dtomsen

(Exhibition) Video from Modeljernbanetræf Helsingør 2019

Video from the yearly model railroad exhibition in the danish city of Helsingør earlier this month.

The LEGO contribution was done by our new (and smallish) train club, Togklodsen.

Unfortunately I couldn’t participate but a lot of my trains did :classic:

A rather spectacular crash occurs around the 12 minute mark :grin:

Edited by dtomsen

Some great trains there. You happen to know if there's pics of that dark red steamer anywhere else?

50 minutes ago, SD100 said:

Some great trains there. You happen to know if there's pics of that dark red steamer anywhere else?

Thanks!

It is not mine as I haven’t made a steam engine yet (still working on my first one).

i’m quite sure it is made by our chairman Lars Mogensen but far from all of his train stuff have been shown online or even have pictures of them at all. Unfortuantely this seems one of those.

His old Brickshelf gallery here and Togklodsen’s still rather sparse gallery here.

Edited by dtomsen

8 hours ago, dtomsen said:

A rather spectacular crash occurs around the 12 minute mark

Not surprising, as the train did run a red signal (grin). Some very nice MOC's there, and it looks like some sophisticated control, were they 9v powered with working blocks?

47 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

Not surprising, as the train did run a red signal (grin). Some very nice MOC's there, and it looks like some sophisticated control, were they 9v powered with working blocks?

And running full speed :grin:

I barely understand the basics of the home made control system used for most of the layout but yes, it is very sophisticated and 9v powered. I’ll have to ask the guys for a better and more elaborate answer.

Edited by dtomsen

6 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

I wondered this myself watching it but what sensors are used to detect blocks and switch the sidings?

Thanks for sharing your video! The museum wih the planes around is such a nice venue. And you had a kids area for them to play trains.

I also like the bridges between the tables.

But you need larger curves and switches. All the great trains look strange in R40 standard LEGO curves.

Great layout overall and good luck for your small club! 

Holger

Edited by HoMa

Hi all, and thanks for your positive comments :-).

Let me try to answer some questions:

@SD100: I have yet to post pictures of my dark red steamer but it is basically just a color variation of my black steamer here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5359067

@zephyr1934: A note on my control system. It is a custom built digital system that I invented 10 years ago. I put fixed 12 volts in the tracks and onboard each locomotive I have a Pololu B-328 computer board that measures the speed through a proximity sensor on the axle, and then distributes power to the motors accordingly with a pulse width modulated signal. The main computer communicates with the trains through a serial Easy-Radio transceiver. I am currently working on adding a positioning dimension using PoZyx tags. And even though this works "fine-ish", a main problem hereto is that the PoZyx tags are too huge and can hence only be built into a subset of my locomotives. The rest is software :-).

@HoMa: I agree on the curves, and these are actually being built. You can see the prototypes on my previous venue video. But this has introduced a new problem for me: I need a bigger car! :-)

Thanks for posting.

Where are these happenings with lego trains in DK announced? 
I would have loved to drop by. 

EDIT: is this the place to find info?? http://www.eirene.dk/lm/ 

Hilsen Harald

Edited by harnbak

1 hour ago, harnbak said:

Thanks for posting.

Where are these happenings with lego trains in DK announced? 
I would have loved to drop by. 

Hilsen Harald

Sorry you missed it. Keep an eye on this site:

www.togklodsen.dk

Edited by LegoLars