Fanylover

[MOC] Honda Gold Wing GL1800 (2018) + Instructions

Hello everyone! 

I'm glad to present my first motorcycle MOC - Honda Gold Wing GL1800 (2018).

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Features:
- flat-six engine
- 2 speed gear box (I know that Gold Wing has 6 and 7 speed gear box, but the model has not enough space to it)
- shaft drive (I used blue 20-tooth gear to make compact mechanism)

800x533.jpg

- realistic Gold Wing's frame and steering

800x533.jpg

- front double wishbone suspension (using one shock)
- rear suspension (I put two shocks because it's weight)
- folding main and side stands
- openable trunk and saddlebags

800x533.jpg

- folding mirrors and passenger floorboards

800x534.jpg

It has 2 options: Tour version (with top trunk) and standart version (only saddlebags)

800x533.jpg

Standart version:

800x533.jpg

Tour version:

800x533.jpg

You can find original constructions of Gold Wing in internet to compare, I tryed to copy details as accurate as possible.
I know that rear suspension is not as in the real Gold Wing, but weight of MOC is too high, and it is the simplest construction I could designed.

Gold Wing in compare with 10269 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy and 42036 Street Motorcycle.

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Inventory is available at Rebrickable and Instructions at my blog 
More photos here

Best regards,
Artemy

Edited by Fanylover

That is brilliantly designed. From the first sight I thought it was real, it has full body shaping and perfect scale. Love it !

Amazing how your Technic model looks instantly recognisable and just as good as Lego’s system built Harley.

i especially like your touring version of the gold wing 

Wow! This is one of the best Technic motor cycles I have ever seen. I also prefer the Touring version.

one question: I see that there is an empty space at the back of the motor under the diagonal part. Have you not been able to fill it?

My compliments! Also for making instructions!

2 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

one question: I see that there is an empty space at the back of the motor under the diagonal part. Have you not been able to fill it?

The space let us see how gearbox works and It seems large because of orthogonal angle view, actually the hole is not very big.

802o3iW.jpg

This is a really impressive motorbike.  The lines are great and the functions exceed the official bikes that have been produced.  I'm intrigued to find out how it builds :thumbup:

Terrific MOC, didn´t expect such one from you :thumbup:! That blue clutch gear sticking out at the rear wheel is kind of disturbing, but the design solution is genious.

On 9/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, Fanylover said:

The space let us see how gearbox works and It seems large because of orthogonal angle view, actually the hole is not very big.

Thanks for the explanation! ??

Yes, this is a good one - think I'll build it & add some chrome.

Congrats on crafting such a fine model and thanks for making instructions.

This is really nicely done. Beautiful panel work! Does the blue gear rub against the wheel at all (it seems only held in place by the wheel?)

4 hours ago, JonathanM said:

This is really nicely done. Beautiful panel work! Does the blue gear rub against the wheel at all (it seems only held in place by the wheel?)

You are right, but don't worry, the model is not motorized (just for video), so that blue gear is not under load. It works smoothly.

This is a really nice bike. :wub: Not sure about that blue bevel gear just floating there though. :sceptic: That decision is certainly going to raise some eyebrows from those who purchase your instructions.

Edited by Meatman