Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

2 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Or you could just put on rubber gloves. as if an adult standing in a toy aisle feeling small plastic bags isn’t already odd

...and a gas mask.

Hell, why not go whole-hog and wear a Hazmat suit; that'll really give the kids a scare, and the adults a chuckle. :laugh:

31 minutes ago, leafan said:

Hell, why not go whole-hog and wear a Hazmat suit; that'll really give the kids a scare, and the adults a chuckle. :laugh:

Perfect time for the Hazmat Suit figure from series 4! 

According to WHO, Europe is now the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic

Now I'm 99,99% sure this series will be pushed back at least 1 month

There is a pic on IG showing some of the faces, including the Viking and the Power Ranger's

I won't post it here because is leaked (i.e. someone stole a minifigure)

Edited by Robert8

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Now I'm 99,99% sure this series will be pushed back at least 1 month

If not further... :sceptic: ...makes me wonder if we could see only two CMS this year if Series 20 were to be potentially pushed as far back as August/September.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:33 AM, Robert8 said:

lego-minifiguren-sammelserie-20-box-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann.jpg

Not sure if anyone's noted this before, but could the Drone Piloting Kid's torso design be a nod to the Time Cruiser theme's Timmy? :shrug_confused:

tim004.png

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If not further... :sceptic: ...makes me wonder if we could see only two CMS this year if Series 20 were to be potentially pushed as far back as August/September.

Not sure if anyone's noted this before, but could the Drone Piloting Kid's torso design be a nod to the Time Cruiser theme's Timmy? :shrug_confused:

Well spotted! I hadn't noticed that.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There is a pic on IG showing some of the faces, including the Viking and the Power Ranger's

Just came across that pic now; and yeah, that face is totally a Power Rangers face... :laugh:

It's not only the bags that could be an issue, but also PAB and BAM stations at the stores, and play pits at shows. I know of one place that has removed their public play pits for the time being, don't recall if it was a store or a show.

Washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or using hand sanitiser gel and not touching your face after feeling bags/picking PAB/BAM parts will keep you from getting covid-19. As for the parts themselves, washing them in soap and water will do it. Covid-19, like all coronaviruses, has a lipid coating that is susceptible to soap. Obviously, soap and water are no good for the leaflet inside CMFs, but if you leave them out for 72 hours, they will be safe.

Edited by AmperZand

That would be the ideal way. But considering what's happening in Spain and Italy, I wouldn't risk it. Especially because these aimed for children, who could be vectors for the virus

For now, I'd retire the CMF bags from all the stores

58 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Agreed I'd put all blind bag merchandise on hold for a while. Same for the build a figure stands and in-store build and play features, move them to the back.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That's not necessary here in Europe: Shops as a whole are/will be closed in most European countries (except e.g. supermarkets, bakeries, pharmacies and gas stations). :sceptic:

On 3/14/2020 at 12:06 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

[image]

Doubt it, The “T” doesn’t look the same. The “T” on the drone flyer is more likely to be an initial of the Designer who made him.

14 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Doubt it, The “T” doesn’t look the same. The “T” on the drone flyer is more likely to be an initial of the Designer who made him.

Well, for me the font of the "T" doesn't have to be that spot-on, as the green, white, and red torso colors, the dark blue legs, and the turquoise ball cap all point to that character being a possible design inspiration/homage. 

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for me the font of the "T" doesn't have to be that spot-on, as the green, white, and red torso colors, the dark blue legs, and the turquoise ball cap all point to that character being a possible design inspiration/homage. 

Oh! I see what you mean now. Oh yeah, the resemblance is striking. It probably is a reference in that case. We will have to wait until the next designer interviews to find out.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We will have to wait until the next designer interviews to find out.

Whenever that may be, as I'm afraid this year's LEGO Fan Media Days event (where most of those designer interviews would've taken place) may likely be put on hold with the COVID-19 outbreak, as a meet-and-greet with designers @Nabii, @marcosbessa, and Justin Ramsden has been rescheduled for 2021 due to such.

35 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Whenever that may be, as I'm afraid this year's LEGO Fan Media Days event (where most of those designer interviews would've taken place) may likely be put on hold with the COVID-19 outbreak, as a meet-and-greet with designers @Nabii, @marcosbessa, and Justin Ramsden has been rescheduled for 2021 due to such.

The meet and greet was March whereas the fan media days is in May and may not need to be rescheduled.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The meet and greet was March whereas the fan media days is in May and may not need to be rescheduled.

This won't be over in May :sad:

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This won't be over in May :sad:

A lot can happen in 2 months. We will have to wait and see :sadnew:

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Well, it seems they are going ahead with it

LEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-2.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-4.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-6.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-5.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-10.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-9.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-8.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-7.pngLEGO-Collectible-Minifigures-Series-20-71024-3.png

89964469_2880902582136349_4317264408263786496_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQnF3yRZfJ_LpysgKK90kXeQu5CzU83BNOqZSpN36FT_MWlu7-Clc8cV_abGkOggSXY&_nc_ht=scontent.fsjo7-1.fna&oh=49ecd52caf2a75668df23454720ffbaa&oe=5E945D0C

80’s Musician

Athlete

Breakdancer

Brick Costume Guy

Drone Boy

Llama Costume Girl

Martial Arts Boy

Peapod Costume Girl

Pinata Boy

Pirate Girl

Pyjama Girl

Sea Rescuer

Space Fan

Super Warrior

Tournament Knight

Viking

Edited by Robert8

On 3/14/2020 at 12:06 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

tim004.png

Looks more like the Airport shuttle logo to me.

ba017pb01.png

Although LEGO suggesting that drone fliers should be doing it near airports is likely to be controversial.

That keytar is awful, they got the keyboard part upside down. What a stupid error.

What I will get depends on the price, 5$ is too much :S

For 4$ I will get:
-Sea Rescuer (try to get 10 because of the turtle)
-Tournament Knight
-Viking
-Pirate Girl

For 3$ I will get:
-Brick Costume Guy
-Drone Boy
-Llama Costume Girl
-Peapod Costume Girl
-Pinata Boy
-Pyjama Girl
-Space Fan

No interest in:
-80’s Musician
-Athlete
-Breakdancer
-Martial Arts Boy
-Super Warrior

It's annoying that the Knight seems to have the old mold of kite shield, instead of the new larger one: 18836pb2%252C-3746%252C-48494-_-2586-shi

Also I reckon I'll get two each of the Knight and Viking and call it a day, the only other element I'm interested in is the Turtle but I'm sure that will turn up elsewhere. 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone