TheCreatorr

Hoth Echo Base Medical Bay with Corridor MOC

This is my very own Hoth Echo Base Medical Bay with Corridor MOC built of LEGO bricks: 

o_1dknisfv91fgb107g2r5s5v1sqh17.jpg

o_1dknisfv9fqfbe31tensrfir19.png

o_1dknk767lcbli0gujca931eepm.png

o_1dknisfv9b581s55175j14lpbdf16.jpg

o_1dknisfv9181vbclk45lmg0u1b.jpg

! Minifig scale ! Hoth Echo Base Medical Bay with Corridor features a functual, smoothly sliding door, a Bacta Tank including pipe and cable details with enough place for a minifigure to fit inside, a medical bed, two control units with cable harness, an Ice Corridor with many details from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, as well as a very accurate Medical Bay wall design. Included are 6 unique (cargo) containers, each one of them has a special design.

--> Purchasable Instruction Manual and XML-Parts List available in my own shop: https://payhip.com/TheCreatorr 

You can follow me on flickr or take a look at more Star Wars MOCs of mine: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the-creatorr/ 

What do you guys think :classic:

Dang!  Another hit! *huh*

The detail and aesthetic is perfect - you nailed the look of Echo Base just right.  I like everything about this one, from the detail of the corridor to the wall design of the med bay.  Any plans to light up the tank?  Thanks for posting!

4 hours ago, lowlead said:

Dang!  Another hit! *huh*

The detail and aesthetic is perfect - you nailed the look of Echo Base just right.  I like everything about this one, from the detail of the corridor to the wall design of the med bay.  Any plans to light up the tank?  Thanks for posting!

@lowlead You can not imagine how thankful I am for your words :blush:

Thank you sooo much for this feedback! 

The idea of light up the Bacta Tank is pretty good, can u recommend a lighting company for LEGO models ? In the top Panels of the Tank is definitely enough space for a light kit... 

My next project will be an additional Hoth Echo Base Command Center from TheEmpireStrikesBack, so that they fit perfectly together and complement each other :). 

There are vendors that make specialized lighting systems for MOCs, but you can also get two lights in 8293 Power Functions.  The resulting wiring at the top of the Bacta tank would probably blend right in as technical looking detail.

Also, I saw your conference room MOC - very nice!  You're churning out MOCs faster that I can comment! :laugh:

Edited by lowlead
awkward grammar

17 hours ago, lowlead said:

There are vendors that make specialized lighting systems for MOCs, but you can also get two lights in 8293 Power Functions.  The resulting wiring at the top of the Bacta tank would probably blend right in as technical looking detail.

Also, I saw your conference room MOC - very nice!  You're churning out MOCs faster that I can comment! :laugh:

@lowlead The wiring as technical looking detail is an amazing idea! But the battery box is huuuge. 

I realised a few days ago that I have many left over MOCs that I could post here, for constructive feedback :). 

I have added the iconic Triangular shaped Control Station to the MOC and inserted this change already in the instructions: 

o_1dkr0koo81ndi1jbb495d4pp5cs.png

o_1dkr0koo8f7o1a0m1vd5jr01a47t.png

Template: 

battlefront-echo-base.png

What do you guys think ? Is this addition a benefit? 

On 9/16/2019 at 4:04 AM, LiLmeFromDaFuture said:

Yep, looks nice—fits in well with the rest of the build.

@LiLmeFromDaFuture Thx :wink:, I‘m currently awaiting the last Order from BrickLink, and then I will build this diorama in a few days ... , so stay tuned. I will definitely upload pics of the real MOC with figs inside :). 

On 10/9/2019 at 1:49 PM, dvogon said:

Nice MOC. I specially like the corridor with lot of detail.

@dvogon Thx dude, appreciate it! I truly put very much effort in designing the Ice Corridor as accurate as possible, but also integrate some creative liberty, f.e. the icicles, to make the overall look more authentic. 

I finally finished building my Medical Bay MOC :excited:, so here are some pics of it together with minifigs: 

o_1dn2hi7a0po11g9r7qk1q9jkg8o.jpg

Right side of the Ice Corridor: 

o_1dn2hi7a01rc011fmqs9o6b1orcp.jpg

Left side of the Ice Corridor: 

o_1dn2hi7a01h0785q16d176mkcdq.jpg

What do you guys think ? :classic:

Btw: This diorama MOC is an extremly delicate build, and to achive that, I used special legal building techniques and over 1.400 pieces :wink: . 

On 10/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, m4st3rt3ch said:

Very nice MOC! For lighting the tank you could use a single LED with button cell, like a LED-throwie without magnets.

@m4st3rt3ch Thank you :). That's a pretty clever idea, I will get such LEDs in the near future :thumbup:

On 10/14/2019 at 7:48 PM, Batman1 said:

This is fantastic! I love the detailing on the wall :wub:

@Batman1 Thx dude :wink:, I do also very much like the wall detailing. This was probably the most intense part, to get them look as accurat as possible in LEGO form!

Addition:

My MOCs "Hoth Echo Base Medical Bay with Corridor" and "Hoth Echo Base Command Center with Corridor" are designed so that they fit together perfectly and complement each other: 

o_1dndfjuhva3bsg61426d0t92go.png

o_1dndfjuhv1hi2darlfj1mu3p8in.jpg

I truly put a tremendous amount of time into designing both of them, and the newest Command Center MOC is hardly based on the original footage of TESB, where Han and Rieekan had their goodbye talk. That begins with the door design, up to every cargo container as well as the iconic dark blue (not black!) Control Consoles and the main Server. 

What do you guys think? :wink:

:excited: Please note, that you can get the Instructions for both of them in my own shop (link in the first post of mine). And even if you only want to know how some building techniques works for your own Echo Base MOCs, you can cleary use my Intructions for inspiration! As we all know, LEGO delivers a huge amount of freedom for building our most beloved scenes from SW. 

Great build again! The triangle shaped panel looks really nice, the sliding door looks cool too!

On 10/20/2019 at 2:19 AM, Reaper said:

Great build again! The triangle shaped panel looks really nice, the sliding door looks cool too!

@Reaper Thx dude :classic:, I needed to build the Triangular shaped Control Panel for the Med Bay, it's such an iconic shape both in TESB and SWBattlefront 2015/17! 

Really, really nice. I can easily see you put a lot of effort into this. I can tell by the realism and detailing that went into this build. I like the combination of having the rough, frozen corridor and the cleanness of the medical room. Any chance you will do similar builds in the future? 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:59 AM, Hollander said:

Really, really nice. I can easily see you put a lot of effort into this. I can tell by the realism and detailing that went into this build. I like the combination of having the rough, frozen corridor and the cleanness of the medical room. Any chance you will do similar builds in the future? 

@Hollander Thank you  very (!) much:wink:. It's very kind of you saying all that :blush:.

I truly put tremendous work and time into designing MOCs! I tried with both of my Hoth Echo Base MOCs, MedBay and CC, to get them on the one hand as accurate as possible in LEGO shape, and on the other hand to make them appealing (design choices, colour cobminations) and sturdy as well. 

I'm really proud of my MedBay for exactly the reason you've mentioned: The rough Ice Corridor vs the look of the kind of sterile looking MedCenter is a pretty great working combination. 

Glad you ask: I already build a Hoth Echo Base Hangar Bay 

--> 

Please note that you can get the Instructions for them (Hangar Bay, MedBay, Command Center) in my own Shop via link that is embedded in my first post under this Topic :excited:.

P.S.: Sorry for the late answer, I'm very busy at the moment. :classic: