Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

47 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

I actually like the series.  Red ranger.... now how many years we have to wait to get a full team?  5 years minimum, I don't know if I have patience for that XD.   

Yep...I hope we get them in consecutive series’. People will bitch one way or the other, so I hope we get a full team sooner rather than later. 

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

THIS IS NOT SERIES 20???? 

The numbered series are gone??

I have noticed this as well with Series 19. The last numbered series to have the number on the packaging was Series 18. So I guess Lego ditched the numbers on the packaging to make it more appealing for casual customers. Not a huge deal in my opinion.

Edited by GoombaKarate

8 minutes ago, GoombaKarate said:

I have noticed this as well with Series 19. The last numbered series to have the number on the packaging was Series 18. So I guess Lego ditched the numbers on the packaging to make it more appealing for casual customers. Not a huge deal in my opinion.

To be fair 19/20 is starting to become a big number which may turn buyers away. But this is the least important thing really, in my mind I’ll still know the numbers and it’s the actual minifigures that are more important.

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

To be fair 19/20 is starting to become a big number which may turn buyers away. But this is the least important thing really, in my mind I’ll still know the numbers and it’s the actual minifigures that are more important.

Yeah I agree with you on that. As only the fans of this theme are those who keep track of the numbers anyway.

I also think that due to the fact that the numbered series have caught up to the current year (Series 20 in 2020), there is really no point as to having it on the packaging since it is the 'normal' minifigure series of 2020. Thus, why I believe Lego won't release any more than one 'numbered' minifigure series in a year.

Edited by GoombaKarate
Additional thoughts

These are looking pretty good.  Loving the knight and viking.  There are some great accessories in this series too.  Looks like another expensive year for me lego wise with ninjago, star wars, the cmf's, harry potter, super hereos marvel/dc,  pirates bay, the blacksmiths shop, and some odds and ends pick ups for parts and figs.

4 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I like what I see! the knight and viking are beautiful.

the pink pants guy is least interesting to me 

also only THREE ! figures do not have new molds ( athlete, brick guy and nasa girl )

I’ll definitely get them all and probably extra knights and Vikings 

It seems there are 13 new molds this time around, which is a vast improvement over Series 19. 

I also find interesting that the figures have no more than 1 new mold each. Which makes it more even, compared with some other series like 15

Seeing them in person, I am much more impressed than I expected.

I agree with @Itaria No ShintakuShintaku that the Viking is phenomenal since the helmet and beard are separate. Great new shield, torso is excellent, and I love seeing the longspear in another fig. This is a $5.00 fig to me. I hope he has a good, versatile head.

I am very happy with the Raven shield and the yellow torso/legs (bright light orange?) On the Knight. 

The female swashbucklers hat/hair will be very useful for pirates and 1700's English/British/French, which is great! 

The pinata boy's sombrero has far more utility for Western builds than the previous 3 versions, so that's an excellent piece too!

Turtle looks great - limited build incorporation potential, but will work well for ocean/sea builds.

Some of the other figures look better than I expected: bunny girl, drone guy (that will be a useful piece), space fan looks great with all the details. I am a fan of the llama as well. 

The viking's fantastic separate helmet and entire ensemble, along with the Knight's heraldry and garb really make the series for me.

I still haven't made up my mind about who I like and who I don't, but:

- the "20" tile looks lame

- the printing on the keytar is wrong; black keys should be on the inside. I'll have to build Sandy Marton left-handed.

5 hours ago, GoombaKarate said:

Maybe is a regional thing then? Because my Series 19 bags had the numbering as usual

Image result for lego series 19

29 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe is a regional thing then? Because my Series 19 bags had the numbering as usual

Oops my bad, I just checked again and found that the Series 19 bag does indeed have 'Series 19' on it while, the box and the checklist does not.

Weird as the Series 18 box did have 'Series 18' labelled on it.

Edited by GoombaKarate

Pleasantly surprised by how good these look. I went from "buying a couple" based on the descriptions to "buying a set" after seeing the pics.

I really like the Karate Kid... maybe we will get Mr Miyagi one day, and whatever the other kids name was. Love bunny girl and the new turtle. The drone looks good, just hope there's a way to elevate it via clear bricks or similar. I can't tell if there's a space underneath.

Edited by sunhuntin

43 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

-the printing on the keytar is wrong; black keys should be on the inside. I'll have to build Sandy Marton left-handed.

Oh yeah, I just noticed that as well. Hopefully they can fix that prior to release.

32 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Pleasantly surprised by how good these look. I went from "buying a couple" based on the descriptions to "buying a set" after seeing the pics.

I really like the Karate Kid... maybe we will get Mr Miyagi one day, and whatever the other kids name was. Love bunny girl and the new turtle. The drone looks good, just hope there's a way to elevate it via clear bricks or similar. I can't tell if there's a space underneath.

For the drone, yeah you can. If you look at the picture on Brickset on the homepage of the article, you get a good angle on the drone. It’s that new-ish gun from the Overwatch theme. So the bottom of the actual drone will have room for a stud to lock into it. That’s great to know & something I hadn’t looked at until I read your comment. 

