Evans

Lego AFOL activities in Germany?

Hello,

I will come in Germany for a university year at the end of September, and I am wondering what are the main activities AFOLs do in Germany, particulary in Düsseldorf and Nordrhein-Westfalen, where I will study. What are the main and most interesting exhibitions to visit? Are there meetings to see other German AFOLs? I couldn't find a comprehensive list of German exhibitions of 2019 and 2020.

As a fan of 80's and vintage Lego, I've always considered Germany as "the" country to go to expand my collection and to see great Lego train layouts. I've seen so many impressive layouts and MOCs from German train fans, it's crazy compared to what is Lego train hobby in France.

Also, I like visiting yard sales in France to buy used Lego, so is it a popular way of selling toys there? Are there websites where people sells their used things where I can make good deals?

Are there "good adresses" of used lego shops, local BL shops or Lego museums that I could visit during my stay?

Hi, our 1000steine.de ambassador Dirk Frantzen @Dirk1313 lives in this area and they have regular meetings in a pub/restaurant. I've contacted him via private message at 1000steine.de. You may also contact him via Eurobricks, he is here as well: @Dirk1313

The local club is MBFR http://mbfr.org/, but I can't tell, how often they meet and which will be the next expo.

Welcome to Germany and best regards,

Holger

Hello there :)

I don't know about France, but in addition to HoMa's advice regarding Germany, you can check the corresponding forum sections on Doctor Brick -> https://www.doctor-brick.de/forums/aktuelle-veranstaltungen-und-events.21/ or on www.1000steine.de -> https://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?show=1&cat=3 for upcoming events.

Have fun on your trip and a safe journey!

Hello guys,

Thank you a lot for your links! I'm almost installed, so I think I will participate to the restaurant held on 12th October in Oberhausen.

I'm already making a calendar with all events I plan on attending.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:38 AM, Evans said:

Hello,

I will come in Germany for a university year at the end of September, and I am wondering what are the main activities AFOLs do in Germany, particulary in Düsseldorf and Nordrhein-Westfalen, ...

Are there "good adresses" of used lego shops, local BL shops or Lego museums that I could visit during my stay?

Hello.

One hint if you like to see the bigger picture over the edge of the plate. In Paderborn, about 1,5-2 hours from Duesseldorf is a neat shop named "Steingemachtes" It sells cool bricksets from alternative brands like Cobi or Cada. (Legit sets, no plagiarism) The shop owner is known from his youtube channel "Johnnys World", so he also sells his "Johnnys World " mugs. And believe it or not,  the coffee tastes much better from his "Johnny's World" mug. :drool:

Hello,

I will come in Germany for a university year at the end of September, and I am wondering what are the main activities AFOLs do in Germany, particulary in Düsseldorf and Nordrhein-Westfalen, where I will study. What are the main and most interesting exhibitions to visit? Are there meetings to see other German AFOLs? I couldn't find a comprehensive list of German exhibitions of 2019 and 2020.

As a fan of 80's and vintage Lego, I've always considered Germany as "the" country to go to expand my collection and to see great Lego train layouts. I've seen so many impressive layouts and MOCs from German train fans, it's crazy compared to what is Lego train hobby in France.

Also, I like visiting yard sales in France to buy used Lego, so is it a popular way of selling toys there? Are there websites where people sells their used things where I can make good deals?

Hi Evans

you can join our local 1000steine.de community meetings if you like - here are the next dates and places:

November 15 - 18:30 - Oberhausen, Steakhaus El Paso ("Zum Treppchen"), Stöckmannstraße 66 - http://www.steakhaus-elpaso.de//

December 14 - 18:00 - Restaurant Unfassbar - Viersen -> please let me know if you would like to join as this is our Christmas meeting with buffet

I also recommend that you register on our Forum: https://www.1000steine.de and apply for our „Stammtisch Gruppe“ for NRW:

https://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/gruppen/?gac=w&gid=90

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards

Dirk

Hello,

Hello Evans,

I live at the northern edge  of North-Rhine-Westphalia and at the moment I (re)assamble my (classic)  town.

I hope, that somehow next year I will have everything done :). Then there will be a bunch of gatherings at my place - maybe you can/want to join?

Greets, Ralf

Edited by Cran

Hello Ralf,

It would be with big pleasure to see your big classic Town. I've been following and admirating its expansions for several years, so it would very great to see it in reality!

Hello Dirk,

I will try to register on 1000steine this weekend, it's in my to-do list for a while.

Many thanks for the meetings dates, I have courses on Saturday 15th, so I won't be able to join. However, I will consider the 14th December, I will notice you in some weeks to be sure.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:23 PM, Evans said:

Hello Dirk,

I will try to register on 1000steine this weekend, it's in my to-do list for a while.

Many thanks for the meetings dates, I have courses on Saturday 15th, so I won't be able to join. However, I will consider the 14th December, I will notice you in some weeks to be sure.

Ok, let us stay in touch.