Sign in to follow this  
SNIPE

boost/wedo/powered up motors with contro+ hub?

Hi,

Since it is possible to control both the control+ motors with the powered up 4 port hub,

I was wondering if it is possible to power the powered up/wedo/boost motors with the control+ hub

Either using the control+ or buwizz app with the control+ hub. (both work suprisingly).

I think we should make an excel spreadsheet saying what motors and hubs are compatable.(9V,PF,NXT,EV3,Boost, Powered Up, Wedo, Control+, Spike Prime)

Basically every PUP motor should be working with every PUP hub (boost, batmobile, pup train, technic hub).

The Control+ app will allow you currently to use 2 XL and 1 L motors with the 42099 profile. Once 42100 will be available it will be able to connect two 2 hubs with more motors connected but again only with an interface designed for that specific set.

The Powered Up app will have a free control area where you can create your own Boost-style control sequences or use a customisable interface. Unfortunately this app does not support the Technic hub yet, as I read the update is expected around November/December.

About the hub-motor compatibility, as @imurvai mentioned everything should be working with everything within the Powered Up family, if there's a limitation then its up to the app that controls it. The most versatile solution currently is BrickController 2, the free coding area of the Powered Up app can be used as well but as I said it only connects to the AAA hub or the Boost hub.

Just now, kbalage said:

About the hub-motor compatibility, as @imurvai mentioned everything should be working with everything within the Powered Up family,

Awesome.

11 hours ago, kbalage said:

About the hub-motor compatibility, as @imurvai mentioned everything should be working with everything within the Powered Up family, if there's a limitation then its up to the app that controls it. The most versatile solution currently is BrickController 2, the free coding area of the Powered Up app can be used as well but as I said it only connects to the AAA hub or the Boost hub.

Yeah, I meant all the hub hardwares are capable to handle all types of motors.