Jim

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT POSTING BEHAVIOR

Hey guys, and gals,

I am sorry it had to come this far, but I like to express my feelings regarding the posting style/behavior of some of our members. The Technic forum used to be a very friendly environment, where people could criticize other members, but in a mature way. However, the Technic forum is slowly turning into another Facebook, and I am not accepting this. So, here's a friendly reminder of your friendly administrator to tone it done a notch or two. We don't need Keyboard Warriors here on Eurobricks.

Here are some pointers;

• You don't need constructs like "absolutely ridiculous", "out of your mind", "downright crazy". There are better ways to be critical.
  • Be aware that you are in an online environment and words are interpreted differently than when you talk to someone in person.
  • It is actually very cool to be nice to other people. it doesn't hurt and it makes you a better person. And you can definitely be very very critical and be nice at the same time.

Make the Technic Forum great again!

Feel free to discuss, but don't get too personal. Otherwise, I will lock this topic/announcement.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Is this about what I said to @allanp about his attitude towards graders? 'Cos I won't stand for graderism, scraperism, or any other vehicular discrimination that TLG keeps perpetrating!

You horribully, I bet you won't stand for the severe scratcherism my cats inflict on my sofa, either :roflmao:

I have noticed this too. Thanks for speaking up @Jim . 

16 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Is this about what I said to @allanp about his attitude towards graders? 'Cos I won't stand for graderism, scraperism, or any other vehicular discrimination that TLG keeps perpetrating!

:iamded_lol::iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

*snip*

It is actually very cool to be nice to other people. it doesn't hurt and it makes you a better person. And you can definitely be very very critical and be nice at the same time.

*snip*

True that!

6 hours ago, Jim said:

It is actually very cool to be nice to other people. it doesn't hurt and it makes you a better person. And you can definitely be very very critical and be nice at the same time.

Bravo.  Not a difficult concept.  Thanks for putting it out there directly and "officially"!  :classic:

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Hey guys...

Make the Technic Forum great again!

This reminds me on "make America great again" slogan :wink:

BTW nice from you to remind us from time to time, since some comments in the past were "over the limit". 

People actually call each other downright crazy on this forum? That's absolutely ridiculous. They must be out of their minds.

19 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

This reminds me of "make America great again" slogan :wink:

Hmm, "MTTFGA" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue... but it might make a good license plate! :grin:

I dont think I have been here long enough to realize a major change of posting behaviour. I did notice some useless fightings, and I think I was part of one once, because of a stupid misinterpretation. We all need to chill.

Well, all I can do is try to not be part of the problem :grin:

10 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Hmm, "MTTFGA" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue... but it might make a good license plate! :grin:

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Well, all I can do is try to not be part of the problem :grin:

That's all there is to it. Easy as pie :sweet: :thumbup:

I actually appreciate your topic @Jim. I come almost everyday to read Eurobricks but unfortunattely I don't post very often (I will post something soon) so I didn't really see the issue growing.

Just to share a short story with the community. Some years ago, when I started again to build LEGO Technic I was posting only on a national Lug (I'll let you guess which country/Lug it was). The problem of this Lug is the totally toxic atmosphere. The entire Forum is under the reign of ten members, in particular admin and moderator that destroy everything that do not please them. They are some of the greatest Technic MOC builder, but split/puke/p°°p on people that are not as good as you is a cultural thing. So the only comment you can receive if you are not from the gang is: "It's bad", "I could have done better", "you souhld have improve it before posting", "do better next time" blablabla. Don't expect anything positive of constructive.

And this, kids, is why I came on Eurobricks. And to be honest this community is really great.

25 minutes ago, Superkoala said:

Just to share a short story with the community. Some years ago, when I started again to build LEGO Technic I was posting only on a national Lug (I'll let you guess which country/Lug it was). The problem of this Lug is the totally toxic atmosphere. The entire Forum is under the reign of ten members, in particular admin and moderator that destroy everything that do not please them. They are some of the greatest Technic MOC builder, but split/puke/p°°p on people that are not as good as you is a cultural thing. So the only comment you can receive if you are not from the gang is: "It's bad", "I could have done better", "you souhld have improve it before posting", "do better next time" blablabla. Don't expect anything positive of constructive.

Or do not expect anything at all :laugh:. The poor thing is that I kind of feel that it resulted in dying slowly... That is too bad when I remember the activity it had 5 years ago.

Back on topic. I think you are doing the right thing @Jim. This forum has to be a peaceful place, where people go to escape the cruel world. I do not post that often, but I come every day to discover new MOCs or progress. Everyone has his/her chance here, so a beginner builder will get suggestions or help to improve his/her skills. 

This is the only Forum I've ever been a part of, so I have never known anything else. I joined not that long ago, and before I realized it this Forum became like a Safehaven I visit multiple times per day.  I took everything here for granted.  Thank you all for being awesome people :blush:

Please people, dont start an new Thread everytime you have a question,  or have an Idea for a MOC/Mod and nothing to show. I want to see intresting content, but y'all are starting to bloat the Forum Frontpage with useless Thread corpses, that died after like 2 replies. For most questions or small developments there will alredy be a appropriate thread. 

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Please people, dont start an new Thread everytime you have a question,  or have an Idea for a MOC/Mod and nothing to show. I want to see intresting content, but y'all are starting to bloat the Forum Frontpage with useless Thread corpses, that died after like 2 replies. For most questions or small developments there will alredy be a appropriate thread.

Agreed. Maybe Jim can create a new thread for gathering "Ideas & unfinished MOCs" or something like that which is listed in the head/hot-topics (along with Hall Of Fame, 2020 Set Discussion, and so on)?

This would actually be more pleasant to read. :-)

We do have a topic for Generic questions and discussion.

If you can all use the Report button when the situation arises, I will make sure the topics get merged.

5 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I agree that for a simple question which can be answered in a single post, a generic thread is better, but otherwise i dont see the point in policing what does or doesnt warrant a new thread. Generally there is more then enough posts in popular threads that unpopular ones fade away into the distance quickly.