Cool :classic:

Reminds me to that Gulliver's travels movie? There was such a 'spaceship' too. I like the design itself too, the colors, the wood-tiles and stuff.
Maybe an idea to make a kind of 'terminal' of the holder? With some stairs so they come on board.

Edited by neonic

4 hours ago, neonic said:

Cool :classic:

Reminds me to that Gulliver's travels movie? There was such a 'spaceship' too. I like the design itself too, the colors, the wood-tiles and stuff.
Maybe an idea to make a kind of 'terminal' of the holder? With some stairs so they come on board.

I originally planned to build a cliff side dock with a building on top, but this project got put on the back burner indefinitely because of cost and availability of helium. All my MOC building has been concentrated on my coal train facility.

I remember watching this video back in 2018 and being absolutely astonished with the creativity put in to this build. You truly did an outstanding job with designing the ship and everything else in the build. This will go down as one of my all time favorites.

Also, how'd you do the wood grain? It looks spectacular!

Absolutely amazing! Not only the functionality, i.e. the ability to actually fly - but also the steampunk ship MOC itself. All around brilliant, well done! :thumbup:

10 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

I remember watching this video back in 2018 and being absolutely astonished with the creativity put in to this build. You truly did an outstanding job with designing the ship and everything else in the build. This will go down as one of my all time favorites.

Also, how'd you do the wood grain? It looks spectacular!

Thanks! I hope to fly it again some day ... sooner than later. The dark red wood grain are custom printed Lego pieces I designed and printed myself ... as well as the diamond plate decking, speedometer, star disc, backlit computer screens, and latin writing on the tail fin.

42531807685_691696f1d4_b.jpgCloud Ship 1. Bridge Right View by Terry Akuna, on Flickr

Edited by Terry Akuna
Add photo

These are probably some of the most detailed custom prints I've seen! The speedometer use with the frying pan is simply ingenious! I also love the inclusion of the old compass and globe. 

Would you be willing to share your secret on how you went about making the wood grain effect for the tiles?

In light of this upcoming weekend's events, I'm sure this is just a weather balloon.

Oh wait, it kinda is!

MAC

4 hours ago, iammac said:

In light of this upcoming weekend's events, I'm sure this is just a weather balloon.

Oh wait, it kinda is!

MAC

It's not a weather balloon .... custom designed and manufactured specifically for my airship. I did originally did buy a weather balloon, but it was not large enough to handle the weight of the ship and there was a safety problem. A weather balloon can burst and down she goes ... very bad situation. If this were to get punctured, it would only leak and slowly descend to the ground.

7 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

These are probably some of the most detailed custom prints I've seen! The speedometer use with the frying pan is simply ingenious! I also love the inclusion of the old compass and globe. 

Would you be willing to share your secret on how you went about making the wood grain effect for the tiles?

I drew all of the wood grain in Adobe Illustrator and printed all the dark red Lego tiles myself. You can see examples of everything I print on my FB page in albums.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:06 AM, Terry Akuna said:

It's not a weather balloon .... custom designed and manufactured specifically for my airship. I did originally did buy a weather balloon, but it was not large enough to handle the weight of the ship and there was a safety problem. A weather balloon can burst and down she goes ... very bad situation. If this were to get punctured, it would only leak and slowly descend to the ground.

My apologies, I meant no disrespect for your design. I actually thought it was quite masterful. :wub: I was simply alluding to the ridiculous "storm Area 51" event that went over like a led balloon yesterday. You're from the US, so you might catch the joke about any piece of confidential technology being classified by the Feds as either a weather balloon or swamp gas... 

:shrug_confused: It was a dumb joke anyway

MAC