Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

3 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Itaria, is the animal one we haven't seen before?

Also. Any music figures or new instruments?

1)Yes, we've seen this before, but that wasn't a "minifigure" animal, more a "minidoll" one.
2)I can't say no, so you figure it out.

Ok I'll reply to the various questions.
I don't know about chase figures or strange figures. There will be one special, but I don't know the box distribution.
Among the suited characters, yes one is an animal.
I've not said "only one historical minifigure".
There is something that can go along with scifi.
The gender swap is all oriented to females. This time around they are even (8 vs 8).
The animal is not a bird. But if that's no mammal it can be surely a reptile but also a fish or an insect... 

4 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

1)Yes, we've seen this before, but that wasn't a "minifigure" animal, more a "minidoll" one.

[...]

The animal is not a bird. But if that's no mammal it can be surely a reptile but also a fish or an insect... 

Ooh, given those clues and the ones in the Guessing Games topic, I really hope we'll get a non-cartoonish turtle! :sweet:

Where do you know this from? What is your source? There are no pictures revealed yet. 

I just can't believe that LEGO is just releasing another CMF series as if it was nothing special about it...

- no chase figute

- no special base plates

- no groundbreaking parts

- old arrangements of figures/ same patterns

Is lego just not listening to their fand? Or is what you said not 100% legit? Or do I expect too much?

Just now, LegoLegoLego97 said:

Where do you know this from? What is your source? There are no pictures revealed yet. 

I just can't believe that LEGO is just releasing another CMF series as if it was nothing special about it...

- no chase figute

- no special base plates

- no groundbreaking parts

- old arrangements of figures/ same patterns

Is lego just not listening to their fand? Or is what you said not 100% legit? Or do I expect too much?

You're a new member so it's legit to have doubts, but people do know me and you can always prove me wrong when minifigures will be public.
Every single thing I said will be proven true, so you will know that I was legit.

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

You're a new member so it's legit to have doubts, but people do know me and you can always prove me wrong when minifigures will be public.
Every single thing I said will be proven true, so you will know that I was legit.

Haha yes. I just visited your profile and realised this. Of course, thank you very much for your information! I'm kind of sad that there won't be a chase figure as this would "spice things up" and it would have been funny to see all these youtube unpackaging videos again...

26 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

2)I can't say no, so you figure it out.

Ok I'll reply to the various questions.
I don't know about chase figures or strange figures. There will be one special, but I don't know the box distribution.
Among the suited characters, yes one is an animal.
I've not said "only one historical minifigure".
There is something that can go along with scifi.
The gender swap is all oriented to females. This time around they are even (8 vs 8).

A minifigure version of the sea turtle from last year’s Friends sets is sounding more and more likely - in which case it might be the one fig in this series that’s a must have for me. 

The even distribution between male and female characters is nice to hear too. I think I can guess what at least one of those new gender swaps will be. 

I’m happy at the implication there will be more than one historical figure, those are usually some of my favorites (along with the fantasy ones but apparently no luck with those this time around). 

For those disappointed at the lack of centaur in series 20, there is still a chance that we’ll get one in Wizarding World Series 2. There are several instances of Lego using the mold budget in series 1 to make parts that they also needed for full sets after all, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they put a centaur in the CMF to keep down the budget on the $30 set that’s apparently going to have two. In any case, they should be pretty easy to get ahold of. 

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

For those disappointed at the lack of centaur in series 20, there is still a chance that we’ll get one in Wizarding World Series 2. There are several instances of Lego using the mold budget in series 1 to make parts that they also needed for full sets after all, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they put a centaur in the CMF to keep down the budget on the $30 set that’s apparently going to have two. In any case, they should be pretty easy to get ahold of. 

It also doesn't rule out a recolor of the centaur piece in S.21 or beyond.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

It also doesn't rule out a recolor of the centaur piece in S.21 or beyond.

Right. Because I'm afraid of what they can do with those flesh nougat minifiures.

4 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Right. Because I'm afraid of what they can do with those flesh nougat minifiures.

Actually, in the Harry Potter movies the centaurs are solid colors - no skin/fur dichotomy on the human/horse halves like you see in classical centaurs. Should make for some interesting torsos, but it also means there likely won’t be any printing on the legs to discourage anyone who wants to from throwing together their own yellow skinned version. 

We have to understand that City is what bring them money. Thats it. I dont like it but I already made my peace with it. 

Thats why there is no Castle and Pirate lines. And thats why there are only a few non-city characters

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

Thanks for the information :sceptic: one historical fig and one animal is really dissapointing. Will the costumes be at least animal suits or something like the pencil and melon suits in TLM2?

If there are 3 costumes then I'd say 1 animal, 1 object and 1 food. Just like S16, S17, TLM2 and S19

Edited by Robert8

34 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

We have to understand that City is what bring them money. Thats it. I dont like it but I already made my peace with it. 

Thats why there is no Castle and Pirate lines. And thats why there are only a few non-city characters

While what you're saying is true, given the fact that City figure packs are a thing means they COULD be a bit more out-of-the-box in their subject selection when it comes to CMFs.

