Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 20. Rumors and discussion

Thanks to the IG leakers now we know a regular series is coming our way next spring.

Its a bit early but we have a lot to talk about this series since this one will mark the 20th regular series and the 10th anniversary of the CMF theme

What will Series 20 bring?

The Character Encyclopedia Vol 2?

Another super rare chase character?

An "all stars" series?

A series with classic characters like the Series 18 Policeman?

A themed series? Anothet Party?

A regular normal series?

a 16 characters with various new pieces and accessories will be nice, don't really care what theme as long as no more "RARE" figure.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Its a bit early but we have a lot to talk about this series since this one will mark the 20th regular series and the 10th anniversary of the CMF theme

What will Series 20 bring?

I'd be most content with another Mr. Gold scenario to mark the occasion, as it'd just be another otherwise normal Series if you don't count the novelty chase figure, and thereby hopefully making up for this year's somewhat lackluster Series 19. However, the other alternative I'd be keen on would be a redux of Series 1, but handled more like this line-up I proposed a little while ago elsewhere...

On 7/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Though it'd greatly upset completionists, the Ms. Gold approach is best for those hoping for further yet-untouched archetypes. However, I don't think a Series 1 redux would be the end of the world if done right. For instance...

• Tribal Hunter >>> [Just different type of Indian, more specific to a more particular Native American tribe]
  • Cheerleader >>> [Simple, a Male Cheerleader, much like @Robert8's design]
  • Caveman >>> [How about a "Cave-Kid" similar to The Flintstones' Pebbles & Bam-Bam?]
  • Circus Clown >>> [Hey, how 'bout a gender-swap?]
  • Zombie >>> [Again, just gender-swap this one, much akin to Robert8's take on such]
  • Skater >>> [Make this one a kid this time, perhaps with the newer medium legs]
  • Robot >>> [Hey, if Series 1's take took after Robby the Robot, why not be a little more on-the-nose this time?]
  • Demolition Dummy >>> [Um, maybe make him Flame Yellowish Orange rather than just Bright Yellow? I don't know...]
  • Magician >>> [Either a simple gender-swap, or something more particular within that vein]
  • Super Wrestler >>> [Hey, another gender-swap, why not?]
  • Nurse >>> [Either just a gender-swap, or a different kind of healthcare worker]
  • Ninja >>> [As Series 13's Samurai was to Series 3's Samurai Warrior, so could this CMS be to Series 1's Ninja]
  • Spaceman >>> [Simple, give us a bubble-helmeted spaceman from the '50s!]
  • Forestman >>> [Honestly, I'd just like a richer-colored redux of this exact archetype that isn't Series 16's Rouge]
  • Deep Sea Diver >>> [How 'bout a Snorkeler this time rather than a Scuba Diver?]
  • Cowboy >>> [How 'bout a modern ranch hand this time, perhaps wearing a Duster?]

I want to know what “classic” means. Does it mean 80’s minifigures remade? Isn’t simply referring to the fact that’s its a regular series? Or is it referring to the fact it’ll be a series made up of early CMF series minifigures remade? Who knows?

18 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I want to know what “classic” means. Does it mean 80’s minifigures remade? Isn’t simply referring to the fact that’s its a regular series? Or is it referring to the fact it’ll be a series made up of early CMF series minifigures remade? Who knows?

Series 19 had a few classic figs  with a new twist, like Johnny Thunder, blacktron and fright knight..
If they do a series like that it would be fine by me :pir-grin: Would probably mean several pirates figs, native American fig, castle figs etc..
A best of series with old CMF sounds lame, it do not help much to switch the sex of the figs either since most of the early figs have a female counterpart by now :sceptic:

For me the best case scenario would be a regular series including all the subthemes: Western, Horror, Pirates, Circus, Costumes, City, Castle, etc... + a special (non rare) celebration character

Also the Chracter Encyclopedia vol 2. Series 11 to Series 20 with a special character included

That would do it for me

Edited by Robert8

As long as there are some cool fantasy/castle/historical and horror/monster figures, I will be happy.  An all-stars would be perfectly welcome for me, since it would likely include some old favorites like the zombie, Spartan, and elf.  I wouldn't care if they kept the figures identical to the original designs or updated them.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Series 19 had a few classic figs  with a new twist, like Johnny Thunder, blacktron and fright knight..
If they do a series like that it would be fine by me :pir-grin: Would probably mean several pirates figs, native American fig, castle figs etc..

That would be amazing. I’d love a few westerners!

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

A best of series with old CMF sounds lame, it do not help much to switch the sex of the figs either since most of the early figs have a female counterpart by now :sceptic:

I probably wouldn’t end up buying any if that were the case.

Ooo Robot Cowboy, I’d love that so much.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:18 AM, Robert8 said:

A series with classic characters like the Series 18 Policeman?

I think adults were way more excited by him than kids. There were a few kids I know get him and want to swap him for a "good figure".

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If they did new versions of previous popular CMFs, I'd be fine with that. So a new S3 elf, a new S6 Roman soldier, S2 Spartan, etc.

These would not really be any different to new pirates, native Americans, castle figures, etc. After all, they have all been done in CMF before too.

