Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

28 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

Same with my Walmart. I don’t know if they over stocked or series 19 and 20 were more appealing 

they skipped The DC series I think 

I think Walmart treats IP series differently. My local won't even stock the regular CMFs, but when The LEGO Movie 2 sets were being pushed with display stands they had that series alongside. Strange that they stock just about every other blind bag product under the sun, but not the regular LEGO CMFs. I had to rely on Target, which is horribly inconsistent in how, and where, they display them.

I was able to pick up some Series 20 today from the Dreamworld LEGO Store (its a certified store so its not covered by the LEGO decision to shut down company owned stores, its not forced to close by any government order and the owners have decided to remain open with social distancing and other measures in place including sanitizer for anyone feeling the minifig bags). The only one I wanted but couldn't find was the athletics girl (and yes I did make sure I didn't miss-identify the athletics girl as the viking)

14 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Same with my Walmart. I don’t know if they over stocked or series 19 and 20 were more appealing 

they skipped The DC series I think 

My local store doesn't have any CMFs out currently. In the next town over, the one with S.20 and Disney S.2 also had a fair bit of S.19 and DC S.2. I haven't been to that town's second Walmart, but I imagine it's similarly stocked. A lot of Disney S.2 showed up around Christmas for whatever reason.

Man, I'm tempted to head back to Target to grab some more, but as my luck hasn’t been very good, getting 5 of the 10 bought that I actually want, and I don’t want to feel bags...on top of saving for the HP wave. 

My Walmart had most of a case when I was there the other day.  Managed to snag a Pirate Lady, 2 Vikings, and 2 Knights by feel.  I really like the new sword that the Knight comes with.  It reminds me of Glamdring.

LEGO posted a very interesting video on facebook showing the production process of Series 20

7 hours ago, Abaddon127 said:

My Walmart had most of a case when I was there the other day.  Managed to snag a Pirate Lady, 2 Vikings, and 2 Knights by feel.  I really like the new sword that the Knight comes with.  It reminds me of Glamdring.

The Viking has thus-far eluded me. Target had most of their stock up by the staffed cashiers, and I turned up no Vikings in the partial case I found at another Walmart. They've got an inner bag, right? I was surprised to find the athlete is bagged.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:38 PM, Robert8 said:

LEGO posted a very interesting video on facebook showing the production process of Series 20

Link?

I find it funny that the hands are put on correctly in the video but every brand new torso I’ve ever got always has the hands sideways or upside down.  :laugh:

and I like how the machine is able to know which side is the front on the torso with the laser.

1 hour ago, afol_legoist said:

I wonder how it was aligned when that square mark on torso neck was not in use....

That neck mark on torso was used for a really long time. 

While early Town and Castle figs used a sticker on Torso in 1978, the neck mark appeared alongside the first printed torsos in 1979. 

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

That neck mark on torso was used for a really long time. 

Actually I meant "at production" - like rather new Mister Miracle or older Electro MF.

Great video and amazing process - and no even a clue how they managed to align torsos without special mark (I do not mean plain pieces or with the same pattern on both sides)

Edited by afol_legoist

Series 20 just showed up in the local Walmart...I got the diver thinking it was the tournament knight. In case anyone is looking for one or the other, those small plant pieces feel a lot like a shield!

25 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

I got the diver thinking it was the tournament knight.

...which naturally I read as "I got the driver thinking it was the tournament night.".

I was like... "He has a driver!?"... "What is tournament night?".

The truth is never as entertaining, but I do hope you get the Knight next time :knight:

Edited by leafan

I lucked out yesterday at Walmart. Beelined for the Lego while my Wife got her prescriptions filled. Found most of a series 20 box crammed in with the polybags.
We did a quick price check and they rang up at $3.44/ea not the dreaded $4.99.
Commenced to feel up most of a box with the help of my Wife.
Haul: 3x Vikings, 3x Knights, 4x Pirate Chicks, 4x Divers (2 Turtles for me, one for my Wife and one for my Daughter).
Need more Vikings/Knights!

On 4/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, K_Tiger said:

The Viking has thus-far eluded me. Target had most of their stock up by the staffed cashiers, and I turned up no Vikings in the partial case I found at another Walmart. They've got an inner bag, right? I was surprised to find the athlete is bagged.

Yes, the Viking does indeed have an inner bag.  It may help  you locate him in the future.

1 hour ago, Abaddon127 said:

Yes, the Viking does indeed have an inner bag.  It may help  you locate him in the future.

The shield and the 2x2 round tile are what easily differentiate the two. Inner bag and spear is not enough.

Thanks, I found him once I got to a store that had a good supply. I disagree that you can't tell he and the athlete apart by the spears alone, but it's always better to get a confirmation through the use of other parts. Speaking of parts, I was surprised to find the Viking came with a spare beard piece.

I got my full set after the Series finally turned up at my local Walmart. Now on to my second full set, and additional parts figs. 

It really is the simple joys in life ... :)

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I disagree that you can't tell he and the athlete apart by the spears alone,

It's fiddly to tell the spears apart but can be done.

On April 26, 2020 at 5:31 PM, leafan said:

...which naturally I read as "I got the driver thinking it was the tournament night.".

I was like... "He has a driver!?"... "What is tournament night?".

The truth is never as entertaining, but I do hope you get the Knight next time :knight:

Yes, my driver and I always get excited about tournament night, when all the monocled millionaires joust in limousines! :laugh:

Next time I'll try for either the knight, the pirate, or the viking.