Hi Jim thanks for the invite!

Though it is still work in progress and very much beta at this stage, I would love to hear about any requests, fixes or improvements from members of this forum. I will try to answer here but will also incorporate faq answers on the wiki on github https://github.com/mvanderelsen/Lego.Ev3.Framework/wiki  The Quickstart example in the Lego.Ev3.Framework.Examples repository should help you get started.. Many more examples to follow ...Keep you all posted 

Ps. I released a prerelease of the Ev3 BrickManager (see releases/assets/*.msi) as well, any input on this is also greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Martijn van der Elsen

Hi,

Welcome to EB and the Mindstorms forum :classic:

Like I said on Facebook, I would love to see one or two sample projects to get started. I will probably manage myself, but samples are always welcome.

Currently, I am working on a Technic review, but when I am done, I love to test all your stuff.

Hi Jim,

Today I elaborated the Quickstart Example in the Examples repository. This should truely help you get started now. Ps. take a look at wiki topic 'constructing the brick' as well

Can't wait for you to test ;-) I am sure it will be very insightfull..Thanks again for the offer! Make sure you grab the latest version before you kick off tho... I am running loads of tests, refactoring as well and will be updating the framework as I go along

Good luck with the Technic review, kind regards

Sweet!

I will try to find some time tomorrow or this weekend.

I need some spare time to test your stuff. Just a friendly message that I haven't forgotten about it :wink: 

There's also the MonoBrick communication library that supports C# to "remote control" EV3s and NXTs and the MonoBrick Firmware that lets C# programs actually run ON the EV3. Sadly it's not really supported any more.

http://www.monobrick.dk/

@Jim no worries ;-)

@Tcm0 I have seen this library, very complete and documented. Well worth taking a look at..But on personal note: altho it supports remote C#  I would have liked it to be more intuitive,async and as you mentoined "up-to-date", besides I have loads of fun coding a new one :D  I am not realy interested in running directly on the brick as I am looking forward to doing stuff with Azure A.I. in near future, so my aim is strictly a communication library so I can do all the tricky stuff on my old trusted desktop;-)

35 minutes ago, Martijn van der Elsen said:

I have seen this library, very complete and documented. Well worth taking a look at..But on personal note: altho it supports remote C#  I would have liked it to be more intuitive,async and as you mentoined "up-to-date", besides I have loads of fun coding a new one :D  I am not realy interested in running directly on the brick as I am looking forward to doing stuff with Azure A.I. in near future, so my aim is strictly a communication library so I can do all the tricky stuff on my old trusted desktop;-)

This :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was wondering; do I need to install a "client" on the brick? Or is it simply a matter of plugging in the Brick via USB and run the Example program?
(Visual Studio is updating at the moment, so I haven't tested it)

Hi Jim no need to install anything on the brick.. the framework communicates with the native firmware. Just plug in the usb cable and run the example. I have tested it on V1.09H but it should run fine on other versions as well. You can optionally change connection to bluetooth or network by altering the brick.json file (see the wiki)

At this point in time I am writing unit tests for all firmware methods. If there is anything you or anyone else would like to see incorporated into the framework let me know ok?. 

Great! I love your work on the "architecture" of the framework, using Dependency Injection etc. 

I will be testing it shortly.

Hi.

I would like to ask on where i can download from MonoBrick because when i was trying to access the website, it says error 404

13 hours ago, blustack3r said:

Hi.

I would like to ask on where i can download from MonoBrick because when i was trying to access the website, it says error 404

Hi. 

Welcome to EB.

This topic is not about Monobrick, so please stay on topic.

And while we are at it....why don' you try Martijn's solution, instead of Monobrick :wink: :laugh:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the tip.

I tried RobotC before for my thesis which Automated Forklift System about 8 years ago. Recently my fiance' bought me an EV3 last Christmas because she knows i love robotics and recently i purchase NXT on a bargain price with all the components with to my surprise, a rechargeable battery. Now why do i need C#, well i am very comfortable with it and its easier to design an interface on it compare to Java.

I have this concept of a scaled down version of what the guys at RoboRace is doing. Using the sensors that the EV3 and the NXT has, i think it is possible to have like EV3 or NXT RoboRace. I mean, we can program it, we use technic parts to look like a real race car then we race. Like we create a race track (map) to which we can download and based on the information on the map, we can program the cars to navigate with it, check for other cars also and try to overtake it plus manage battery. Its like Formula E but its automated.

Currently, i am having a hard time using MindSqualls C# api of the NXT on the steering since i can control precise rotation angle to which the motor will not overturn which will be bad on the steering setup that i have since i dont have enough parts yet since as well as spare cash to buy parts. (If you guys knows where to buy cheap technic parts like wheels, steering hub, spring dampers, and etc.). I hope with this idea, i can convince other EV3 and NXT fans as well as technic fans to make it a reality.

I will post my progress here as soon as i have the parts as well as on youtube.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:18 PM, Jim said:

Hi. 

Welcome to EB.

This topic is not about Monobrick, so please stay on topic.

And while we are at it....why don' you try Martijn's solution, instead of Monobrick :wink: :laugh:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the tip.

I tried RobotC before for my thesis which Automated Forklift System about 8 years ago. Recently my fiance' bought me an EV3 last Christmas because she knows i love robotics and recently i purchase NXT on a bargain price with all the components with to my surprise, a rechargeable battery. Now why do i need C#, well i am very comfortable with it and its easier to design an interface on it compare to Java.

I have this concept of a scaled down version of what the guys at RoboRace is doing. Using the sensors that the EV3 and the NXT has, i think it is possible to have like EV3 or NXT RoboRace. I mean, we can program it, we use technic parts to look like a real race car then we race. Like we create a race track (map) to which we can download and based on the information on the map, we can program the cars to navigate with it, check for other cars also and try to overtake it plus manage battery. Its like Formula E but its automated.

Currently, i am having a hard time using MindSqualls C# api of the NXT on the steering since i can control precise rotation angle to which the motor will not overturn which will be bad on the steering setup that i have since i dont have enough parts yet since as well as spare cash to buy parts. (If you guys knows where to buy cheap technic parts like wheels, steering hub, spring dampers, and etc.). I hope with this idea, i can convince other EV3 and NXT fans as well as technic fans to make it a reality.

I will post my progress here as soon as i have the parts as well as on youtube.

Hello,

I'm quite new with the Mindstorms programming (I have it since the Christmas). But I had quite a good experience with https://github.com/BrianPeek/legoev3 library.

I'm using F# on Mac with .netcore (which is not that common as I've noticed :D ) and I'm trying to control my EV3 brick with Xbox-Controller (connected to PC with Windows 10, where I run a program) - here is the source code. For now, I still need the computer to communicate with the EV3 brick and the XBox-Controller (which I guess wont change, since the XBox-Controller wont communicate with EV3 brick in any way.) Example is here.

But the legoev3 library is also a bit outdated and I really want to try the @Martijn van der Elsen library.