Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

7 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Well, that just pretty much proves that Harkonen lied to everyone on those 'Rumors and discussions' threads... Man, why do people do that?

It’s more like the final nail in his credibility’s coffin since virtually everything else he’d said has turned out to be false :laugh: 

In this case, I really don’t mind. Chase figures are the devil

18 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Well, that just pretty much proves that Harkonen lied to everyone on those 'Rumors and discussions' threads... Man, why do people do that?

Pretty much everything he said was a lie. I was surprised people believed him so quickly. At the end of the day, if you are a die hard for regular cmf series, you will be fine with this series, but the non die hard fans might not be 

19 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

At the end of the day, if you are a die hard for regular cmf series, you will be fine with this series, but the non die hard fans might not be 

In what way would "non-die hard fans" not be satisfied? :shrug_confused:

Didn’t the German ad say : you will be surprised? There’s got to be something or maybe we will be surprised to learn that there is nothing special about the series :)

Perhaps they will re release all the most popular/rare figures from the past series's of minifigures as a set. 

Hopefully it will be a streetfighter 2 themed series. That's what i would like, imagine how cool those would be :blush:

40 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

Didn’t the German ad say : you will be surprised? There’s got to be something or maybe we will be surprised to learn that there is nothing special about the series :)

They say that with every series.

56 minutes ago, Bigdwazda said:

Hopefully it will be a streetfighter 2 themed series. That's what i would like, imagine how cool those would be :blush:

Well, it just wouldn't be Series 20 then if it were based upon any kind of IP.

This has probably been discussed before, but I would love LEGO to come back to the original Minifigures packaging for series 20 (and keep it onward), as a some kind of a throwback. After all, the're releasing it in May, just when Series 1 was released...  

But that's not happening, since that Piñata Boy was packed in a foil pack, meaning they're still doing the Unikitty Series style bags... Oh well. 

Also, I'm hoping for the blind bags to be yellow, like the Series 1 ones. Just to add a little 'nostalgia' :) 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

4 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I think they’ll be gold or silver 

I agree, I do think it will be some sort of award-type metal color, other possiblities could be bronze or platinum.

4 hours ago, 1Panda said:

So I looked up the ‘traditional’ anniversary materials and the 10th anniversary is tin/aluminum while the 20th is platinum. Given that both of those translate roughly into silver when it comes to a foil bag type medium that seems a good bet. (Plus I doubt Lego really wants to remind everyone of Mr. Gold with their color choice in this particular case) 

12 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Although, if they go this route would it indicate that there would be a chase minifigure like with Series 10? 

I certainly hope not, since I am a fan of the packaging being a special colour since it is the 10th celebration of the CMF theme. Kind of like how Series 18 was orange, while celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Lego minifigure we see today.

Edited by GoombaKarate

13 hours ago, GoombaKarate said:

Although, if they go this route would it indicate that there would be a chase minifigure like with Series 10? 

I certainly hope not, since I am a fan of the packaging being a special colour since it is the 10th celebration of the CMF theme. Kind of like how Series 18 was orange, while celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Lego minifigure we see today.

No it won’t indicate a chase minfigure.

I just hope this series will bring back the tradition of the WhiteFang review here on Eurobricks :look:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I just hope this series will bring back the tradition of the WhiteFang review here on Eurobricks :look:

I agree, they were always a joy to read through and I learned quite a bit about the minifigures before even buying them. 

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Here here!! So many times those reviews swayed me one way or the other on obtaining CMF's by pointing out details I had missed, and how great the demand for certain figs was likely to be/which ones to grab first.
It's not a proper series without a WF review.

I also wonder if the baseplates will have a special print like the Batman ones. 

Maybe a special "10 anniversary" logo or something

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I also wonder if the baseplates will have a special print like the Batman ones. 

Maybe a special "10 anniversary" logo or something

I think it’s a safe bet, or at the very a different color like in Series 18 costume party. 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, Robert8 said:
On 2/10/2020 at 11:43 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Encyclopedia?

Yes. We got one with the 10th series with an exclusive Toy Soldier.

Now that we are getting the 20th series maybe we could get another one? 

Having saw this on @StoneWarsDE, I almost wonder if we aren't given that this will be releasing in September... :def_shrug:

StoneWars.de - New LEGO Minifigures Manual will be Released in September

Minifigure collectors can look forward to new reading material: According to Amazon , a new LEGO minifigure handbook will also be released in Germany in September 2020 . You can already see a cover for the new book.

The work of DK Verlag is currently only listed as a paperback and in the English language edition and should be published on September 3rd, 2020 . The book can now be pre-ordered and currently costs 12.05 euros, whereby the pre-order price guarantee always applies at Amazon. It is still unclear whether and when the book will also be published in German.

According to the cover, the book contains over 300 minifigures. So it is by no means a complete reference work, but with its 208 pages it is more of a nice book for beginners with information about individual figures. The book should contain a rarity rating and compile exciting and funny facts about individual characters.

lego-minifigure-handbook-scaled.jpg

Yes you are right. In september this year, we will see another minifigure series. But it will be the harry potter pt. 2!

From what I know, the special 20th anniversary series will be released in may/april.

considering May is in the first half of 2020, can we expect to see the set officially revealed at NYC toy fair next week??