Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

In Italy (and Europe I think) both the DC Comics Series and the Anniversary Series (20) will cost €4 and not €5.

That makes $4,50 which will, for the first time, make the european market cheaper than the american on anything.
Frankly, as an european I always felt it to be a lot unfair that if something costed $99 you would have paid €99 for it, which is actually 109$ or the like.

I still don't know for WW2 series (which isn't a good acronym lol)

Is this series officially called the "Anniversary" Series? 

23 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

In Italy (and Europe I think) both the DC Comics Series and the Anniversary Series (20) will cost €4 and not €5.

That makes $4,50 which will, for the first time, make the european market cheaper than the american on anything.
Frankly, as an european I always felt it to be a lot unfair that if something costed $99 you would have paid €99 for it, which is actually 109$ or the like.

Thanks for the info :sweet:
I am sure WW2 will not increase the price either, It seems to me that WW usually have a very good value in sets. So I guess that means that they do not demand the same as the greedy Disney company in licensing fees :devil:

26 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

You may expect that, but I'd wait until confirmation.
This is what my retailer told me.

Good grief.... :sick:

This reeks of a themed series....

Edited by Robert8

Prices are getting pretty darn steep for a single minifigure, no matter the amount of new molds in each one...

I mean, we'll be getting polybag sets consisting of both a figure AND bricks cheaper.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:
  • Good grief.... :sick:
  • This reeks of a themed series....
  •  

Difficult to guess what they do:

1. I Mr gold scenario with 1 rare fig in addition to a normal series (fine by me, but bad for those who collect them all)
  2. A series 14 or 18 scenario (not my favorite, but depends off course on the theme, could in some rare cases be winner also)
  3. New modern variations of old classic figs e.g. Jonny thunder in series 19 (not a bad idea, but if it was going to happen, those figs in series 19 would probably be saved to series 20)
  4. Best of CMF, e.g. 19 old cmf in a new series (sounds terrible and brings nothing new to the table)
  5. Best of CMF new editions (as long as they are different enough and brings something new to the table it is OK I guess)

When it comes to the DC series, I think it has license specific costs that warrant the increase. Read my post in the Future Series thread. I doubt it will affect other series.

On the actual subject of this thread, it looks like we can legitimately call the upcoming series Anniversary.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Remember European prices include taxes, whereas US ones do not as they vary so much. A $100 price tag can end up costing $110 in some states. To make a fair comparison, you should really compare the ex-VAT price in European countries. So for UK, we'd divide the current £3 cost price for a CMF by 1.20 (VAT is 20%), to get £2.50 for the ex-VAT price, plus £0.50 in tax. The £2.50 GBP is currently about $3.12 USD, so we are getting a better deal than Americans paying $4 plus tax on their CMF.

In fact, currently, we are paying less after our taxes (£3=$3.75) than Americans are paying before their taxes ($4).

Of course, Europeans are paying 4 Euro after taxes, so about $4.40 USD. And Americans are also paying a similar amount after taxes.

So buy in the UK!

Now, I have a shop owner and a well known leaker giving me info.
I cannot share anything the leaker has told me uniquely because I have a deep agreement and I don't want to break his trust.
On the other hand what the shop owner (the one who provided me the catalog) told me, can be also told.

This is all I can say about Series 20, the rest you have to figure out yourselves.

Very low to none probability it will be an all-star series.
Some probability we will have a chase figure.
No list has been leaked yet in any place I can figure out. If there is a list somewhere, it's still unheard for me (and most of the leakers I know).
Neither a single picture can be found yet.
(In comparison, every single CMF from DC can have pictures if you wander the net)
There is no box image in the catalog while the one for DC series is there and is black with placeholders.

Side non-itaria-leaking note: there are Centaurs in Harry Potter. I have seen the movies. If TLG wastes this one chance to make centaurs either, I will knock at their door.

I agree they should just do the centaur piece already, but would mention that the centaurs in the the Harry Potter films were largely relegated to their absconding with Dolores Umbridge. They excised Firenze in toto, which is where the easiest/most logical justification for the piece could be made.

I suspect that it's too early for image leaks, though I imagine the design process is well underway, and that control art exists. An All Star series could be alright, but I agree it's better having new ideas, so hearing that the All Star concept is largely off the table is nice.. I think we're all expecting the chase concept to be done again.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

In fact, currently, we are paying less after our taxes (£3=$3.75) than Americans are paying before their taxes ($4).

