Set Rating  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

Anyone encountered having wrong pieces in the set? My bag 7 included 2 pieces of 4x10 plate instead of the correct 4x12 plate. Now I'm stuck and unable to proceed with the build 

I thought I had something similar, turns out in my haste I used the wrong size on the back of the engines, it turned out it was my error. (which I didn't realize until I had already called lego and they shipped me the replacement!)

Any luck you did the same thing? I think that is the same section, the strip that goes across the back for mounting the engines?

If its not, borrow from the some other bags, and call lego, they will send you replacement parts if it is missing. (which I know the waiting sucks) or steal from another set while you wait.

5 hours ago, sguser said:

Anyone encountered having wrong pieces in the set? My bag 7 included 2 pieces of 4x10 plate instead of the correct 4x12 plate. Now I'm stuck and unable to proceed with the build 

On 10/3/2019 at 12:03 PM, sguser said:

Anyone encountered having wrong pieces in the set?....

Actually, yes.  For the longest time I did not believe in the missing piece simply because of TLGs nearly flawless reputation and assurance that you'll always have each part required to complete the set.

...until now :laugh:

I'm missing one of the two domes for the bridge deflector shields.  I immediately assumed it was my own carelessness when opening the bags, except I'm very careful opening bags.  I looked everywhere for it, and finally gave up.  Then I found this in my pile of pieces:

jVOavOs.png

It doesn't even belong in the set!

But wait, there's more!!

My instruction book is missing pages *oh2*  While building the sides of the bridge tower, the instructions skip from Step 707 to Step 742!!  So, I had to consult the online instructions to finish the sides and build the back walls of the bridge tower.  No biggie, but thank goodness the instructions are available elsewhere!  IIRC, an occasional addendum had to be issued for corrections on instructions, but it's been a while.  I'm not mad, necessarily, but I'm very curious if LEGO is even aware of this yet.  I'm sort of looking forward to speaking with CS tomorrow.

I love the set, it looks amazing on display - a bit wonky with only one shield generator dome - but I'm confident LEGO will send the replacement part in short order. 

Edited by lowlead
link repair

5 hours ago, lowlead said:

Actually, yes.  For the longest time I did not believe in the missing piece simply because of TLGs nearly flawless reputation and assurance that you'll always have each part required to complete the set.

...until now :laugh:

I'm missing one of the two domes for the bridge deflector shields.  I immediately assumed it was my own carelessness when opening the bags, except I'm very careful opening bags.  I looked everywhere for it, and finally gave up.  Then I found this in my pile of pieces:

jVOavOs.png

It doesn't even belong in the set!

But wait, there's more!!

My instruction book is missing pages *oh2*  While building the sides of the bridge tower, the instructions skip from Step 707 to Step 742!!  So, I had to consult the online instructions to finish the sides and build the back walls of the bridge tower.  No biggie, but thank goodness the instructions are available elsewhere!  IIRC, an occasional addendum had to be issued for corrections on instructions, but it's been a while.  I'm not mad, necessarily, but I'm very curious if LEGO is even aware of this yet.  I'm sort of looking forward to speaking with CS tomorrow.

I love the set, it looks amazing on display - a bit wonky with only one shield generator dome - but I'm confident LEGO will send the replacement part in short order. 

Woah, those are a lot of errors for a single set. I only got a slightly bent 2x14 (or 16 or something big like that) plate that I managed to replace with one from my collection. I hope TLG fixes whatever is faulty here - I wouldn't want to run into any missing pieces or pages in a future set, especially if they're pretty uncommon like the LBG half domes.

7 hours ago, lowlead said:

My instruction book is missing pages *oh2*  While building the sides of the bridge tower, the instructions skip from Step 707 to Step 742!! 

Treat it like a newborn, some collector will pay a fortune in the future ^^

9 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Woah, those are a lot of errors for a single set. I only got a slightly bent 2x14 (or 16 or something big like that) plate that I managed to replace with one from my collection. I hope TLG fixes whatever is faulty here - I wouldn't want to run into any missing pieces or pages in a future set, especially if they're pretty uncommon like the LBG half domes.

