Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ok, so my game ends! :)
So you can see I was correct all along.
You can ask me questions if you want to.

Hey man, is the drone a new piece(s)?

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ok, so my game ends! :)
So you can see I was correct all along.
You can ask me questions if you want to.

Thanks.

A) The Knight - Is the Knight supposed to be a throw-back to a previous Castle line? Like the Series 19 Frightening Knight was to Fright Knights?

Does he have a new weapon element or a recolour of an exisiting element?

B) The Viking - Is the helm a new element? If yes, are you able to point to a historical image of what we can expect?

Thanks again!

P.S. - Which is the minifigure that you were really looking forward to buying 100s of?

Edited by leafan
Added postscript

1 hour ago, Rogue Angel said:

@Itaria No ShintakuShintaku is it the Viking or Knight that you are so interested in (top 20 minifig)?

The Viking. It has this helmet, the beard seems molded with it.

iZl6xf9m_400x400.jpg

33 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Hey man, is the drone a new piece(s)?

I can't tell the pic I have is cropped out.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

7 minutes ago, leafan said:

Thanks.

A) The Knight - Is the Knight supposed to be a throw-back to a previous Castle line? Like the Series 19 Frightening Knight was to Fright Knights?

Does he have a new weapon element or a recolour of an exisiting element?

B) The Viking - Is the helm a new element? If yes, are you able to point to a historical image of what we can expect?

Thanks again!

P.S. - Which is the minifigure that you were really looking forward to buying 100s of?

None that I know. It's a bright yellow and black with a falcon heraldry on the shield, but doesn't look like black falcon to me. Plain sword and shield. No recolours.
The viking is the one I'll buy a lot of. It sports spear, shield, cape... looks like the spartan returning in viking form.

IMHO the viking is in my top 20 minifigures of all time. But maybe in top 10 too. I should check.
The moulded beard with the helmet is a bad new because you have to keep every fig with the same beard colour. 
But you can use it for dwarves with no problems.
It's also getting three accessories (spear, shield, cape) so you guess it will be fastly in my list.

4 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The Viking. It has this helmet, the beard seems molded with it.

Is there an external link to this? It's not working for me. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

3) It's not - expectable

3) Spanish Inquisition confirmed!!

23 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Drone is new

Thanks Falconfan!

26 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I can't tell the pic I have is cropped out.

Is that a pic of the leaflet you have? I know you can’t share the image itself.

Oh, no :cry_sad: This has to be a cruel joke... the helmet without Beard is just the one Eowyn uses. I have custom Erebor and Iron Hills Dwarf helmets and need separate ones...

Helmet and beard molded together - noooooooooooo! Takes two great pieces and turns them into one extremely limited use piece. Curses!!!!  So the Knight heraldry is falcon, not raven,? I was looking forward to a raven.

But Itaria is looking at 1 pic and sharing his impression

The beard and helmet could be 2 different pieces. It's just that they happen to look like they are 1 piece all together.

Though I  have to say... with a helmet like that, the beard being a separate piece is unlikely

Thanks @Itaria No Shintaku again for all the info provided this time around :classic:

Sorry, I think it's more likely to be a Raven, on second look.
Nobody expected a spanish inquisitor, of course.
That was a nice joke.

I actually laughed.
Pea pod was unexpected, you have to agree with me on that.
Also the Llama suit girl.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Is that a pic of the leaflet you have? I know you can’t share the image itself.

Of course I can't share. I wouldn't be here playing games if I could, I would just paste the plain picture.

Yes. Finally we have the full list! I have to admit, most of these sound very interesting and nice to have! 

The only downside for me is though that we don't get anything "special", now I don't want to kill the mood but at the end there is other than the design nothing different compared to other series.

So my all time most favourite series is 10! Why? Because chasing mr.gold was so so much fun together with my brothers, seeing his eyes light up every time we opened a pack was amazing! Eventough we didn't get him, haha! And this is why kids are not hyped anymore to the cmf's in my opinion, there is nothing that stands out or is interesting to kids that don't really play lego all day...I hope you get my point, cheers!

I missed out on the guessing game, but I am strangely excited for the synthesizer player. I’m a fan of 80s keyboards and I’m guessing the fig is very colorful. 

I also can’t wait for the piñata boy, Viking, pirate, and marine biologist. 

Just now, LegoLegoLego97 said:

So my all time most favourite series is 10! Why? Because chasing mr.gold was so so much fun together with my brothers, seeing his eyes light up every time we opened a pack was amazing! Eventough we didn't get him, haha! And this is why kids are not hyped anymore to the cmf's in my opinion, there is nothing that stands out or is interesting to kids that don't really play lego all day...I hope you get my point, cheers!

Yeah I too miss the upended CMF boxes strewn all over TRU shelves whilst adult scalpers rummaged mercilessly feeling for Mr Gold’s top hat and staff. Random chance of finding that chase fig was negligible to nil. Good times. :hmpf:

Even if there is only one new animal, and even if there are not many historical figures, I'm rather satisfied with the listing for Series 20. :classic:

My wallet, however, is going to hate it : a priori, I intend to get :
- Piñata Boy
- Knight
- Pirate Lady (maybe more than one)
- Rocket Fan Girl
- Viking (probably more than one)
- Diver (definitely more than one, I want an army of turtles!!)
- Girl in Bunny Pajamas
- Drone Guy

Edited by Aurore

11 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Yeah I too miss the upended CMF boxes strewn all over TRU shelves whilst adult scalpers rummaged mercilessly feeling for Mr Gold’s top hat and staff. Random chance of finding that chase fig was negligible to nil. Good times. :hmpf:

Oh ok, well I did not experience such things but it says a lot about how hyped they were, I guess? 

Just kidding! 

Just now, LegoLegoLego97 said:

Oh ok, well I did not experience such things but it says a lot about how hyped they were, I guess? 

Just kidding! 

I think this was the experience for most people. The disorganization of the boxes and the association with scalpers was probably seen as a negative factor for Lego, and may be contribute to why there’s no mr. gold this series. 

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Or maybe a different version of Mr Gold. Like with party hat 

My idea was that this would be an apologize to completionists, who don't own the old version ?

Pea pod! I used to dress up as pea pod, or as donald duck on parties, so this will be great! 
i hope we’ll get to see the images very soon. With a bit of luck i want a few of these

So about this Rocket fan girl...

Any more details on her hat and torso? Is the Space logo on her hat Classic Space? What about the torso color and print?