DuckBricks

3D Printed Ninjago Props and Weapons

Been working on something Lego-related, but not quite Lego, for the past few weeks...

3D printed Ninjago props and weapons! I love the detailed designs as seen in the TV show, and wanted to replicate some physical props to use as interesting wall decorations and whatnot. Starting off, we have Cole's Hammer, as seen in Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu! I based the design off of these images (and the show):

Cole's SotFS Hammer - Reference 1Cole's SotFS Hammer - Reference 2

And came up with this:

3D Printed Cole's SotFS Hammer 2IMG_15163D Printed Cole's SotFS Hammer 3

3D Printed Cole's SotFS Hammer 1

Next up was a Fang Blade, all the way back to Season 1! Based it off of this reference:

Fang Blade - Reference

And came up with this (some creative liberties taken to make the pattern stand out more):

3D Printed Fang Blade 13D Printed Fang Blade 2

What do you think? I'll probably continue updating this topic, as I have a lot more in the pipeline (including every golden weapon, a Jade Blade, and maybe Chen's Staff) and if anyone has any suggestions for tips or ideas on what else to design and print, let me know! Thanks for checking this out!

The hammer looks really nice :wub:

The fangblade looks ok for me, my problem with it is in the leaf handle (I hope being writing well that word) but the blade looks well done

I hope you make the golden weapons then! 

Good job, overall!

2 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

brooooooo, that hammer is beautiful!!! What are the chances you would sell one? 

If you’re willing to assemble it (it would be hard to ship it as one piece, but I could totally ship the individual pieces and you just need to glue it together etc) I could totally make another copy and sell it for a decent price, if you want to talk more in PMs! Glad you like it!

6 hours ago, Ronan54 said:

The hammer looks really nice :wub:

The fangblade looks ok for me, my problem with it is in the leaf handle (I hope being writing well that word) but the blade looks well done

I hope you make the golden weapons then! 

Good job, overall!

Yeah, the handle had some issues printing without supports as I didn’t want to waste too much material, but generally I’m ok with it from a distance. Thanks for commenting! I’m currently printing the Nunchuks of Lightning now.

Just now, legozebra said:

I’m currently printing the Nunchuks of Lightning now.

The Legacy Nunchuks or the originals from 2011?

33 minutes ago, Ronan54 said:

The Legacy Nunchuks or the originals from 2011?

Originals; I’m modeling them all after the original appearances in the show (S1-2) and have already completed the files for all four — it’s just the long part now (printing) which is coming up.

The hammer is really, really nice. If you decide to do a classic space gun in light gray and/or radio in black, you can expect a PM (of course without knowing how much these things would be worth)

20 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh my god, these are gorgeous!

Please make the Sword of Sanctuary, the Sword is my absolute favourite weapon in Ninjago. 

Thank you! Glad you like them! I've had my eye on making that for a while - there's an intricate leaflike pattern on the transparent blue dish element I haven't quite figured out how to replicate yet, but have a few ideas (engraving? printing it as a separate white piece? painting?)

19 hours ago, Gomek said:

The hammer is really, really nice. If you decide to do a classic space gun in light gray and/or radio in black, you can expect a PM (of course without knowing how much these things would be worth)

Thank you! Are you talking about this one (https://rebrickable.com/parts/3959/weapon-gun-torch-space-with-grooves/) or the more bazooka-esque long one? Either would look great on my wall and once I make a copy for myself I'd be happy to chat with you more about shipping one out; it certainly would be cheaper and much less complex to model than the hammer or fang blade.

35 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Thank you! Glad you like them! I've had my eye on making that for a while - there's an intricate leaflike pattern on the transparent blue dish element I haven't quite figured out how to replicate yet, but have a few ideas (engraving? printing it as a separate white piece? painting?)

Personally, I’d print it as a separate, white piece to go underneath the trans blue dish. So if you touch the outside, the trans blue is still smooth, but you can still see the pattern because it’s on the inside. 

Although I suppose that would make it more tinted blue than it should be . . also might be fragile . . 

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Personally, I’d print it as a separate, white piece to go underneath the trans blue dish. So if you touch the outside, the trans blue is still smooth, but you can still see the pattern because it’s on the inside. 

Although I suppose that would make it more tinted blue than it should be . . also might be fragile . . 

That's actually a really good idea - you may have cracked it! Fragility isn't an issue as I'm using a heat gun and soldering iron to basically melt every piece together and make it super sturdy. Thanks for the suggestion!

On 9/18/2019 at 1:02 AM, Lordofdragonss said:

Amazing job :o

Thank you!

18 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

I'd like to see you make Garmadon's mega weapon

Ooo, that one will be a fun challenge to execute, given there's not much reference material at all in terms of existing Lego elements.

*oh2* Awesome, zeb! For a moment I thought you had photoshopped the hammer into your hand, not in the least due to how much shine it has! You nailed it! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

*oh2* Awesome, zeb! For a moment I thought you had photoshopped the hammer into your hand, not in the least due to how much shine it has! You nailed it! :thumbup:

Thank you so much! No photoshop used here; it actually looks like that!

EH65RdmX0AEge5F?format=jpg&name=large

Been busy making a lot more! Here’s all the Golden Weapons plus the Sword of Souls and Lloyd and Zane’s SotFS weapons. Chen’s staff is now underway!

54 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Been busy making a lot more! Here’s all the Golden Weapons plus the Sword of Souls and Lloyd and Zane’s SotFS weapons. Chen’s staff is now underway!

That is amazing! I want that Sword of Souls; it’s my second-favourite weapon after the Sword of Sanctuary!

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

OMG, the Four Golden Weapons look gorgeous! Gimme that Scythe of Quakes, and those Nunchucks of Lightning too!! :wub: 

Megaweapon, when? :tongue:

Hello i have 2 boys crazy about lego especially ninjago is their thing... is it possible to buy the print files for some of the weapons personal use?

greetings from Belgium

On 12/16/2020 at 11:05 AM, Stef said:

Hello i have 2 boys crazy about lego especially ninjago is their thing... is it possible to buy the print files for some of the weapons personal use?

greetings from Belgium

Sure thing! PM me and I’ll see what I can do.

On 9/18/2019 at 12:11 AM, DuckBricks said:

That's actually a really good idea - you may have cracked it! Fragility isn't an issue as I'm using a heat gun and soldering iron to basically melt every piece together and make it super sturdy. Thanks for the suggestion!

Maybe printing the white part and then doing a resin pour to fill in the gaps in the pattern with tr blue, get it fully flush and embedded without loosing the transparency.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:44 PM, prochyma said:

Hi, is it possible buy 3d models of golden weapons from you? thanks Martin

I am also hoping to get an opportunity to purchase or donate in order to get the STL files.  You have some of the only full sets of well designed golden weapons.  My 8 year old son and i have already printed a couple but would love to have access to your models.  (I am new and cannot PM on this forum)