ebbanner.png

Mrs. Molly Jackson is the head of the town bookclub. She loves reading and is desperate to remain young and hip. But as she gets up there in age, she realizes she gets closer and closer to living in a rest home with the old and grouchy Mrs. Barbara Melvin the Granny who runs the dreaded Knitting Club. Gross! Normally, she wouldn't mind, but Molly has caught wind that some of her bookclub members (and their significant others and kids) might be joining the Knitting Club and are aiming to destroy the bookclub from the inside out! Come play and help Molly root out the scum, or be a scum and make sure knitting becomes the favorite past time of the town!

1) Have you ever played Mafia before, and what's your experience? If not, have you read some of the games we've had on here?
2) Can you commit to the game timewise?
3) What do you prefer to read?

The game is designed for 10-12 people. After that, we'll have a reserve list. For your convenience, the rules (modified and stolen from Kintobor, who in turn stole from def) have been attached below, so everyone knows what they're getting into.

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Book Club (Town) or the Knitting Club (Scum). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a 2-vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the "Off-hour"/night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next "Hour"/day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

Heyo! Sign me up!

1) Yes, I've played nine games so far, but I still suck. :grin:

2) I shouldn't have any trouble with time.

3) Comics, graphic novels, manga, etc. lol.

1. Quite experienced at playing really badly.

2. Yes

3. Knitting patterns.

1) Have you ever played Mafia before, and what's your experience? If not, have you read some of the games we've had on here?

Yes, but I've never knitted anything.

I may have a gap of a day or two here and there, but this is a good time for me.

I can't read

On 9/15/2019 at 5:21 AM, KotZ said:

1) I've played a few times and I promise I'll be good;

2) Currently on holiday but I'll be available to play from Monday the 23rd;

3) Awful thrillers from the likes of David Baldacci and Ted Bell.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:21 PM, KotZ said:

1. Yes, a little.

2. Mostly-ish?

3. Obituaries

Yes, lots of exp losing.

yes.

Books

I'd like to bump this too.

I wish I could participate, but the same reason I can't host Star Trek 2 is because I've just taken a new job and moved house. 

May be way late to this particular party, but

Hosted some, even. Though it's been a hot minute.

Most definitely.

Zodiac signs to see if my day is going to go good regardless of me not doing anything. So I guess books?

Currently, I have the following people signed up...

Hinckley
JackJonesPAw
Trekkie99
Fhomess
DarkDragon
Jimmynick
Kristel

This is seven, 3 less than the minumum I was hoping for. If everyone is ok aiwth what most likely be a super short game, I'll run it.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

I'd join but 5 days to kill a single player is a bit long.

That's the typical format.

Alright, I'm giving everyone who hasn't jumped in yet until Sunday evening, and then posts will go out.