Foreman

LEGO® Movie Theory, Emmett is President Business' son

Lord Business is clearly Finn's father, I've been thinking "gee, which character fits Finn" which for a long time I've thought it as either Emmett, or Vitruvius, which after watching the Lego Movie 2, I've felt it more to be Emmett as a better fit because he was the one Finn was playing with, and it was Emmett to break the cake, something Finn did, also it was Emmett who said what Phil said to Business, so if Emmett is Finn and Lord Business is (Finn's) father than it makes sense for Lord Business to be Emmett

which (if General Sweet Mayhem is Bianca) would explain why he didn't want to be involved with the duplo Aliens, because he knows his wife lives in the same star system and doesn't want to fight with her

Edited by Foreman
Fix mistakes

Cool theory, but who the heck is Phil? Phil Lord?

That thought had crossed my mind too actually as soon as I saw the first movie. Yes, Emmett is obviously Finn's avatar since the whole first movie revolves around Finn working out his issues with his father in a Lego world, so it would seem like a logical conclusion that Business is Emmett's father, but Emmett and Business never give any signs of knowing each other, so it seems unlikely. Besides, it wouldn't have any effect on the story, so does it really matter if they're related? Also, by that logic, wouldn't Sweet Mayhem be Emmett's sister? That can't really be since they're two different species (a minifig and a pink skinned minidoll) from different planets, so the relationships of the people playing the Lego characters don't necessarily have to carry over into the Lego World.

And I don't think President Business had any relationship to anyone from the Sistar System either. Finn's mom was represented as Ourmamageddon, an event rather than a character, and none of the Bricksburgians seemed to even be aware of aliens before the Duplos showed up. I'm pretty sure he was just too lazy to deal with an alien invasion, much like how Finn's dad was too lazy to parent his children and left it up to the mom to stop them from fighting.

39 minutes ago, Oky said:

Cool theory, but who the heck is Phil? Phil Lord?

That thought had crossed my mind too actually as soon as I saw the first movie. Yes, Emmett is obviously Finn's avatar since the whole first movie revolves around Finn working out his issues with his father in a Lego world, so it would seem like a logical conclusion that Business is Emmett's father, but Emmett and Business never give any signs of knowing each other, so it seems unlikely. Besides, it wouldn't have any effect on the story, so does it really matter if they're related? Also, by that logic, wouldn't Sweet Mayhem be Emmett's sister? That can't really be since they're two different species (a minifig and a pink skinned minidoll) from different planets, so the relationships of the people playing the Lego characters don't necessarily have to carry over into the Lego World.

And I don't think President Business had any relationship to anyone from the Sistar System either. Finn's mom was represented as Ourmamageddon, an event rather than a character, and none of the Bricksburgians seemed to even be aware of aliens before the Duplos showed up. I'm pretty sure he was just too lazy to deal with an alien invasion, much like how Finn's dad was too lazy to parent his children and left it up to the mom to stop them from fighting.

Well Business was a neglectful father, so wouldn't bother to raise him, also we don't know the breeding rules for that world, for all we know a minifigure and a Bin of Storage produceing either a minifigure or a minidoll could be perfectly normal in that world, also there's the possibility that Emmett and Mayhem could be half siblings