Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

That looks like Billy Hargrove with the Keytar. At least we could make him Billy Hargrove (stranger things)

1 minute ago, Vindicare said:

While I don’t personally care for drones, it’s great seeing an actual sized one after those gigantic things plagued City recently.

CMF Drone certainly looks nicely sized for a civilian quadcopter, good use of those propeller pieces.

Most drones have been really large in City , and the Drone trend isn't stopping yet, next City Magazine has this , a bit better sized then some previous examples at least :

952002-1.jpg?202002121038

Edited by TeriXeri

I really don't like this series. Almost all of the choices are so boring and unuseful. Nothing new really. Only might pick up Bunny Pajama girl because I can use the Hermione hair in that colour for Supergirl and the pirate's hair/hat combo could work for Elizabeth Swan. I can see Red Ranger being fun for power ranger fans, but personally I have no use for him.

That Viking is perfect! The outfit looks straight out of a Museum Replicas catalog.

I'm loving the drone design. I'm already thinking of alternative uses.

I need that turtle! I hope the minifig posing pieces are part of the package.

The Knight is a good army builder. I'll change the helm, though.

I'll be buying some Llamas. Put some blank heads in them, and set them behind some structure. A fun addition to a pastoral MOC.

I need the Bunny Pajamas' hair.

The Lady Pirate is usable, but not for multiples.

I'd like a couple of those NASA round bricks.

The nunchaku do seem to have shorter bars. I hope they come apart. There's some potential for a martial arts class builds here.

I didn't get any of the brick costumes before, green is my favorite color, and I have a few landscaping ideas, so I'll get multiples. The head, hair, and plate have their uses.

I might be able to use the Red Ranger in some sci-fi vigs, but changing the helmet.

I could part out that Keytar Guy.

The Piňata Boy is a maybe.

The Hip Hop Girl, Olympian, and Pea Pod are ones I can do without.

I just "like" this series but no love at all for it at the moment. The lama and bunny girl looks nice!

Also the rocket girl and the drone guy are the ones that catch my attention but all the rest is not my taste...

And the diver has a turtle logo on her wetsuit! I'm always fond of such cute little details. :wub:

But I'm still wondering on which part she stands?! Is there a way to attach the DC stand with the stud down, to put the bar in the diver's flipper?

19 minutes ago, Aurore said:

And the diver has a turtle logo on her wetsuit! I'm always fond of such cute little details. :wub:

But I'm still wondering on which part she stands?! Is there a way to attach the DC stand with the stud down, to put the bar in the diver's flipper?

lego-minifiguren-sammelserie-rueckseite-20-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann zusammengebaut.com

The nunchuck is not made up of several parts. So unfortunately, we're not getting a really short bar element.

But it is a chain without studs at both ends.

@Robert8 Thank you so much! I had not noticed the stud of the DC stand was open and thus could be put on a bar. Which also means that the DC stands are chainable...Great! :sweet:

Edited by Aurore
typo

pirate girl: The pirate hair hat combo is also useful for men by the way. And although she is a bit plain, how great would she look on a pirate ship. 

Viking: i really like the Viking. That’s one of the best figures of the bunch if you ask me. 

Diver: that turtle is so good. So lego-ish in its design. Good job. Also fun to use as a backpack for a fifth custom Ninja Turtle :-D

llama: although it looks great, i don’t know if i want him. I think the giraffe was more awesome, but probably the llama will come in other colours (for eastern or whatever) and if that happens i regret not getting this one. 

Pea pod: yeah, it’s weird. I’ll get it because i once had a costume like this myself, but otherwise i would let it pass. The fun of these costumes is also becoming a bit old. And they better gave it round lime green studs as peas instead of that red apple. Weird torso too. 

knight: not my cup of tea, but i really like the raven on the shield. I can see people army build this one. 

hiphop girl: the cap hair combo is the star here. Not too bad, but also not a necessary fig for me. I hoped for a great 80s sweat suit (preferably in green)

Power ranger: oooooooh i want him/her. Very cool figure. 

pyjama girl: finally something new as a doll! Good choice. 

Rocket girl: great torso print as well as the  printed tile. 

drone boy: i expect we see that drone many many many times in upcoming city sets. 

sports lady: she’s okay

guy with keytar: a bit plain but i need him for Stranger Things. 

karate kid is also nice as well as the piñata boy.

Winner: Viking

Most totally rad: Dude with righteous mullet and keytar

Most surprisingly nice: Olympic Javelin thrower

Biggest missed opportunity: Knight that should be a Black Falcon not a Yellow Raven

Biggest missed opportunity runner up: Space cap that should have been Classic Space

The longer I look at the knight, the more I like him.  A new sword mold and a new color of heraldry that reminds me of this figurine I used to have as a kid:

410801.jpg.987b6db2904700e1d37b7b410eac8395.jpg

As another user mentioned, I will also probably end up replacing the helmet with the fixed-grille helmet in pearl dark gray and putting a cape on him. I think he might also look good with Dracus' shield from Knights Kingdom 2:

download.jpg.0471d5b9c40bb34ee009de7b67bff039.jpg

The viking looks pretty good as well, the new helmet is cool, and I was pleased to see his shield seems like a callback to the old Vikings line:
757092626_download(1).jpg.925354fa6f2e42a7096c53d5fd32d7e5.jpg

The female pirate is a little boring, the new tricorn/hair mold looks cool, but isn't anything earth-shattering for me.  Certainly not the most ambitious series as far as pushing new archetypes, but I'm pleased there are a couple figures I'm interested in, which is pretty much what I've come to expect as there are so many different niches Lego is trying to cater to with unlicensed CMF.

Edited by gza

Knight, Viking, and probably Pirate girl are insta-buys for me. I dislike how often they use the great helm for their knights though. I have too many of those now.

15 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

Knight, Viking, and probably Pirate girl are insta-buys for me. I dislike how often they use the great helm for their knights though. I have too many of those now.

Maybe they should have put that crow piece from the lone ranger on that helmet. 

Ok the viking seems to have beard separated from the helmet.
Which means I'm gonna buy at least 50 of that guy.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ok the viking seems to have beard separated from the helmet.
Which means I'm gonna buy at least 50 of that guy.

Image result for throwing money gif

Just now, Robert8 said:

Image result for throwing money gif

In Europe they cost 4€ which means I believe I can get them for 3€. 
That's 150€ for 50 of that guys. Considering that the Disney Train is 329€, it seems a rather deal for having 50 figs armed and sporting a cape.

I like what I see! the knight and viking are beautiful.

the pink pants guy is least interesting to me 

also only THREE ! figures do not have new molds ( athlete, brick guy and nasa girl )

I’ll definitely get them all and probably extra knights and Vikings 

Edited by 1Panda

As usual it is somewhat of a mixed bag.

• I really like the piñata boy, Viking & Knight
  • The bunny & turtle are super cute 
  • Space girl has some nice printed parts
  • Nunchucks, Keytar are cool
  • New combined hat & hair variants are always nice
  • Hopefully the llama and pea pod will grow on me, not super excited at the moment
  • Green brick, ranger, javelin thrower are the ones I'm least interested in.

Overall I wish there were a few more figures that really hit home with me. I'll probably get a box though.

I actually like the series.  Red ranger.... now how many years we have to wait to get a full team?  5 years minimum, I don't know if I have patience for that XD.   

I love the Viking, The Knight and the Pirate.

The Viking shield being printed is a big plus for me as I remember the old one's with the sticker that flakes away over the years.