Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

Just now, Canada Eh said:

considering May is in the first half of 2020, can we expect to see the set officially revealed at NYC toy fair next week??

Yes. I'd say

Series 17 was revealed there

(Not sure about Series 18)

36 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. I'd say

Series 17 was revealed there

(Not sure about Series 18)

actually you are right, looks like 18 was revealed there too... looking forward to next weekend then!

2 hours ago, Canada Eh said:

actually you are right, looks like 18 was revealed there too... looking forward to next weekend then!

Huh, I was about to say that they didn't, but I guess I've misremembered... :innocent:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 18 Officially Revealed

We got our first look at the Series 18 LEGO Collectible Minifigures at the 2018 New York Toy Fair just a short while ago but LEGO has officially revealed the minifigures on social media.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Only 4 days then if we are lucky, hope for a lot of animals :excited:

You will be disappointed, sorry. There is just one.

This series will be very close in appeal and meaning to series 19.

It will host minifigures that you will say "Hey, what, couldn't this figure just belong to a normal city set?" like it was in Series 19 for a lot of figures.

It will have its costumed guys (three) one of which couldn't be figured and one of which can be useful but jeez... a rehash?

It will have again a fair proportion within female and male characters, sport figures, historical figures, and the usual "gender swap version of previously released figures" (four of them will fall in this category).

To me, one character fits my top 20 CMFs of all time easily, the rest are ranked from quite nice but not irresistible ones to a total waste of one minifigure slot.

No centaurs. Just to be clear, because the HP centaurs may lead people into thinking they can arrive in CMFs too. Maybe another time.

The only thing that was reverting from the recent trend is that there aren't all these combo minifig/animal as it happened recently.
Sadly enough.

The series overall is underwhelming to me.

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The only thing that was reverting from the recent trend is that there aren't all these combo minifig/animal as it happened recently.
Sadly enough.

Only one :cry_sad:
I will save a lot of money then :def_shrug:

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Only one :cry_sad:
I will save a lot of money then :def_shrug:

Oh, yes you probably will. I will hoard one figures and take some extas from 3 of the remaining.
The rest, to me is useless.
No garbage, some of the figures are actually good. EDIT. Some. Some aren't good at all imho.
The only one with an extra animal is a rehash of a previous used, with gender swap.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

41 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

It will host minifigures that you will say "Hey, what, couldn't this figure just belong to a normal city set?" like it was in Series 19 for a lot of figures.

It will have its costumed guys (three) one of which couldn't be figured and one of which can be useful but jeez... a rehash?

It will have again a fair proportion within female and male characters, sport figures, historical figures, and the usual "gender swap version of previously released figures" (four of them will fall in this category).

To me, one character fits my top 20 CMFs of all time easily, the rest are ranked from quite nice but not irresistible ones to a total waste of one minifigure slot.

No centaurs. Just to be clear, because the HP centaurs may lead people into thinking they can arrive in CMFs too. Maybe another time.

Sadly enough.

So there's nothing special about this series after all? Is it just a regular series? 

Kind of disappointing...

46 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

May I ask... will Castle fans be happy at this Historical minifigure, do you think?

51 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Why? Why can't even the Collectable Minifigure theme get over giving modernistic "City" archetypes such prevalence given the potential it has? :sadnew:

13 minutes ago, leafan said:

May I ask... will Castle fans be happy at this Historical minifigure, do you think?

seconded!
I'm just stoked there will be historical fig(s) at all.
Hopefully the animal is a Corgi..! Or a Goat!

18 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

seconded!
I'm just stoked there will be historical fig(s) at all.
Hopefully the animal is a Corgi..! Or a Goat!

One... for sure. It's gorgeous. Really, it's my hoard type. I want 100 of that guy. Or so.
One maybe. It's just a rehash. You get one more historical minifig and that's good. You get no new molds and that's bad.
No mammals.

To me this series would have been better if it wasn’t series 20. It’s fine as it is, there are a few good figures like one that reminds me of a Scooby doo villain but there are a lot of the same stuff we have seen before 

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Sadly enough.

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us. I know you've said about centaurs but are there any mythological/supernatural figures? Such as the recent Ghost Knight, Monkey King, Ice Queen or Faun? 

36 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Image result for ralph wiggum gif heart

Yes, I felt this way.

27 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us. I know you've said about centaurs but are there any mythological/supernatural figures? Such as the recent Ghost Knight, Monkey King, Ice Queen or Faun? 

No, there aren't any.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

One... for sure. It's gorgeous.

Awesome! 
I army build so even the rehashes will be useful to me. A lot of the older historical figs came out while I was in my Ex-Wife enforced dark age.

2 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

Awesome! 
I army build so even the rehashes will be useful to me. A lot of the older historical figs came out while I was in my Ex-Wife enforced dark age.

Oh then you will like at least a couple of figures if not three.

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No, there aren't any.

Drat that's really disappointing! It looks like this series will only be interesting to me for the historical figures and new animal. 

Only one animal is a disappointment. As a City fan, the CMFs are a perfect way to introduce new parts that aren't readily available in regular sets. I echo the frustration of others when the figures are those that are likely to appear in normal City sets.

Itaria, is the animal one we haven't seen before?

Also. Any music figures or new instruments?

Itaria

Is there a special gimmick this time around? 

Like the S17 Highwayman or the S18 Policeman? 

Edited by Robert8

When you say "gender-swapped", I know many in the past were female variants, any in the opposite direction this time? (A male archaeologist?)

And is the historical figure a knight? Or something more modern?

Are there any Sci-Fi figures? Alien/Astronaut/Robot

Last question, is the animal a bird or a reptile?

Thanks for the information :sceptic: one historical fig and one animal is really dissapointing. Will the costumes be at least animal suits or something like the pencil and melon suits in TLM2?