Mrlikeslegothings

Big fan of Lego ninjago movie

I think the Lego ninjago movie is pretty good for its designs. The story is meh and I didn't really care for the father and sin aspect of it.

Edited by Mrlikesninjagomoviethings

I like the aesthetic of the movie. The content and writing though feel very.... derivative, for lack of better description. My 4-year-old doesn't like it either. It just didn't click with him. It's unfortunate because the designs are fantastic, and give off a Big Hero 6 vibe. I felt a lot of the voice acting was lacking as well, and many jokes fell flat.

1 hour ago, zweifuss said:

I like the aesthetic of the movie. The content and writing though feel very.... derivative, for lack of better description. My 4-year-old doesn't like it either. It just didn't click with him. It's unfortunate because the designs are fantastic, and give off a Big Hero 6 vibe. I felt a lot of the voice acting was lacking as well, and many jokes fell flat.

Did I mention I like fishing as well?

I mean, while I don't consider it a bad movie, it was a huge waste of potential. Ninjago deserved something better than that. 

It really was under appreciated. I imagine it differing so much from the show played a big part. A shame, because the movie isn’t fantastic. It’s hilarious & has some of the best one liners of al the movies. Of the four it’s my second favorite , only because the first one holds a special place for being first. A shame we likely aren’t to get a sequel. 

Plus, without the movie we wouldn’t have those amazing City & Docks sets. The mechs as well. 

I personally think the Lego Ninjago movie deserves more love, which is why I am remaking the movie to also incorporate the tv show and deleted concepts from promotional material. I call it Project Rebuild: https://archiveofourown.org/works/13227678/chapters/30257307

This is a huge passion project for me and I would describe it as "10 seasons worth of distilled plot essence." If you think that claim is too good to be true, then I invite you to give my script a read. It's more than halfway done and I eventually plan to turn into a fan-made brick comic for everyone to see. I've written it so that it can be enjoyed by both long-time Ninjago fans and newcomers to the franchise.    

This is the movie I wanted to see. I have a vision I want to share with the world and I hope people can enjoy it as the Lego Ninjago movie worthy of the show. 

It also has some of the best bloopers. 
From reading the Art book-and the deleted scenes it looks like they had a different story intended but changed it last minute which is a shame. I think the original treatment might have been more close to the tone of the series even if it was an AU

Edited by Noctina Noir