Got an email this morning from CS - the dome piece has already shipped!  I haven't even spoken with them yet, I just filled out the Missing Parts form in the Support section of LEGO.com - not bad!  So, with support like this, I can't even be mad at the errors in the set.

6 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Treat it like a newborn, some collector will pay a fortune in the future ^^

HA! :head_back:  Exactly.

ZE7zphR.jpg

Edited by lowlead

On 10/3/2019 at 12:18 AM, Frizzlefry25 said:

I Squeezed mine on the last space of shelf I had

IMG_8071_1.jpg

Hey, is that the brickvault Tie Silencer? Or is it your own design?

Great review. Its really nice, but I just don't like all the showing studs. It bothers me more and more every time I see it. Make it say 20% smaller and tile it up like the Monarch and I think this would have been a classic with more parts at the same price point. 

Photo's all look fine to me. 

15 hours ago, paulinho-knbl said:

Hey, is that the brickvault Tie Silencer? Or is it your own design?

That is Starbricks Tie Silencer MOC, which I believe was shown on brickvault. Not my design, nowhere near that talented! :)

16 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Great review. Its really nice, but I just don't like all the showing studs. It bothers me more and more every time I see it. Make it say 20% smaller and tile it up like the Monarch and I think this would have been a classic with more parts at the same price point. 

Photo's all look fine to me. 

If you've got a bunch of spare LBG tiles, wedges and plates in your parts collection, you can freely customize 75252. That's what I did with mine, and while it may not look as great as some MOCs available out there, trying to replicate the details / texture of the ship on your own is a ton of fun!

The set itself is already incredible, but modding it makes it even better. The fun doesn't stop when you're done with the instructions! :classic:

3 hours ago, TwoSolitudes said:

Post some pics!

FFcTjcm.jpg

1B3FD46.jpg

KRbkaGB.jpg

QQkb4DK.jpg

Best I could do with all the LBG tiles and wedges in my parts collection. I wanted to accentuate the textures on the hull of the ship, since TLG's was rather bare and was missing some (mainly the large, slightly raised section right in front of the superstructure).

I also revamped the bridge area, which has some tiny details I am very glad with the way they turned out.

Didn't have enough pieces to tackle the superstructure or the bottom of the ship! But perhaps I'll place a Bricklink order for some LBG tiles at some point.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, Frizzlefry25 said:

That is Starbricks Tie Silencer MOC, which I believe was shown on brickvault. Not my design, nowhere near that talented! :)

You're right. They just showed it on their yt channel.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:01 PM, NervousEnergy said:

It would be THE definitive SD if OneCase's Monarch didn't exist.  Alas...

That and if Jerac's (IMO the best ISD MOC), Raskolnikov's, and Mr. Andersons ISD didn't exist, then the LEGO ISD would possibly be the best overall.  

On 11/18/2019 at 11:33 AM, Terrasher said:

If you've got a bunch of spare LBG tiles, wedges and plates in your parts collection, you can freely customize 75252. That's what I did with mine, and while it may not look as great as some MOCs available out there, trying to replicate the details / texture of the ship on your own is a ton of fun!

The set itself is already incredible, but modding it makes it even better. The fun doesn't stop when you're done with the instructions! :classic:

Did you replace the parts or just stack the tiles on top?

1 hour ago, Anarchyy said:

Did you replace the parts or just stack the tiles on top?

I removed all of the tiles with studs on the edges and replaced them with normal plates. I also removed all of the texturing of the original model to end up with an entirely studded, leveled surface for the hull. After that I started stacking a bunch of tiles and wedge plates on top of the 'naked' hull.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:45 AM, Terrasher said:

FFcTjcm.jpg

1B3FD46.jpg

KRbkaGB.jpg

QQkb4DK.jpg

Best I could do with all the LBG tiles and wedges in my parts collection. I wanted to accentuate the textures on the hull of the ship, since TLG's was rather bare and was missing some (mainly the large, slightly raised section right in front of the superstructure).

I also revamped the bridge area, which has some tiny details I am very glad with the way they turned out.

Didn't have enough pieces to tackle the superstructure or the bottom of the ship! But perhaps I'll place a Bricklink order for some LBG tiles at some point.

Wow! Might try doing this to mine. That looks awesome!