Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

Just now, KristinnK said:

The helmet if it's a separate mold will be perfectly nice, but if it's a combined mold with the beard it will be much more limited as others have said. Unfortunately to me from this pictures it all looks like one mold, but we'll find out soon.

I definitely think these are 2 parts. The beard is exactly like the one we got for the king a while ago. I feel that if it was just one mould, they would have changed the beard pattern a little bit and not reuse the exact same design. 

But as you said. Time will tell

Just now, DarrellBricker said:

Yeah, some of these designs look very uninspired. The keytar player should have tried for a more 80s Glam rock or maybe Euro Pop feel. The lady swashbuckler is surprisingly plain, although the new hat and hair combo ought to be useful. The knight looks pretty generic. But I'm a sucker for new minifigs so I'll get them all. Even that ... brrrrr ... green brick suit guy to complete the set ... At least he has good hair. :D

I’ll get them all too. I am wondering if we will ever be satisfied with minifig series. We all want so many different things. At least we get variety in styles and era. Maybe lego needs to release more of those city people packs but in other themes. Like Castle people pack, pirate people pack, 80’s people pack, of release more of those lego education people packs. Still can’t wait to get my hands on these

Some questions/observations:

is Green Brick Guy’s hair new? Otherwise, waste of a spot IMO.

The keytar has a pin on the back that makes it look minidoll-friendly. 

Love that turtle with the diver! It looks like she has a piece that allows her to be displayed on the mini figure stand with her flippers on, which has always been an annoyance with me in the past...

The accessories that come with the animal and food suits this time around are uninspired. Why an apple with the Pea Pod Girl?

The drone makes clever usage of the hat propeller! What is the other thing that guy is holding??

Overall, my feeling for this series is about the same as Series 19, which was largely mediocre. The ideas are great, but the execution on most leaves me wanting more... Maybe that will change once I find them in stores.

Just now, telaruhn said:

The drone makes clever usage of the hat propeller! What is the other thing that guy is holding??

Looks like a curved printed tile for the control

2 minutes ago, telaruhn said:

Some questions/observations:

is Green Brick Guy’s hair new? Otherwise, waste of a spot IMO.

No. Its a recolor of Soldier 76's hair from Overwatch

21 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Hmm, Not seeing a lot of $5 figures there, LEGO.

Agree

They fact that they are charging $5 for these is a complete travesty. Almost half of them look like $3.5 max

The turtle and the knight are the stand outs for me :classic:
The Viking looks like a playmobil fig like someone said earlier and the pirate not enough like classic pirates..
I agree that is is rather plain looking series who should have had a lot more animals included like series 19 to make it more desirable. I will buy around 10 different figs without much enthusiasm and "army-buy" the turtle :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I actually didn't expect the "Red Ranger" to be nearly that "on-the-nose" with the Power Ranger look... :oh:

It's not uncommon for designs like that to be on the nose. Look up Prism Rangers from Disgaea or Featherman from Persona; parodies of Super Sentai/Power Rangers that heavily borrow from the designs.

That said, the design does remind me a bit of Chōjin Sentai Jetman and even Viewtiful Joe. I hope we get a full team in future waves.

As for the wave as a whole, it's similar to 19 for me - the figures that interest me - Knight, Viking, Pirate, Ranger, all the costumes, Diver and Karate Guy - look amazing, the figures that don't look quite boring and plain. As with 20 I'd have preferred fewer civilian/City figures (shame we didn't get a monster or mythical character like in 19) but on the other hand it means there are fewer for me to seek out.

The Lama is just awesome :wub: 

The girl with the bunny Is adorable. Love the hairpiece in that colour.

The viking is quite nice. I was hoping for chainmail. The helmet is a pretty mould. A bit more gold and a brown plastic instead of dark grey would look better but it's still nice. I am pretty sure it is a separate mould. ...OMG!  I just saw he has dual moulded arms :o These are perfect for Legolas!

