Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

44 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The knight has a new sword

That’s exciting, we haven’t had a new sword piece since Lord of the Rings! 

Looks like that one and the Viking will be definite buys

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The knight has a new sword

That's unexpected... Sounds like a figure that could be worth the 4€ :wub:

Could you maybe show a picture with a similar sword like you did for the wikings helmet?:innocent2:

The vikings beard and helmet definitely looks like one mould to me. I was a bit confused by his face but it looks like there's a gold plate on the front with eye holes! That's very cool. 

The Pinata boy, Red Ranger and Llama outfit are surprisingly standouts for me - that Llama especially looks really good! 

The Guitarist, Green Brick and Rabbit girl are really boring designs tho. Also disappointed by the Lady Pirate as I thought she was going to be more colourful, she actually looks quite plain. 

I actually didn't expect the "Red Ranger" to be nearly that "on-the-nose" with the Power Ranger look... :oh:

On the other hand, the Pirate and Viking are plainer than I thought they'd be... :def_shrug:

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The vikings beard and helmet definitely looks like one mould to me. I was a bit confused by his face but it looks like there's a gold plate on the front with eye holes! That's very cool.

There is an alternative picture where you can clearly see that it is two pieces. The helmet fits over the old beard piece.

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

There is an alternative picture where you can clearly see that it is two pieces. The helmet fits over the old beard piece.

Just seen the closer up picture and I think you're right. Hopefully the helmet doesn't stick out too much with a beard underneath it, I'm definitely going to get multiples of that figure and try out different combinations

Sigh... Had high hopes for this one. None of these minifigs stand out to me. Most of them are just your plain old City type figs... C'mon, it LEGO Minifigures 10th anniversary! Maybe Series 21 will be more 'exicting', although judging by the last few, I highly doubt it...

4 hours ago, LegoLegoLego97 said:

The founder og the lego minifigures Jens Nygaard Knudsen just died yesterday. 

:(

I like most of them. They do feel a little ..simple... but we get a few new parts and a rabbit and proper turtle... I am probably the only one but I Really don’t like the power ranger thing. It’s very ugly. And with the luck I have I’ll get tons of duplicates. Just for reference I didn’t really like the monkey king and got tons of them. Same thing for the highway watever bandit. 
I will get a full series for sure and lots of duplicates for the minifig bin  

Overall happy with those even if I can’t help to feel a little disappointed and Meehhh for some reason. 

Pirate girl is a huge disappointment... sounded much more promising; the knight, viking, diver and Mexican boy are must buys for me

24 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also disappointed by the Lady Pirate as I thought she was going to be more colourful, she actually looks quite plain. 

Yeah, I was looking forward to the Lady Pirate, but that's a disappointing figure. : (

I also like that we will eventually get a proper sheep. It was just revealed in the friends cube with weird colors and friends like eyes but I have hope they will be used in other sets with minifig like printing. Maybe the new ideas set: blacksmith

On 10/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, AnyColourYouLike said:

I feel like they're not gonna do anything that special, and just release a series of 16 new characters, plus one 'extra' chase figure. 

Huh, I was close. 

Just now, Megbricks said:

I also like that we will eventually get a proper sheep. It was just revealed in the friends cube with weird colors and friends like eyes but I have hope they will be used in other sets with minifig like printing. Maybe the new ideas set: blacksmith

I think the picture of the Friends animal I saw was supposed to be a llama or is there also a sheep in one of the others?

The Viking is absolutely fantastic! Might be my all-time favorite CMF figure. His torso+legs are perfect early-medieval clothes. The spear with the metal tip is my absolute favorite weapon, which 90% of my martial minifigures use. The shield is fine, although I prefer the 3x3 technic disks from the Viking line (but those are cheap and plenty anyway). The helmet if it's a separate mold will be perfectly nice, but if it's a combined mold with the beard it will be much more limited as others have said. Unfortunately to me from this pictures it all looks like one mold, but we'll find out soon.

The pirate torso isn't interesting to me though, and neither is the knight. And that sword is just comically oversized.

But that Viking is really everything I wish for every time there is a new CMF series. I'll be buying at least 2-3.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

I think the picture of the Friends animal I saw was supposed to be a llama or is there also a sheep in one of the others?

I think we are talking about the same mould. It does look like a llama. I just felt the neck wasn’t long enough but you are probably right

Yeah, some of these designs look very uninspired. The keytar player should have tried for a more 80s Glam rock or maybe Euro Pop feel. The lady swashbuckler is surprisingly plain, although the new hat and hair combo ought to be useful. The knight looks pretty generic. But I'm a sucker for new minifigs so I'll get them all. Even that ... brrrrr ... green brick suit guy to complete the set ... At least he has good hair. :D