Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Have we got a guessing game thread for series 20 yet?

Why no, we haven't! :oh3: Perhaps @Itaria No Shintaku might wait until we have some better idea of whether or not Series 20 is themed? :shrug_confused:

Well, I have seen the leaked figure but I don't get it. Why is the figure in a extra plastig bag like mr gold was? 

Is that pinata boy the rare minifig? Maybe it is just a random minifigure...? Just my thought about it. 

However, I hope LEGO is going to produce a special and rare minifigure!!!

7 hours ago, LegoLegoLego97 said:

Well, I have seen the leaked figure but I don't get it. Why is the figure in a extra plastig bag like mr gold was? 

Is that pinata boy the rare minifig? Maybe it is just a random minifigure...? Just my thought about it. 

However, I hope LEGO is going to produce a special and rare minifigure!!!

I'm pretty sure collectible minifigures with fabric accessories have their pieces in a plastic bag to prevent them from possibly damaging the fabric, and the pinata boy has a poncho. I still think it would be smarter to put the fabric pieces in the plastic bag instead, then there would be less of a chance of cutting them when opening the pack with scissors or a knife.

Given the landmark occasion Series 20 will be falling upon with the theme's tenth anniversary, I wonder if any of the line's designers will be attending LEGO Fan Media Days this year like they did back in 2018 to discuss Series 18. For that matter, will anyone from Eurobricks be attending this year's event? :shrug_confused:

26 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given the landmark occasion Series 20 will be falling upon with the theme's tenth anniversary, I wonder if any of the line's designers will be attending LEGO Fan Media Days this year like they did back in 2018 to discuss Series 18. For that matter, will anyone from Eurobricks be attending this year's event? :shrug_confused:

The problem with the Fan media days are that very few of the interviews gets published at least a short time after it happens. It is kind of frustrating to wait the interviews to get published :wacko:

45 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The problem with the Fan media days are that very few of the interviews gets published at least a short time after it happens. It is kind of frustrating to wait the interviews to get published :wacko:

Sure, but many times I've found them to be well worth the wait, as they've offered some valuable insight into the development of various themes beyond just what's in store for the following year. :classic:

Could the pinata boy's torso be blank because it comes with stickers?  Probably not, but being able to customize the figures would certainly be one way to mark the 10th anniversary/20th series.

9 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Game upped, the minifigures are not themed so you can play.

Well... do tell

So it's just a regular normal series?

Do you know if there will be an encyclopedia this time around?

Just now, Robert8 said:

Well... do tell

So it's just a regular normal series?

Do you know if there will be an encyclopedia this time around?

Encyclopedia?

1 minute ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Encyclopedia?

Yes. We got one with the 10th series with an exclusive Toy Soldier.

Now that we are getting the 20th series maybe we could get another one? 

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. We got one with the 10th series with an exclusive Toy Soldier.

Now that we are getting the 20th series maybe we could get another one? 

Really don't know.

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Game upped, the minifigures are not themed so you can play.

So, should we expect something like Series 10, an otherwise normal Series with a Mr. Gold-like commemorative chase figure? :shrug_confused:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, should we expect something like Series 10, an otherwise normal Series with a Mr. Gold-like commemorative chase figure? :shrug_confused:

There is no Mr gold like figure 

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

How do you know this? Or what does indicate that there won't be anything special about this series in terms of rareness? 

I used to love these minifigure series, however, the cost of them now is way too high. In the UK they are £3.50 per figure which is crazy. As a blind bag that is way too expensive.

I find the designs to have taken a turn for the worse, there are perhaps 2 or 3 in each series that stand out, i normally feel these out and have done with it. 

In terms of rarity, these figures are worth nothing. At least from series 14 or 15 on wards. Like many i purchased them hoping they would be of some retail value in the future. To this point most are worth less than the purchase price. Bad times indeed. 

Edited by Bigdwazda

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Huh, so according to both you and Itaria, Series 20 is made-up of only sixteen figures with no particular theming and an equal distribution? :wacko:

Nothing at all to distinguish it from an otherwise typical Series for the theme's tenth anniversary??? :def_shrug:

For about 7 or 8 series there has only been one rare figure and that as that sailor.  As a figure it was pretty lame. 

58 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nothing at all to distinguish it from an otherwise typical Series for the theme's tenth anniversary??? :def_shrug:

There not being a chase minifig is reason enough to celebrate :laugh: :excited:

30 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There not being a chase minifig is reason enough to celebrate :laugh: :excited:

OK, sure; but personally I don't care whether or not there's a chase figure given how lame or pointless they've typically been, as they've not really been anything that'd otherwise would've been on anyone's wishlist. But given what we've been told about this Series so far, all that it's got me wondering is how it'll honor the theme's tenth anniversary without any kinda chase figure or overall theming.

Maybe the Series will be made up of archetypes that've been long-awaited by a large majority of fans? :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Maybe the Series will be made up of archetypes that've been long-awaited by a large majority of fans? :shrug_confused:

That could potentially be a theme, it could be a series with minifigures that have long been asked for, like a centaur.

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well, that just pretty much proves that Harkonen lied to everyone on those 'Rumors and discussions' threads... Man, why do people do that?