This is true. Most places charge between $3.97 (Wal-Mart) and $3.99 (Pretty much everywhere else). Then they add the sales tax, which as you mentioned, varies by state. My state also has an optional (though seldom unlevied) city/municipal tax.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Remember European prices include taxes, whereas US ones do not as they vary so much. A $100 price tag can end up costing $110 in some states. To make a fair comparison, you should really compare the ex-VAT price in European countries. So for UK, we'd divide the current £3 cost price for a CMF by 1.20 (VAT is 20%), to get £2.50 for the ex-VAT price, plus £0.50 in tax. The £2.50 GBP is currently about $3.12 USD, so we are getting a better deal than Americans paying $4 plus tax on their CMF.

Of course, Europeans are paying 4 Euro after taxes, so about $4.40 USD. And Americans are also paying a similar amount after taxes.

So buy in the UK!

The tax issue is certainly true in some places, some places not. For those not familiar with them, US sales taxes are imposed by states, counties, and even cities to cover costs of a number of things that are administered by the municipality. They can even vary from year to year because of ballot measures for limited term tax increases for things that pass locally. Where I live sales tax this year went from 6.5% to 7% because of two .25% ballot measures I voted for in 2018. I don't do much traveling, but when I did I'd seen some appreciably higher sales taxes. One was as high as 12%. That is why the US version of the Lego Shop@Home has a zip code line on the shopping cart page to determine the taxes. Try it sometime, find the zip codes for a number of areas and compare the tax calculations for the same item.

Thank you, @Itaria No Shintaku, for sharing what you can.

15 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:Side non-itaria-leaking note: there are Centaurs in Harry Potter. I have seen the movies. If TLG wastes this one chance to make centaurs either, I will knock at their door.

And I shall go with you 

Just now, 1Panda said:info.
15 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Side non-itaria-leaking note: there are Centaurs in Harry Potter. I have seen the movies. If TLG wastes this one chance to make centaurs either, I will knock at their door.

And I shall go with you 

Sorry my last post Is messed up and I don’t think it was me I don’t know what happened?

While, I would like a "Hall of Fame" series with the best figure from each of the past series just so I can get another shot at some of them, I feel like that would be a bad move by Lego unless they wanted the line to end at 20. A better bet would be the usual assortment of figures. 

If they really go $5 a piece, they should play it safe, so I'd expect alot of staple characters or multi-purpose characters. For example, as much as I like the ghost knight from CMF19, he's really limited unless you get other hands/heads. 

If it's not an all-star series, and if it is called an anniversary series, I wonder what could it be? S18 was similar in both of these regards. I don't think they'll want to do something redundant.

I agree with Roebuck that updated versions of classic characters like the S19 Johnny Thunder would be a possibility, but as he mentioned we'd have expected them to save him for such a series.

How about counterparts for figures that haven't had any? Something like recolors, gender swaps, or figures that compliment popular figures? For instance, a blue spaceman in the style of the S1 spaceman.

i hope for: 

• ancient greek minifig
  • another roman :wub:
  • a new knight of an old fraction - like the Fright Knight, Series 19 or the new Wolfpack Archer "Rogue" from Serie 16
  • evil elf warrior

but i would pay whatever they want for a WARHAMMER Series with Karl Franz, Orcs, WoodElves, Highelves etc :-)

31 minutes ago, wanderer1980 said:

i hope for: 

• ancient greek minifig
  • another roman :wub:
  • evil elf warrior

Ya know, the DC Super Hero Girls Lashina minidoll had a hair piece that kinda-sorta passes for an ancient Greek style. I wouldn't mind seeing it get a recolor in the CMF line. I think a "Hollywood" Praetorian guardsman would be a nice opportunity to break out the Roman galea and scutum molds again. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a dark elf yet, tbh.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:23 AM, HawkLord said:

If they really go $5 a piece, they should play it safe, so I'd expect alot of staple characters or multi-purpose characters. For example, as much as I like the ghost knight from CMF19, he's really limited unless you get other hands/heads. 

For me, he has the most versatile pieces in the whole series!

Looks like there's a centaur-like piece in the Trolls line, fellas. Also a new minifigure head in the Ninjago line, with what appears to be a removable visor. It kind of looks like the werewolf head in a metallic or pearl pink.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:27 PM, 1Panda said:

And I shall go with you 

And my axe!

I think they’d probably make the piece in a different colour to make the brown one exclusive to a set. Maybe it could be used for a mouse person costume in a grey/white colour with pink printing on the ears? 

I think it might happen but just not yet. 

The rat costume is a selling point of the Dragon dance set. If they release a recolor for $4 just a few monts after, it might affect the sales of the set.