Norton74

[MOC] Mariachi wagon and Mexican house

Mariachi wagon and Mexican house

One of the most vivid traditions of Mexico is surely the Mariachi culture. I’ve been always intrigued by Mariachi musicians and when LEGO released the Mariachi in Series 16 Collectible Minifigures I thought it was really cute and perfect for a Mexican themed MOC. 

My latest creation represents a classic Mexican scene: the Mariachi Wagon with the musicians on board ready to play the serenade to the beautiful girl on the terrace. On the right her father with his eyes well opened.
The house boasts a multi-level terrace structure, a couple of arbors covered by flowers and a large patio. Cactus and plants of all kind are all around.

In addition to the Mariachi, I also included in the diorama the Maraca Man (Series 2), Flamenco Dancer (Series 6), the Taco Tuesday Guy (the LEGO Movie) and the Cactus Girl (Series 18). 

Below few pictures:

48711123168_7a5162e117_b.jpg

48711451966_86ba3eeba0_b.jpg

48711449271_aafa11a4ca_b.jpg

48711114373_34453e3022_b.jpg

Hope you like it. More info and pictures on my Flickr.

Thanks for stopping by!

Wow, this one is really wonderfull !

All the colours fit very well with the immaculate white of the house.

So much details, some are crazy (this chair with the still sticked magical wands and reindeer horns ! :thumbup: ) the croco tail, the cactus minifig in pot, the candle under the stair, the well...

Well done man, that's killer !!

Err, perhaps one more pic with that Dark Gray add-on (with the crumbling roof) near to the cart ?

Amazing! This is one masterclass on building techniques and landscaping! The colors here are really pleasing too.

But some of the things that really stuck out to me was the small logs of wood jutting out from the wall, and the floor tiling in the entrance.

Really great work! :laugh: :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow, this one is really wonderfull !

All the colours fit very well with the immaculate white of the house.

So much details, some are crazy (this chair with the still sticked magical wands and reindeer horns ! :thumbup: ) the croco tail, the cactus minifig in pot, the candle under the stair, the well...

Well done man, that's killer !!

Err, perhaps one more pic with that Dark Gray add-on (with the crumbling roof) near to the cart ?

Thank you @Professor Thaum! I'm glad you noticed all the details :classic:

About the dark gray add-on it's the same I used in my previous Stranger Things MOC :wink: 

17 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Amazing! This is one masterclass on building techniques and landscaping! The colors here are really pleasing too.

But some of the things that really stuck out to me was the small logs of wood jutting out from the wall, and the floor tiling in the entrance.

Really great work! :laugh: :thumbup:

Thank you very much @Exe Sandbox :classic:

12 hours ago, Aine said:

Pretty cool! Lovely scene!

Thanks @Aine :thumbup::classic::wink:

35 minutes ago, leafan said:

This is really well done and in a setting not normally touched upon.

Thanks @leafan! Yes this kind of architecture is too few depicted in Lego.

Woah ...another beautiful MOC @Norton74! :excited:

There are so many incredible details: the beams that sprout from the wall, the lanterns hanging around, the wooden beams above the windows, the SNOTTED floor, the grilles of the main window and the colors ..this is a masterpiece! :wub_drool::thumbup:

Like it a lot.
Gives a real Mexican feel indeed. Not only the band in front of the house and the other figures, but also all those details like the wooden beams sticking out of the wall, the cactus and all those flowers. 
the Brick 'floor' in front of the house is well done too :classic:
And those 'flowerboxes', a lid of a treasure chest with two tiles under it, nice one.

Really lovely design.  I like the use of the printed wood pieces.  The house is very good.  I like the vines growing on the wooden canopies.  The ground looks great with the layered plates.  The wagon looks good.  I like the use of the dragon tail in the pot for a plant.  Great overall work.  

This is fantastic. I love almost everything, the colours, the scene, the actions, the overall size, all the related small and bigger parts. Masterpiece.

I'm going to save it for inspirations, if someday...

19 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Woah ...another beautiful MOC @Norton74! :excited:

There are so many incredible details: the beams that sprout from the wall, the lanterns hanging around, the wooden beams above the windows, the SNOTTED floor, the grilles of the main window and the colors ..this is a masterpiece! :wub_drool::thumbup:

Thank you very much @LEGO Train 12 Volts So glad you like this MOC :classic:

17 hours ago, neonic said:

Like it a lot.
Gives a real Mexican feel indeed. Not only the band in front of the house and the other figures, but also all those details like the wooden beams sticking out of the wall, the cactus and all those flowers. 
the Brick 'floor' in front of the house is well done too :classic:
And those 'flowerboxes', a lid of a treasure chest with two tiles under it, nice one.

Thanks a bunch @neonic, very appreciated :classic: :thumbup: :wink:

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Really lovely design.  I like the use of the printed wood pieces.  The house is very good.  I like the vines growing on the wooden canopies.  The ground looks great with the layered plates.  The wagon looks good.  I like the use of the dragon tail in the pot for a plant.  Great overall work.  

Thank you @zoth33 very appreciated:wink:

9 hours ago, miniman said:

This is fantastic. I love almost everything, the colours, the scene, the actions, the overall size, all the related small and bigger parts. Masterpiece.

I'm going to save it for inspirations, if someday...

Thanks for your kind words, very appreciated @miniman I look forward to seeing your Mexican-themed MOC :wink:

Edited by Norton74

So cute and happy! Your build is bursting with charming details and an overall such a positive vibe. It makes me want to spend my holiday there. :classic:

2 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

So cute and happy! Your build is bursting with charming details and an overall such a positive vibe. It makes me want to spend my holiday there. :classic:

Thanks a lot for your kind words @Littleworlds, hope to spend holidays together in Mexico :wink:

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous. We don't see many mexican/mariachi themed MOC's and you delivered one that has everything. Great colors and details and a variety of cool minifigs. I'd love to see a whole town built like that. :)

I really like this one. At  the first look it doesn't look that complex. But when you take you rime you see a lot if great details! Very nice!

On 10/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, peedeejay said:

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous. We don't see many mexican/mariachi themed MOC's and you delivered one that has everything. Great colors and details and a variety of cool minifigs. I'd love to see a whole town built like that. :)

many thanks @peedeejay, glad you like the whole scene and details :sweet:

On 10/6/2019 at 9:36 AM, Boindil Lego said:

I really like this one. At  the first look it doesn't look that complex. But when you take you rime you see a lot if great details! Very nice!

Thank you @Boindil :wink:

On 4/2/2022 at 6:40 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Definitely taking notes on this one for future reference.  Tons of great parts reference

Thanks! Very glad you like it!
Have a nice day buddy!