5 with Crew Dragon Instructions ONLY (Saturn V Scale)"

However I am building classic Eiffleman's Falcon and I know the 4 stud width is optimal for this scale and the complex structure visible on Maverick's images cannot be Saturn V scale.

I have seen it many times - author makes a nice MOC, but only by eye and the scale is quite off. This is the reason I did comparisons of V4, Soyuz and working on others.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:04 AM, Chha said:

I submitted my model of the Ariane 5 to Lego Ideas.( Lego Ideas Ariane 5 )

I have no instructions yet but the Stud.io file is at https://bricksafe.com/pages/Chha/space-flight-scale-1-110/ariane-5 if you are interessted to add it to your list.

Thank you,

Chha

I have noticed your Ariane 5, it looks superb. Studio file is wonderful, thanks! I will add it.

Was it built in real life already?

On 10/21/2020 at 8:27 AM, Kaero said:

I have noticed your Ariane 5, it looks superb. Studio file is wonderful, thanks! I will add it.

Was it built in real life already?

Yes, but I did not add the strickers, yet.

I always design digital and real model in parallel. I use a lot of unusal angles and these can not be trusted in CAD.

My picture upload limit here in the forum is depleted but I add a photo of the model to bricksafe.

I forgot to mention that some of the parts are not available in white. I sprayed the cones and the train engine wheels (used on the lower part of the boosters). For my version (main stage in tan) I also drilled holes through two 2 x 6 plates in tan to make the unavilable technic part.

Thank you for your support.

Edited by Chha
Forgot something

On 10/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, Chha said:

My picture upload limit here in the forum is depleted but I add a photo of the model to bricksafe.

Thank you for your support.

Really nice. I was curious about the slot on the side boosters between the booster nose and the booster body. In digital renders the slot looks very big, but as I supposed in real model it is hardly noticeable. You should add some photo into the lego ideas pictures (I wonder for most ideas - is it possible to build or is it some digital fantasy?)

I thank you for sharing.

12 hours ago, Kaero said:

Really nice. I was curious about the slot on the side boosters between the booster nose and the booster body. In digital renders the slot looks very big, but as I supposed in real model it is hardly noticeable. You should add some photo into the lego ideas pictures (I wonder for most ideas - is it possible to build or is it some digital fantasy?)

I thank you for sharing.

Ahh, yes.

In reallity the axle, i use to fix the cone, bends just a little and closes the gap pretty much.

You are right: I should make an update

I have made an substantial update of my web page.

Staistics:

• 374 MOCs of rockets and spacecrafts
  • 220 MOCs of probes, satellites, spacestaions etc.
  • 102 of other related MOCs

Now I have reached 1000 entries in my list of LEGO rockets, spacecrafts and probes.

Kaero, thanks for this fantastic list! Like others, I do not want to join Facebook so it is a challenge getting connected to the LEGO space MOC community. My interest is discovering the great work people are doing to mod official LEGO sets or build upon one another's work, and your list helps with that.

I don't know if this is appropriate, but you might consider adding my version of the Hubble Space Telecope, modified Apollo lunar module, Saturn V mini launch platform and Saturn V Stage 2 upgrade kit as I am just getting started in this. Thanks.

I can delete this post if it is not appropriate to self-promote in this forum/topic.

On 5/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, ScaleModelBuilds said:

Kaero, thanks for this fantastic list! Like others, I do not want to join Facebook so it is a challenge getting connected to the LEGO space MOC community. My interest is discovering the great work people are doing to mod official LEGO sets or build upon one another's work, and your list helps with that.

I don't know if this is appropriate, but you might consider adding my version of the Hubble Space Telecope, modified Apollo lunar module, Saturn V mini launch platform and Saturn V Stage 2 upgrade kit as I am just getting started in this. Thanks.

I can delete this post if it is not appropriate to self-promote in this forum/topic.

It is definitely appropriate! Thanks for noting me about your MOCs, I will add them when I will get some free time. Rebrickable helps a lot, I will just follow you and Rebrickable will send me an email every time you add something.
If you want, you can add your mocs to the list by yourself. You can fork the list on the github, add your mocs and make a pull request, however you have to know how git works.
I am happy you found the list usefull!

On 5/31/2023 at 7:57 PM, DadBricks said:

Kaero, I've posted my new minifigure-scale Apollo Command Module to Rebrickable (latest version) and the Bricks in Space FB page. Free instructions and studio file. Please add it to the gitlab list. Thank you. 

Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-149918/DadBricks/apollo-command-module-moc-v12/

Thanks a lot! I have added it, and I follow you at rebrickable, so I will be automatically notified if you make another wonderfull MOC.

On 6/9/2023 at 3:30 PM, Kaero said:

Thanks a lot! I have added it, and I follow you at rebrickable, so I will be automatically notified if you make another wonderfull MOC.

Great! Much appreciated, and thanks for the kind words! I will definitely be posting more MOCs, as I'm currently working on a minifig-scale Gemini.