Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

52 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Does anyone else think that the new pirate hat-hair combo was designed with the upcoming Ideas pirate set in mind? Another user mentioned how it could be recoloured with a white ponytail and I definitely think there’ll be at least two figures with the hat in the pirate set. 

I'd say t's probably a safe bet.

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Alongside the current DC, that’ll be 2 consecutive CMF series they’ve shown little interest in.

I bought a complete series of DC Comics the first day it arrived locally. When my kids (I have 6) saw them each one said they wanted to have certain figures also. I should have just bought a box, but I didn't realise how much my kids would like them. Now I have been going back to the store every couple days to acquire the desired figures but the store keeps selling out shortly after the new box is opened. So DC may not be something you like but it is not just sitting on the shelves around here. They cannot keep them in stock, which is a good problem to me. Disney series 2 is still warming the shelves at most local stores and a few still have series 19.

Way too many 'modern day' figs though I do like all of the historical figs. Besides the power ranger we don't really have any 'fantastical' figures based on not real things like no monsters or future people or anything like that.

The Turtle is cool and all but besides the 3 historical figs the only other ones I like are the Llama (cause she reminds me of The Sims) and the Piñata Boy. I don't dislike the others but they're just kinda dull.

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

In that case you should probably wait for the turtle to be reused in sets or the build a minifigure stations. I mean it is very likely if not a sure thing it will reappear cheaper in a slightly different colour.

I need every animal in every realistic colour for my collection :tongue: But you are right probably only a matter of time before we see it again :sweet:
I will get some of the figs also, but not for 5 euro a pop :sceptic:

I've seen a few commentators elsewhere sum-up the Series in this way: It'd be an alright Series 21, but it's a lousy Series 20. Seriously, for as lame as I consider Series 18 to be for particular reasons, it did put effort into commemorating the milestone it honored, even celebrating the legacy of the Collectable Minifigure theme despite the Minifigure's 40th Anniversary instead being the focal point. I mean, I know one could say that Series 20 had a hard act to follow trying to top Series 18's act, but it didn't need to, yet it's own commemorative effort in marking this milestone is still so damn apathetic. :sad:

OK, trying to get past that lament, how do I at least feel about its individual offerings now that we've finally have images? Well, for me the strongest CMF in this Series has to be the "Red Ranger" so to speak, as the Pirate Lass and Viking that I was originally the most excited for just aren't all that I'd hoped they'd be. Other than that, my second favorite next to the "Red Ranger" is probably the Pajama Girl, who's new stuffed bunny mold and Hermione hairpiece recolor make the figure quite worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Does anyone else think that the new pirate hat-hair combo was designed with the upcoming Ideas pirate set in mind? Another user mentioned how it could be recoloured with a white ponytail and I definitely think there’ll be at least two figures with the hat in the pirate set. 

I do.

and with the Viking helmet and new sword the could bring back the lord of the rings!

15 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

I do.

and with the Viking helmet and new sword the could bring back the lord of the rings!

I wish but sadly it seems too long gone. That said I can't wait to try and make a custom Eowyn figure from the Battle of Pelennor Fields :sweet:

19 hours ago, GoombaKarate said:

I have noticed this as well with Series 19. The last numbered series to have the number on the packaging was Series 18. So I guess Lego ditched the numbers on the packaging to make it more appealing for casual customers. Not a huge deal in my opinion.

My Series 19 bags have number on it.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, for me the strongest CMF in this Series has to be the "Red Ranger" so to speak, as the Pirate Lass and Viking that I was originally the most excited for just aren't all that I'd hoped they'd be. Other than that, my second favorite next to the "Red Ranger" is probably the Pajama Girl, who's new stuffed bunny mold and Hermione hairpiece recolor make the figure quite worthwhile.

That are the (only) two minifigs I will probably buy: Red Ranger and Pyjama Girl.

IMO, pirate lady, knight and viking are great, too.

I am missing two minifigs: an Adventurer-like figure/a scientist and some kind of spooky/evil figure.

Just now, The Reader said:

I am missing two minifigs: an Adventurer-like figure/a scientist and some kind of spooky/evil figure.

I know we just had the Johnny Thunder homage with Series 19's Jungle Explorer, but yeah, I do wish this Series offered at least one contribution to the CMF Adventurer-Verse. I mean really, come on, I've been waiting way too long for an Aviatrix CMF... :hmpf_bad:

I think the price increase makes sense, almost every figure in this series has at least one new mold. I’d still prefer if they could keep the price lower and offer more recolors/prints without new molds though.

