Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

12 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

It will be very rare like Mr. Gold. 

*mic drop*

40 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

It will be very rare like Mr. Gold. 

That’s really disappointing except for scalpers.  Oh well, one more figure I won’t have.

I am starting to believe the guys at Lego making such decisions are running in circles all night long just thinking about how to make people stop collecting...

Do you @Harkonen happen to know by any chance how many CMF this Series will be comprised of? If there's a Mr. Gold-like "chase figure" so to speak, I'd presume there's at least seventeen? :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, Grover said:

That’s really disappointing except for scalpers.  Oh well, one more figure I won’t have.

As long as it's just another gimmicky figure like Mr. Gold rather than a desirable, actually-useful archetype, I'll be good over here.

Heh, just came across this hypothetical CMF Draft on YouTube speculating on Series 20. The artwork ain't half bad... :shrug_oh_well:

Thanks for the info. This is incredibly disappointing. There is a great appeal to completing a series (they even prompt you to do so in the advertising), and this makes that close to impossible for most. I thought Lego had started to realize what a bad taste artificial scarcity creates in its customers.

11 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

I’d be down if the re-made figures were new archetypes rather than being direct copies upgraded. 

The approach I'd want to see in remaking/redesigning any of the CMF from Series 1 would follow something along the line of this proposal I made a little while ago...

On 7/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Though it'd greatly upset completionists, the Ms. Gold approach is best for those hoping for further yet-untouched archetypes. However, I don't think a Series 1 redux would be the end of the world if done right. For instance...

• Tribal Hunter >>> [Just different type of Indian, more specific to a more particular Native American tribe]
  • Cheerleader >>> [Simple, a Male Cheerleader, much like @Robert8's design]
  • Caveman >>> [How about a "Cave-Kid" similar to The Flintstones' Pebbles & Bam-Bam?]
  • Circus Clown >>> [Hey, how 'bout a gender-swap?]
  • Zombie >>> [Again, just gender-swap this one, much akin to Robert8's take on such]
  • Skater >>> [Make this one a kid this time, perhaps with the newer medium legs]
  • Robot >>> [Hey, if Series 1's take took after Robby the Robot, why not be a little more on-the-nose this time?]
  • Demolition Dummy >>> [Um, maybe make him Flame Yellowish Orange rather than just Bright Yellow? I don't know...]
  • Magician >>> [Either a simple gender-swap, or something more particular within that vein]
  • Super Wrestler >>> [Hey, another gender-swap, why not?]
  • Nurse >>> [Either just a gender-swap, or a different kind of healthcare worker]
  • Ninja >>> [As Series 13's Samurai was to Series 3's Samurai Warrior, so could this CMS be to Series 1's Ninja]
  • Spaceman >>> [Simple, give us a bubble-helmeted spaceman from the '50s!]
  • Forestman >>> [Honestly, I'd just like a richer-colored redux of this exact archetype that isn't Series 16's Rouge]
  • Deep Sea Diver >>> [How 'bout a Snorkeler this time rather than a Scuba Diver?]
  • Cowboy >>> [How 'bout a modern ranch hand this time, perhaps wearing a Duster?]

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Thanks for the info. This is incredibly disappointing. There is a great appeal to completing a series (they even prompt you to do so in the advertising), and this makes that close to impossible for most. I thought Lego had started to realize what a bad taste artificial scarcity creates in its customers.

Agree 100%. Hoping that the scarcity rumor is incorrect, it will really ruin the series for many people. 1/60 rares like the Policeman and Graves were just fine - not too hard to find but rare enough to be cool. Anything rarer than that is a no-go. 

So I read a rumor that one of summer's upcoming Harry Potter sets (75967 Forbidden Forest) is supposed to be giving us our first-ever Lego Centaur figure (if you aren't counting that one from Trolls World Tour). Could we perhaps see one come to Series 20 in conjunction? :shrug_oh_well:

P.S. It's quite ironic that this rumor should come about the same day @Robert8 debuts his own rendition of a Centaur CMF. :innocent:

49475023602_b183ac529a.jpg

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. It's quite ironic that this rumor should come about the same day @Robert8 debuts his own rendition of a Centaur CMF. :innocent:

I know right? What a coincidence....

Would be nice to get one. I'd probably buy one. Lego missed the point where i would have gotten an Army of them. I am happy with my Brickforge centaurs now.

I love Robert's hairpiece design :D That would be a great piece for Fantasy Mocs.

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I came now on this forum to tell the very same thing: centaurs are finally happening!

In Series 20?? *oh2*

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I came now on this forum to tell the very same thing: centaurs are finally happening!

Thank you for sharing this very good news!

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

No. In harry potter. But who knows!

I bet there'll for sure be one, as a Centaur was the first thing everyone thought of when larger blind bags became the new precedent for the Collectable Minifigure theme. 

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

If they do, it will be a return of army building for me, which was abandoned with the Rogue from Series 16

They'll be $5 a pop this time though, yet I can see how that price hike can now make the Series more accommodatable for such.

4 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

That young man had some nice ideas with his draft series!

Surprisingly so, especially given both of the collaborators' ages from the looks of it! :classic:

About the Mister Gold alike minifigurine, the rare one, I would say a wooden minifigurine, mini version of the big one from Originals theme.

The centaur of Robert8 is absolutly fanstastic, thank you Robert8 for these incredible ideas ans visuals !