The knight is ok. The old helmet is dissapointing. The sword looks like it has potential for Boromir. With a more accurate picture of the sword and the shield he gets better maybe.

The female pirate is terrible... looks like from before 2000. Maybe it would not be that bad if i did not know Roberts great design. I hope the hairpiece comes with white hair in a Minifigure building station.

All in all the series is not very impressing compared to older ones like Series 13.

Edited by Gorilla94

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Also, Rocket Girl's model rocket has a NASA logo printed onto it??? *huh* :wacko:

That’s what I was thinking! Definitely looks like the NASA ‘meatball’ logo to me, even without seeing it in focus yet. I’ll definitely have to grab her. 

Pretty cool that after very gradually inching toward parity over the past few years, there's finally a gender-balanced series. I think the piñata kid, hip-hop dancer, rocket scientist, and definitely the keytar player are my must-haves, and maybe the green brick, if only because I missed out on the blue and red ones from Series 18 and it looks like a new hairpiece that could be nice for updating Newt Scamander.

Just now, tafkatb said:

and it looks like a new hairpiece that could be nice for updating Newt Scamander.

Its a recolor of this one

Image result for lego soldier 76

Just now, Robert8 said:

Its a recolor of this one

Image result for lego soldier 76

The picture's not showing up for me; could you link to a listing or something? And even if it's not a new mold, having it in the right color is still a win.

Some interesting variants/prints/colors for sure but nothing really must-have for me.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

The picture's not showing up for me; could you link to a listing or something? And even if it's not a new mold, having it in the right color is still a win.

What about this one? Can you see it?

Image result for lego soldier 76lego-minifiguren-sammelserie-stein-20-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann zusammengebaut.com

Edited by Robert8

I think I’m in the minority but I actually really like this series, it’s better than series 19 at least. The keytar is my favorite but that’s because I’m a musician, and the rest of the figures I’m not disappointed in. The price is still a bummer but otherwise I’m pleased with this lineup.

I guess as somebody who doesn’t do castle, the Viking knight and pirate are acceptable to me. The city minifigure I welcome, and the rest I like except for the costumes. 

Just now, Robert8 said:

What about this one? Can you see it?

Yep, thanks! :thumbup: So its appearance here also shows this part isn't IP-locked, which bodes well.

Yeah, this box image is a lot better. The knight doesn't look too bad as does the pirate and viking. The viking helmet reall looks Rohan-esue.

And that's a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger right there.

While no actual collector, I'm going to get quite a few of those for various purposes. 

I'm especialy glad they went for a more historical design for the Viking. The color of the beard looks too cartoonish though, but that's not a real issue if the helmet and beard are separate molds.

2 minutes ago, KotZ said:

The viking helmet reall looks Rohan-esue.

Well, probably because the Rohan helmets looked Viking-esque! :wink:

Edited by Aurore

On 2/21/2020 at 12:13 AM, Mattah12 said:

The only figure that piques my interest so far is the Sentai, but of a soft spot for me and I always thought that would be a good licence for Lego to pursue.

Looks like pics of the pea-pod suit and hip hop girl have leaked also. I'm liking the new hat.hair piece, it immediately makes me think of Matt Riddle if anyone follows wrestling.

Bbbrrroooooo...

i also hold a soft spot for the Red Ranger fella. I was a huge fan of MMPR growing up, so anything close to that is a win. 

On 2/21/2020 at 8:10 AM, K_Tiger said:

I have to agree with the one comment on Instagram,  in that it looks like a run-of-the-mill Ninjago training figure.

No way, that is Daniel for sure. The hair & headband are a dead giveaway. 

Im pretty thrilled with this series, if more for the parts than the overall minifigs. While I don’t personally care for drones, it’s great seeing an actual sized one after those gigantic things plagued City recently. Love the new animals. Most of the prints are awesome. So glad to see Hermione’s hairpiece in a new color. 

2 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Why does it say 'Limited Edition'?

Because all CMF series are limited edition. They've had that on the packaging for a few years now.