Sign in to follow this  
ks6349

Does Sunshine Surfer Van 31079 match well with other CITY vehicles?

I've recently got a lot of CITY vehicles like 60220, 60239 Police patrol car, as well as 60223 and the one with helicopter (of CITY as well), however, I have never got a 

vehicle from 3in1 creator set, and I am seeing it (31079) on deals and sales all the time,

do you think it will match other city vehicles well in terms of proportion, or overall impression? If it won't, then I will just skip it, because I hope to get something matching well at least in terms of proportional

Edited by ks6349

It is a little bigger than the usual city vehicles. Actually it is more on proportion with the minifig scale. I always thought that the city vehicles are too small. 

But it is a great set and it fits the beach on my city layout (that still on early stages).

I like the yellow color of the little truck but hope it's not out of proportion with other CITY vehicles too much

19 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Actually it is more on proportion with the minifig scale. I always thought that the city vehicles are too small. 

I think it depends on how you define minifig scale. In terms of getting the right number of minifigs to fit into a vehicle, this one fits the bill. But because minifigs have such odd proportions, any vehicle that can fit the right number will look really oversized. Look at this one, for example. I’ve never seen a surfer van that’s twice as tall as a person! Even the City cars are often oversized this way (even the smallest City sedan is taller than a miningure).

ks6349, the different scales of City vehicles mean that this may fit in. Just keep in mind that it will be wider than your garbage truck.

Edited by Still Raindrop

1 hour ago, Still Raindrop said:

I think it depends on how you define minifig scale. In terms of getting the right number of minifigs to fit into a vehicle, this one fits the bill. But because minifigs have such odd proportions, any vehicle that can fit the right number will look really oversized. Look at this one, for example. I’ve never seen a surfer van that’s twice as tall as a person! Even the City cars are often oversized this way (even the smallest City sedan is taller than a miningure).

ks6349, the different scales of City vehicles mean that this may fit in. Just keep in mind that it will be wider than your garbage truck.

Garbage truck of this year (60220) is a very very nice truck. 31079 here sold at $25, good price or not?