Edited by Tusserte

On 2/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, Metanoios91 said:

The beard is a seperate piece from the new Viking helmet. Looks like the Santa beard in orange

Absolutely.

NEW SWORD MOULD!

8 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

I bought a complete series of DC Comics the first day it arrived locally. When my kids (I have 6) saw them each one said they wanted to have certain figures also. I should have just bought a box, but I didn't realise how much my kids would like them. Now I have been going back to the store every couple days to acquire the desired figures but the store keeps selling out shortly after the new box is opened. So DC may not be something you like but it is not just sitting on the shelves around here. They cannot keep them in stock, which is a good problem to me. Disney series 2 is still warming the shelves at most local stores and a few still have series 19.

Series 2 confirmed.

You have 6 kids? That’s awesome man!

49 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

I think the price increase makes sense, almost every figure in this series has at least one new mold. I’d still prefer if they could keep the price lower and offer more recolors/prints without new molds though.

I’m actually pretty happy with the price and the moulds.

Given that unexpected little NASA tie-in that the "Rocket Girl" CMF has with the printed cylinder brick there making up the midsection of the rocket build, I just realized that if we ever see a female counterpart to Series 15's Astronaut in a future Series, the figure just might have NASA branding rather than that of Classic Space.

That, kinda annoys me. :hmpf_bad:

On 2/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, KristinnK said:

The Viking is absolutely fantastic! Might be my all-time favorite CMF figure. His torso+legs are perfect early-medieval clothes. The spear with the metal tip is my absolute favorite weapon, which 90% of my martial minifigures use. The shield is fine, although I prefer the 3x3 technic disks from the Viking line (but those are cheap and plenty anyway). The helmet if it's a separate mold will be perfectly nice, but if it's a combined mold with the beard it will be much more limited as others have said. Unfortunately to me from this pictures it all looks like one mold, but we'll find out soon.

The pirate torso isn't interesting to me though, and neither is the knight. And that sword is just comically oversized.

But that Viking is really everything I wish for every time there is a new CMF series. I'll be buying at least 2-3.

The Viking's helmet and beard are definitely separate molds.  No worries there, and I may just have to put together an Eowyn minifig for myself.

Just now, Robert8 said:

Now even the regular CMFs are becoming licensed...

Pffft, perhaps, but NASA particularly just seems to seep into everything recently... :alien:

18 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Pffft, perhaps, but NASA particularly just seems to seep into everything recently... :alien:

Yes that is noticeable, it's not like they are the only active organization right now, and even planned future american manned space travel is outsourced to Space X or Boeing now.

I don't see the big hype about NASA anymore, maybe in a historic sense but not in a current-day one, at least for manned missions, after the Space Shuttle retired.

I know SLS is in development for beyond earth, and LEGO's 2019 City Space rocket kind of seemed to based on that, so we'll see where that goes.

But replacing Classic Space with NASA would be sad.

Edited by TeriXeri

20 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

In that case you should probably wait for the turtle to be reused in sets or the build a minifigure stations. I mean it is very likely if not a sure thing it will reappear cheaper in a slightly different colour.

That’s what I’m hoping for. I have zero interest in the Diver minifig so I hope that turtle shows new up in BaM stations. Multiple animals have. Some even being the exact same. 

11 hours ago, The Reader said:

That are the (only) two minifigs I will probably buy: Red Ranger and Pyjama Girl.

IMO, pirate lady, knight and viking are great, too.

I would say the Rocket Girl could easily be a scientist. 

I find this series very boring. So many already done figures, or ones in similar type costumes. The viking and knight are OK, but other than that I'm out. It comes to something when I find the licensed CMF more interesting than the non-licensed.

This serie will be launch on April 1st as I read; isn’t it unusual ? Is there a possibility that we’ll have 4 series this year ?

2 minutes ago, Hippocampe said:

This series will be launch on April 1st as I read; isn’t it unusual?

Um, I believe Series 18 might have officially hit the shelves in April of that year, as this article mentioned Target stores in the states had them early...

The Brick Fan - LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 18 Found Early at Target

Let me add one small thought here.
You are concerned by the fact that this series may be launched in April.
I will tell you that the third one may be launched even in October.
You know that it will be licensed, but maybe that won't be Harry Potter again.

If what I heard is correct, Harry Potter may be delayed to 2021.

EDIT 
I wrote JAN but I meant SEP. That is because the next FB movie is due in late 2021.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

I guess Disney 3 has good chances to be this years third or one of the first two serieses of 2021. Otherwise there wont be the required moulds for the Pooh Ideas set.