At first sight the knight looks like the poor brother of the black falcon knight (10223), but seems more accurate to his era.

Same for vikinkin and pirate.

The knight's feather/plume looks maroon (unless it's red but it looks darker), which I believe would be a new color for that element.

Overall it's a nice looking series, with a variety of useful parts, some new pieces to like, and a praiseworthy return of desirable historic army-builders. Still, much like the last series there is a lack of recognisable arch-types and iconic new ideas. Robert8 has comprehensively shown that so much is possible, but LEGO continues with a hodge podge of city-ish figures and variations of things they've already done, and therefore I feel it's ok to get nit-picky.

Here are my thoughts (just following the order of the picture):

Pinata Boy - actually perfect for what it is. Good hat recolour, good new accessory. 5/5

Hip Hop Girl - great figure and I love the new hat-hair, but the accessory is a bit lacking. We've had a lot of boomboxes and I wish she had either a new style like a Beats pill style of boombox, or an additional speaker or something. 4/5

Peapod Suit - I don't understand the accessory choice. The figure is good for what it is. 3.5/5

Knight - the helmet feels over-used at this point. For an existing one, perhaps one of the Nexo Knights helmets in a new colour would have been good. A new sword is a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. 4.5/5

Pirate Woman - while the hat-hair is excellent and the overall figure looks good, as a CMF it's lacking something. An animal friend like a parrot or new colour for the CMF monkey would have put it up a notch. Even though I'll surely get this one - 3.5/5

NASA woman - cool prints but nothing wow 3/5

Llama Costume - if you like the animal costumes, I guess it's perfect? The accessory is lackluster once again though. 3.5/5

Viking - this guy is all around perfect. Awesome new helmet, full complement of accessories, new colour for the beard, dual moulding. 5/5

Red Ranger - I have no interest in this personally, but once again it's something new and perfect for what it is, so 5/5

Nunchuck master - though the body is similar to things we've gotten before, the design motif is nice, the recolour of a fairly new hairpiece if useful, and the nunchuck is also pretty good. 4/5

Olympian - this one doesn't bring much to the table. A nice torso print and that's about it, as I don't think white is a particularly useful spear colour. 2/5

Diver - literally the only good thing here is the turtle, and it irks me when one accessory is the sole reason to buy a figure. Enough divers. 1/5

Green Brick - not the most exciting, but the brick people are fun and provide lots of opportunities for things, plus a more useful colour of an obscure hairpiece. 3.5/5

Keytar Player - this figure looks like a total mishmash. The accessory is again the only desirable aspect. 1/5

Pajama Girl - she's perfect besides for the legs. There's nothing wrong with them per se, but medium or regular legs would have been better to continue the pattern, like the original sleepyhead. What is included is fantastic though. 4.5/5

Drone Guy - again a figure who is just fine, but not recognisable as anything. The accesories are decent though, as are the prints. 3/5

10 minutes ago, Steampunk Sheriff said:

Interested to see what print is on Pinjata boys torso

According to the first leaked pictures, Piñata Boy' torso is plain white.

1 minute ago, Aurore said:

According to the first leaked pictures, Piñata Boy' torso is plain white.

Like every figure with a poncho ever released except for Emmet. So i am 100%sure it will be without a print this time, too.

I just found out that the DC series in Norway has increased the price from roughly 4 euro (more than high enough) to the crazy high 5 euro :facepalm:
I assume that is the case for series 20 also, will not buy a single fig for that price :hmpf: So I can wait for a discount (since shops probably will drown in figs), buy a box (not very tempting with this series since I only want multiple of the turtle and it not so easy to sell the extra figs now) or buy them from/in another country :shrug_oh_well:
They started at around 2 euro 10 years ago so that is a 150% increase, if they keep that up they will cost 12,5 euro in 2030:wacko:

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I just found out that the DC series in Norway has increased the price from roughly 4 euro (more than high enough) to the crazy high 5 euro :facepalm:
I assume that is the case for series 20 also, will not buy a single fig for that price :hmpf: So I can wait for a discount (since shops probably will drown in figs), buy a box (not very tempting with this series since I only want multiple of the turtle and it not so easy to sell the extra figs now) or buy them from/in another country :shrug_oh_well:
They started at around 2 euro 10 years ago so that is a 150% increase, if they keep that up they will cost 12,5 euro in 2030:wacko:

In that case you should probably wait for the turtle to be reused in sets or the build a minifigure stations. I mean it is very likely if not a sure thing it will reappear cheaper in a slightly different colour.

Very underwhelming compared to S19 and even that was fairly hit and miss. Oh well, one less option for the kids’ to spend their pocket money on! Alongside the current DC, that’ll be 2 consecutive CMF series they’ve shown little interest in.

Does anyone else think that the new pirate hat-hair combo was designed with the upcoming Ideas pirate set in mind? Another user mentioned how it could be recoloured with a white ponytail and I definitely think there’ll be at least two figures with the hat in the pirate set.