Meanwhile in Acropolis -Keymonus

Devastation of Charlatan Bay -Roadmonkeytj

Waiting in the wasteland -Keymonus

Those Damned Cannons -Keymonus

Restoring Order to Chaos -Roadmonkeytj

Relief Mission - Gedren_y 

The road towards peace - Keymonus

The town over the cliffs - Keymonus

"I think we have reached an agreement. Now my soldiers are at your orders, Sir. Let's write down the conditions." Said Ezekiel Keegan, dipping the pen in the ink.
"I'm glad that you find our  conditions reasonable. With your collaboration, I'm sure that this useless civil war will see its end." Replied Tristan Rimbaud. Despite his mildly satisfied expression and his measured words (diplomacy has is code, even when the negotiation is over), he felt incredibly relieved: these words, probably, represented the end of the battle for Lowtown. Just in time, considering that the involvement of Oleander forces had finally become public, and the risk to get unwanted attention from other empires or, even worse, to be considered a traitor from Oleander police secrète, was becoming higher and higher every day.

Ezekiel Keegan… a rich plantation owner, who, at the beginning of the civil war, had raised a small but well trained militia, armed with the muskets of the defeated Ashen Guard. An astute man, according to many a former Corrish officer: his soldiers occupied several key areas of Charlatan Bay during the first weeks of disorders, outgunning even the Marderian garrisons. In those days, he was almost controlling Charlatan Bay, but his assault against Fort Saint Millar was a disaster: he lost twenty men and, even worse, he lost the control over the gangs he had subdued. The Oleander volunteers and Gustav's militiamen had to fight only a couple of times against Keegan's soldiers, and remembered very well those fierce battles.
Now, with the Sugar plantation treaty, Keegan had just moved on their side, bringing along forty expert riflemen.

IMG_2785

"So, let's recapitulate the terms: 100 doubloons in silver ingots, private trade agreements with the Rimbaud family, and special consideration for a rank in Charlatan Bay forces after the war. I also keep the plantations I control in this moment. In exchange, I recognize Gustav von Bricktin as rightful ruler of Charlatan Bay, now and in the future, and I put my men at your orders."

"Correct , monsieur Keegàn" replied Tristan, intentionally stressing his Oleander accent. "But don't forget that all the trade agreements are subordinated to your relations with my mother country. And, obviously, to the capture of Fort Saint Millar and the re-opening of the harbour, whenever it will be!"

"It seems reasonable, obviously I have to wait until you capture the fort..." Keegan seemed a little confused… good sign: he had just smelled gold, but now the profit was stepping away, delayed to whenever it will be. It was time for the final jab.

"You will do something better, monsieur Keegan. You will come with us against that damned fort!"

IMG_2787

Tristan left the plantations, followed by his guards. The agreement he had obtained with that greedy and ambitious man, with a bit of luck, would have represented the end of the Battle for Lowtown. That, notably, was nothing like a battle: no real uniforms, no ranks of soldiers, no artillery or cavalry charges, no trumpets or drums; on the contrary, an endless row of ambushes, skirmishes and raids, alternating with alliances, treasons, bribing and intimidation, distribution of food and propaganda among the common people.

IMG_2790

IMG_2781

From the muddy alleys of the city to the most malfamate taverns, from the nearby jungle to the lairs of the gangs, Tristan and Gustav had lead their men again and again, fight after fight. Now, at last, this bloody war was going to end: a final assault against the intimidating bastions of Fort Saint Millar, then Charlatan Bay would be back in control… Soon Gustav would re-establish peace and order, as much as possible in a pirate settlement, and the Oleander contingent could finally make his way home; they had lost seven soldiers, and many others, including Tristan, had been wounded, but the campaign was almost over. The reconstruction would have been long and difficult, no doubt about that, and violence could rise again, but keeping foreign troops in a Sea Rat settlement for too much time would have done more harm than good… what was going to happen next was in his friend's hands, their roads had to part again.

Another part of the Charlatan Bay storyline, nearing to its end. I apologize with all the Sea Rats for the permanence of Tristan and his men, by far too long, but real life issues complicated a little the original plan of a blitz campaign. Anyways, my soldiers will leave soon; as usual, I want to underline that I'm not trying to occupy Charlatan Bay, and the presence of my volunteers is only a part of a joined storyline. I hope nobody feels offended by the presence of my soldiers or by the storyline itself, but PM me if you want me to change something. 

Edited by Keymonus

Excellent progression of the story, and some lovely builds to go with it. Seems like Oleon is here to stay, despite those claims. :pir_tong2:

On 9/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, Keymonus said:

Anyways, my soldiers will leave soon; as usual, I want to underline that I'm not trying to occupy Charlatan Bay, and the presence of my volunteers is only a part of a joined storyline.

Said every invader ever. :pir-grin:

I already have typed an article up for the upcoming WTCM, so I guess there is even more to come from this later on. Sweet! :thumbup:

I love it ... I only wish life offered more time for me to build on the story line ... You certainly are carrying the story well though!

Nice story and accompanying MOCs! I really like the interiors, especially the first room. The atmosphere and minifigure selection is also on point. I also like the reference to the police secrète :devil:.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, Darnok said:

Said every invader ever. :pir-grin:

Noooooo, what are you saying? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Thank you for your comments! This was my first attempt with a little of photo-editing, and I like the result. For the story, I'm trying to be as loyal as possible to the atmosphere of Charlatan Bay and of their inhabitants, that means a lot of rhum, swords and bad intentions!