3 minutes ago, MAB said:

If they did new versions of previous popular CMFs, I'd be fine with that. So a new S3 elf, a new S6 Roman soldier, S2 Spartan, etc.

These would not really be any different to new pirates, native Americans, castle figures, etc. After all, they have all been done in CMF before too.

If they remake them it is probably fine, but if it just is the same fig or almost the same, but with a new colour on the accessories it is not fine. Like this:
https://brickset.com/sets/850458-1/VIP-Top-5-Boxed-Minifigures

I expect an acknowledgment of the 10th anniversary of the line in some fashion, but beyond that? Some gimmick is probably a given, though I won't go as far as to say it'll be terrible like Mr. Gold. Not sure about a rehash wave, though it could be decent if they go all-in on prints (both design AND quality) and new pieces. I wouldn't mind the theme of "Minifigures From Around the World", but I would be equally happy with just 16 minifigures running the gamut of themes.

I personally believe that Lego will do an "all stars" series with a chase figure thrown in as well for series 20 while series 21 is hopefully coming out Fall 2020 and will not come with anything "special". I'm very much hoping for the minifigures encyclopedia #2 as well. Maybe released for Summer 2020?

50 minutes ago, JJBricker said:

I personally believe that Lego will do an "all stars" series with a chase figure thrown in as well for series 20 while series 21 is hopefully coming out Fall 2020 and will not come with anything "special". I'm very much hoping for the minifigures encyclopedia #2 as well. Maybe released for Summer 2020?

As long as it is a chase like the Policeman.

22 hours ago, J4ck said:

I want to know what “classic” means. Does it mean 80’s minifigures remade? 

Something like that would be rad, sadly I don't see it as likely 

1 hour ago, JJBricker said:

That's the dream!

On 9/22/2019 at 3:46 PM, Robert8 said:

For me the best case scenario would be a regular series including all the subthemes: Western, Horror, Pirates, Circus, Costumes, City, Castle, etc... + a special (non rare) celebration character

Also the Character Encyclopedia vol 2. Series 11 to Series 20 with a special character included

That would do it for me

This is pretty much what I'd like every series to be, though to be honest, I've kind of done with the costume minifigures,

Also I appreciate all the hate for Mr. Gold. It's kind of like Willy Wonka's golden ticket, except instead of following Charlie's story, Lego decided it would be nice to show 99.999% of us what it feels like to lose.

I don't need Lego to tell me I'm not special. I get that enough in daily life. Take your chase figures and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. Let's focus on stuff we're actually able to purchase.

21 minutes ago, Gomek said:

This is pretty much what I'd like every series to be, though to be honest, I've kind of done with the costume minifigures,

Also I appreciate all the hate for Mr. Gold. It's kind of like Willy Wonka's golden ticket, except instead of following Charlie's story, Lego decided it would be nice to show 99.999% of us what it feels like to lose.

I don't need Lego to tell me I'm not special. I get that enough in daily life. Take your chase figures and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. Let's focus on stuff we're actually able to purchase.

Yep, totally agree, and I feel like we're in the majority for wanting a plain non-licensed series, with less than three costumed, and no chase figures. It sounds almost like a list of requirements but they did it that way for so long and I miss how the older cmfs were handled. Honestly a series like 11 or 12 would make me the happiest. 

Personally I would like to see an exact replica of Mr Gold be released 1 per case just like the classic policeman or have a regular distribution among the 16 figures. That would at least be some sort of apology from Lego and at the same time rebuke people who will pay an insane amount of money for 1 figure. 

Just now, fordtruckin said:

Personally I would like to see an exact replica of Mr Gold be released 1 per case just like the classic policeman or have a regular distribution among the 16 figures. That would at least be some sort of apology from Lego and at the same time rebuke people who will pay an insane amount of money for 1 figure. 

That would be hilarious! :laugh:

Edited by JJBricker

48 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

Image result for him and mojo jojo meme

My completionist instinct is listening.  I could reaaaaaaallly use a remade Mr. Gold as long as it’s official. 

4 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

3 hours ago, JJBricker said:

That would be hilarious! :laugh:

They’ve done this in the past :roflmao:

Lester had a limited number made to just 275. 1 year later they released the minifigure with an extra accessory in different packaging. So now it’s literally just cardboard that makes the 275 Lester so valuable lol.

A rerelease of Mr. Gold would be too smart and customer friendly. It could even make the few left collectors of whole serieses keep collecting when they raise the price again - the "ok, i have the complete collection. I can't stop now" is a strong factor that was destroyed by Mr. Gold. I can't imagine that happening.

A renaissance artist and a marmor statue would be cool figures. The statue would be perfect for the people who already bought many statue monsters from series 14 for their buildings and the artist could include a new medieval headgear and outfit.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:29 AM, Robert8 said:

Image result for him and mojo jojo meme

They already did this to a degree with the Lester figure. They promoted the image of Lester like crazy but only made less than 300 figures. These then sold for between $1,500 and $4,000. Then Lego decided 'Hey let's not bone our fanbase' so they made a virtually identical figure available in the their Leicester square store for a reasonable price. 

Of course, if you paid $3,000 for a figure (only to have it come out for $5 months later) it must have felt like Lego stole your (albeit used) car.

Edited by Gomek