Love that piñata, and the neutral colored sombrero. Wonder what the poncho will look like?

Thanks for all the info so far! Happy to hear that we're getting even gender ratios, and sad to hear that we're not getting many animals. Series 19 was rather average for me, so Series 20 is sounding to be more of the same... I hope we get to see official pictures soon!

11 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

One... for sure. It's gorgeous. Really, it's my hoard type. I want 100 of that guy. Or so.

...so like the Goblin?? Or better?? Am I remembering correctly that you got over 50 of those?

I dont like to talk about money but with these the price will be a discussion point for sure. It has to be. These are the most expensive regular CMFs ever.

I expect nothing but stellar figures with at least 1 new mold each. 

Edited by Robert8

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Je pourrais dire que j'aime quand les désirs d'une femme se réalisent

Oh snap! Turtle practically confirmed!

6 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Oh snap! Turtle practically confirmed!

How does that confirm the turtle??;) my first language is French and this just says:

I could say that I love when a women’s desires come true. 

(the phrase doesn’t really make sense in French or translated in English) ;)

maybe if : je pourrais dire que j’aime... becomes: je pourrai dire que j’aime...  

but believe me no tortue (turtle) in there:)

Just now, Megbricks said:

How does that confirm the turtle??;) my first language is French and this just says:

I could say that I love when a women’s desires come true. 

The poster he's replying to mentioned that they really hope, or wish, that we finally get a semi-realistic turtle. It's a roundabout hint, I'll grant you that, but it's a very strong one.

It's certainly not a denial, and given the spice of the hint (French), I'd say my analysis is likely.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

The poster he's replying to mentioned that they really hope, or wish, that we finally get a semi-realistic turtle. It's a roundabout hint, I'll grant you that, but it's a very strong one.

It's certainly not a denial, and given the spice of the hint (French), I'd say my analysis is likely.

Hahah so funny I’ve been arguing for 10 minutes at home about how this sentence doesn’t make sense in French and now I don’t understand what you mean by : the spice of the hint (French). Ahaha sorry I am just confused. :) I don’t see how French can spice up the fact that it can be a turtle. Haha sorry maybe it’s late. :)

That beeing said I wish it is turtle:)

12 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

One... for sure. It's gorgeous. Really, it's my hoard type. I want 100 of that guy. Or so.
One maybe. It's just a rehash. You get one more historical minifig and that's good. You get no new molds and that's bad.
No mammals.

Over in the guessing thread both people who had three correct picks guessed Terracotta Warrior, so I'm going to guess that's the figure you're talking about. Thanks for the hints, looking forward to the reveal!

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I dont like to talk about money but with these the price will be a discussion point for sure. It has to be. These are the most expensive regular CMFs ever.

I expect nothing but stellar figures with at least 1 new mold each. 

They are not worth $5 at all, if people thought dc wasn’t worth $5, they will be very upset that this series is $5

2 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Hahah so funny I’ve been arguing for 10 minutes at home about how this sentence doesn’t make sense in French and now I don’t understand what you mean by : the spice of the hint (French). Ahaha sorry I am just confused. :) I don’t see how French can spice up the fact that it can be a turtle. Haha sorry maybe it’s late. :)

That beeing said I wish it is turtle:)

Sorry, lol. I just mean that he wrote the hint in French, which added flair. So to recap: the poster (a Lady btw) said how they hope for a turtle, Itaria said "I could say that I love when a woman's wish comes true", to which I surmised a turtle's confirmation.

Sorry for the confusion. :classic:

15 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

So to recap: the poster (a Lady btw) said how they hope for a turtle, Itaria said "I could say that I love when a woman's wish comes true", to which I surmised a turtle's confirmation.

Indeed! The use of French makes also more sense as I'm the lady he answered to, and I indicated on my profile that I'm from France. :blush:
So yay, turtle!! Thank you @Itaria No Shintaku!

2 hours ago, gza said:

Over in the guessing thread both people who had three correct picks guessed Terracotta Warrior, so I'm going to guess that's the figure you're talking about. Thanks for the hints, looking forward to the reveal!

Unfortunately, the Terracotta Warrior was also listed by someone who had no correct pick...

4 hours ago, telaruhn said:

Love that piñata, and the neutral colored sombrero. Wonder what the poncho will look like?

Thanks for all the info so far! Happy to hear that we're getting even gender ratios, and sad to hear that we're not getting many animals. Series 19 was rather average for me, so Series 20 is sounding to be more of the same... I hope we get to see official pictures soon!

...so like the Goblin?? Or better?? Am I remembering correctly that you got over 50 of those?

I have around 100 goblins. I think this minifigure rivals with the spartan and the hun, but I'll always love the goblin more.

Thank you for all the info @Itaria No Shintaku :sweet:

I do not mind that the series is city based as long as we get the number of animals we did in series 19, this sounds like series 19 without the animals :sceptic:
On the upside we get a turtle and 8 females, so I will wait for the pictures before passing judgment :wink: