Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Let me add one small thought here.
You are concerned by the fact that this series may be launched in April.
I will tell you that the third one may be launched even in October.
You know that it will be licensed, but maybe that won't be Harry Potter again.

If what I heard is correct, Harry Potter may be delayed to 2021.

EDIT 
I wrote JAN but I meant SEP. That is because the next FB movie is due in late 2021.

Hopefully that means DIsney Series 3 is this year.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

EDIT 
I wrote JAN but I meant SEP. That is because the next FB movie is due in late 2021.

October? Could LEGO still hold the Scooby-Doo license? Scoob!, a digital animation movie, is set to come out this year. The character list includes young versions of the gang.

19 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

October? Could LEGO still hold the Scooby-Doo license? Scoob!, a digital animation movie, is set to come out this year. The character list includes young versions of the gang.

Playmobil are currently doing Scooby Doo sets that have only recently hit shelves. I doubt both companies would have Scooby Doo toys out at the same time.

What the M€g@bløck is going on? :wacko: FB3’s release date has been moved ages ago, so why change the release of the CMF series now? 

Edited by Lego-Freak

40 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I guess Disney 3 has good chances to be this years third or one of the first two serieses of 2021. Otherwise there wont be the required moulds for the Pooh Ideas set.

I guess it depends on whether they break their "rules" for new parts in an Ideas set that may be high volume, or if they allow a long time between the first use of a new mould and the second use. If they know they will reuse moulds a year or two later then they might still offset the costs of them for an Ideas set.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

What the... :distressed: ...how long have you known about this rumored development, and do you know just how recently such a change has came about?

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Damn this is very surprising. Is there any record of such an upheaval happening with any CMF series before? 

Well, there was the Ninjago series that got pushed back because the movie got pushed back. But also, I'm skeptical that this is really an "upheaval" anyway, because the rumors of HP Series 2 coming out this year never exactly seemed airtight to begin with.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

What the M€g@bløck is going on? :wacko: FB3’s release date has been moved ages ago, so why change the release of the CMF series now? 

Just because we’ve only just heard this rumour now doesn’t mean the change has happened very recently. 

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

EDIT 

No chance of series 21 then?

15 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

But also, I'm skeptical that this is really an "upheaval" anyway, because the rumors of HP Series 2 coming out this year never exactly seemed airtight to begin with.

The rumor was first reported by Brick Fanatics, and rather surprised me as I'd previously figured that any follow-up to the first Series would've been reserved to coincide with the release of the third Fantastic Beasts film. I suppose Brick Fanatics' source could've first caught wind of plans for a follow-up before the "threequel" had been moved back a year, and Lego followed suit? :shrug_confused:

Can @Falconfan1414 by any chance weigh-in on this? 

Hi Everyone. New to the forum.

I just wanted to add something related to the above discussion I've been thinking about. This is purely my own speculation, but wanted to share.

Could it be possible we could get 2 minifigire series this spring?. The main reason I saytthis, is because of the lego catalog callout for a new minifigute series in May "you will be surprised" that we have all seen.

I think series 20 is great and will definitely be getting them, but it's not new and I'm not surprised. At least not in a good way.

normally two series back to back a month a part would make no sense, but it is the 10th anniversary of CMF. Maybe they will actually surprise us with a second release.

Every video and article I've watched has been very clear in indicating series 20 is being released in April.

I think its possible we may get genuinely surprised in May

Maybe Scooby-Doo Maybe something else..

Edited by adam85

Agreed, release date discrepancies are common.

It's wishful thinking. I guess I'm being hopeful that LEGO might actually surprise us and didn't drop the ball on this opportunity.

Edited by adam85

As far as I’m aware, the ‘surprise’ refers simply to the way in which casual buyers obtain the figures: in blind bags. Therefore, they should be surprised as to what figure they’re actually getting. 

I think the reason for the April/May thing is just that the figs will be released in brand stores and online April 1st, while they hit the retailers May 1st, hence the May date in the retail catalogue ;)

1 hour ago, adam85 said:

Hi Everyone. New to the forum.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Adam!

I’m interested in seeing the hip hop girl without the speakers and hairpiece blocking it. Seems like a detailed minifigure and hope there’s back printing. 

Additionally, is there a list of every figure we know has an alternate face? 

4 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

As far as I’m aware, the ‘surprise’ refers simply to the way in which casual buyers obtain the figures: in blind bags. Therefore, they should be surprised as to what figure they’re actually getting. 

Agreed. That’s how I interpreted as well.

19 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

Additionally, is there a list of every figure we know has an alternate face? 

Not yet. I’ll see if I can find out any information.

Double faces confirmed:

PeaPod Girl

Pirate Girl

Rocket Girl

Llama Girl

Athlete 

Musician Guy

Karate Guy

That is from looking at different pics/videos from NYTF

Green Brick Guy might have another one, Im not sure. But if he does then both faces are very similar. 

Also, the little girl with pajamas is an obvious candidate to have double face but I havent seen anything to confirm it

Edited by Robert8

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Double faces confirmed:

PeaPod Girl

Pirate Girl

Rocket Girl

Llama Girl

Athlete 

Musician Guy

Karate Guy

That is from looking at different pics/videos from NYTF

Green Brick Guy might have another one, Im not sure. But if he does then both faces are very similar. 

Also, the little girl with pajamas is an obvious candidate to have double face but I havent seen anything to confirm it

Nice detective work Batman!

On 2/25/2020 at 5:13 AM, MAB said:

Playmobil are currently doing Scooby Doo sets that have only recently hit shelves. I doubt both companies would have Scooby Doo toys out at the same time.

Well, Playmobil's licensing agreement shouldn't impact LEGO Scooby-Doo at all. Think of both Ghostbusters toylines from LEGO and Playmobil. The latter recently got the Ghostbusters license, but LEGO is apparently making Ghostbusters: Afterlife sets this Summer!

So, anything is possible!

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Well, Playmobil's licensing agreement shouldn't impact LEGO Scooby-Doo at all. Think of both Ghostbusters toylines from LEGO and Playmobil. The latter recently got the Ghostbusters license, but LEGO is apparently making Ghostbusters: Afterlife sets this Summer!

So, anything is possible!

Playmobil have had Ghostbusters sets on the shelves for three years already, so it is not really recent. I don't know how long their products last at retail, but I imagine they might be on their way out and it might also be that their license period is coming to an end. Or of course, it might be that neither company has an exclusive license although that would seem strange given what happens with other IPs. Whereas the Scooby Doo Playmobil sets have only just been released (at least, in the UK, at Argos), and are not for sale at Amazon (UK) yet. I will be really surprised if Playmobil and LEGO have Scooby Doo sets out at the same time, released within months of each other.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:51 AM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

new pirate hat-hair combo … could be recoloured with a white ponytail

That would be amazing! I have a use for dozens of those. It would let me create a new visible rank for my Pirate theme Soldiers.
As it is I'm only in for one or two of those Piratess figs. I made a much better one ages ago that might be improved with the combo hairpiece.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Playmobil have had Ghostbusters sets on the shelves for three years already, so it is not really recent. I don't know how long their products last at retail, but I imagine they might be on their way out and it might also be that their license period is coming to an end. Or of course, it might be that neither company has an exclusive license although that would seem strange given what happens with other IPs. Whereas the Scooby Doo Playmobil sets have only just been released (at least, in the UK, at Argos), and are not for sale at Amazon (UK) yet. I will be really surprised if Playmobil and LEGO have Scooby Doo sets out at the same time, released within months of each other.

Oh, okay. I forgot that Playmobil's Ghostbusters line was released in 2017! My bad. Heh-heh. BTW, I would still love to see a LEGO Hanna-Barbera CMF happen.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:52 PM, Robert8 said:

Double faces confirmed:

Pirate Girl

That would be nice, as I'm not all that impressed with the default one already seen.

As a whole though, I'd much rather have seen something similar to your own female pirate figure, Robert. That one was far superior.