Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

6 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

It really is the simple joys in life ... :)

Right? Something as simple as a minifig....or 16:tongue: just make the day better. Targets around here are picked clean though...went today & nothing, where last week they had plenty. I checked online for stores nearby & they aren’t even showing up. Might have to try an early morning run to Walmart to get the last few. 

I made an account to post this warning, if you are buying a sealed case by warned the distribution may be off. For the second regular series in a row I've had incorrect distribution.

For Series 19 I had 7-8 Fright Knights and was down a couple Jungle Explorers, with a couple other fig counts being +/- 1.

For Series 20 I have received 7 Green Brick Guys, 7! What was missing? 2 of the Vikings, 1 Ocean Explorer, and 1 Tournament Knight. I also received 1 extra Breakdancer.

Yesterday I was at my local Walmart and picked up a couple Knights and Vikings so that I could have a decent force of each...then I received my sealed box today and this happened.

Just now, TonyFelix said:

For Series 20 I have received 7 Green Brick Guys, 7!

What are you going to do with all those green brick guys?

19 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

What are you going to do with all those green brick guys?

I guess I'll have to try for some trades. Or Brickguycentipede them. Love the series regardless.

Interesting that just a few weeks ago there was sensible talk about how Lego should probably postpone the release of these due to the gropey nature of the customer-product interaction and not wanting to touch things that have been felt up by an unknown number of hands and now its all about touching them and feeling the desired figures.

Anyway they're available on Shop @ Home but the order limit is 3.

12 hours ago, TonyFelix said:

I made an account to post this warning, if you are buying a sealed case by warned the distribution may be off. For the second regular series in a row I've had incorrect distribution.

For Series 19 I had 7-8 Fright Knights and was down a couple Jungle Explorers, with a couple other fig counts being +/- 1.

For Series 20 I have received 7 Green Brick Guys, 7! What was missing? 2 of the Vikings, 1 Ocean Explorer, and 1 Tournament Knight. I also received 1 extra Breakdancer.

Yesterday I was at my local Walmart and picked up a couple Knights and Vikings so that I could have a decent force of each...then I received my sealed box today and this happened.

Welcome to Eurobricks, @TonyFelix!

Thanks for the info.

Edited by leafan

4 hours ago, koalayummies said:

have been felt up by an unknown number of hands and now its all about touching them and feeling the desired figures.

My Wife, bless her heart, has always carried hand sanitizer in the bag of holding she is pleased to call a purse.
It's always been a little icky to feel up a case or three worth of CMF but we deal with it the same way as always. Get dirty, get clean.

50 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

My Wife, bless her heart, has always carried hand sanitizer in the bag of holding she is pleased to call a purse.
It's always been a little icky to feel up a case or three worth of CMF but we deal with it the same way as always. Get dirty, get clean.

Exactly, just need to carry the proper cleaner and/or use gloves and of course wear a mask so you don't breathe moistly all over the packets as you feel them.

Thank you for the welcome @leafan.

Edited by TonyFelix

When I bought some S20 at the Dreamworld LEGO store (which is still open) they were insisting everyone use hand sanitizer before feeling the bags.

8 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Interesting that just a few weeks ago there was sensible talk about how Lego should probably postpone the release of these due to the gropey nature of the customer-product interaction and not wanting to touch things that have been felt up by an unknown number of hands and now its all about touching them and feeling the desired figures.

Anyway they're available on Shop @ Home but the order limit is 3.

I saw someone who said they used gloves. I wish I would’ve thought about that when I made my run, I wouldn’t have gotten so many doubles.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:13 PM, Masked Mini said:

The shield and the 2x2 round tile are what easily differentiate the two. Inner bag and spear is not enough.

I disagree.  The Viking spear has a flexible rubber tip, the Athlete javelin does not.  Locating the spear and feeling for the rubber tip is how I found my Vikings.

9 hours ago, Abaddon127 said:

I disagree.  The Viking spear has a flexible rubber tip, the Athlete javelin does not.  Locating the spear and feeling for the rubber tip is how I found my Vikings.

Yeah I thought the same. Then I found out that the Athlete spear tip will give too. And the Viking flex tip can be mistaken for the Power ranger sword if you are not careful about the shape and focus too much on flexibility.
But to each their own. If you find it easier to distinguish by spear, by all means do what works for you.

I saw that promobricks recently went to the Cologne Lego store that reopened and they had the CMFs presorted by figure, but were limiting purchase to one of each type. I'm curious if this is unique to the Cologne location, or if others will be doing that

Edit: Commentor said the Berlin store confirmed by phone they are also doing this

Edited by DentedFrood

2 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Yeah I thought the same. Then I found out that the Athlete spear tip will give too. And the Viking flex tip can be mistaken for the Power ranger sword if you are not careful about the shape and focus too much on flexibility.
But to each their own. If you find it easier to distinguish by spear, by all means do what works for you.

I stand corrected.

Those are some nice looking vikings.  I had to get a few off of bricklink because of this quarantine they should arrive by the latest Monday.  I can't wait to experiment myself and see how it works with certain torso's and beards I have in mind.  

With lockdown measure easing off, managed to get a box with 20% discount (big thanks to the local toy store offering me despite recent tough times).  The distribution is the same as the brickset reviews.  

I personally like the series. (although series 19 is bit better). My favourites are definitely the red ranger, PJ girl, the dancer.   Also the sea turtle and nunchucks.  I think the nunchucks gonna be awesome for the ninja turtle minifigures XD

Also hopefully we get the other rangers in various colours in the near future!

The only thing I will miss is going out to different shops to feel the bags for any additional figures I might want more. 

Nice one! Was that through Toyco? Best I found was a 10% code. My bank account still said no, though. Still considering it anyway, but better not.

@Pchan1983 have you been able to make a „list“ which figure is where in the Box? That would be helpfull to find the figers faster when we go to a store ;-)

19 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

Nice one! Was that through Toyco? Best I found was a 10% code. My bank account still said no, though. Still considering it anyway, but better not.

It wasn't toyco this time, I was waiting for them to put the page up but my local Toyworld posted on their facebook.  So I called them and when I said I want a box, they offered me discount =)

7 hours ago, Petric_G said:

@Pchan1983 have you been able to make a „list“ which figure is where in the Box? That would be helpfull to find the figers faster when we go to a store ;-)

I don't have a list because I can't confirm if every boxes have the same spot for each figure but I basically start opening each pact immediately after I opened so I guess the first one on the right most row is the Llama costume girl.  I wouldn't bet on it though because the box in any shops may already been shuffled by other customers.

Finally managed to find the pirate girl! I'm not sure about other areas in the USA, but several Walmarts that I've been to in the NC Triad have the CMFs for $2.

9 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

I don't have a list because I can't confirm if every boxes have the same spot for each figure but I basically start opening each pact immediately after I opened so I guess the first one on the right most row is the Llama costume girl.  I wouldn't bet on it though because the box in any shops may already been shuffled by other customers.

You are right its not save. But it is normally a good starting point. I stsated the list by warching your video, but you cut the second half out.... 

18 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Finally managed to find the pirate girl! I'm not sure about other areas in the USA, but several Walmarts that I've been to in the NC Triad have the CMFs for $2.

One of the Neighborhood Market locations has them for that. If I wanted to drive a quite spell, there's a Walmart selling them for $1, if Brickseek is to be believed (less and less, these days).

I ordered 2 cases from a local shop which were completely sealed in the outer brown box and had an interesting find in regards to box distribution. Note I am basing quantity of each figure from just2good's review and box analysis.

The first box I went through had incorrect numbers of the following... 7 Piñata Boys, 4 Vikings, 2 80s Musician, 5 Pirates, 3 Martial Arts Boy, and 0 Space Fans.
The second box also had incorrect numbers of the following... 7 Piñata Boys, 3 Peapods, 5 Drone Boy and 0 Space Fans.

I would be curious to hear from others if your box distributions were off as well.