SteamSewnEmpire

This garbage truck really needs more support.

I know I'm not the only person who likes Lego garbage trucks. These stinky vehicles - which I admittedly do pretty much everything possible to avoid IRL - for some reason really seem to transition well into this medium. And this probably helps explain why Lego has made a habit of releasing them once every 1-2 years (although, unfortunately, 2019's version is a Junior's set that more resembles a dump truck than something working for waste management).

However, I'd argue that nothing Lego has ever done has come close to approaching this Lego ideas project:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7d7f4e15-55e7-44c4-bb30-3a66b9cc0598

In my part of the world, these side-armed vehicles are now the "standard" garbage truck in residential areas. And, not only does this kid (or, at least, the person doing the narration on the video is a child; I'm pretty convinced the design is by an actual adult) properly nail the proportions of this machine, but the inner workings are bang-on, too.

Normally, I try not to worry over Ideas stuff in general, but this submission really deserves to make it to 10k, and - at least by my estimate - it isn't going to get there in the next year unless word spreads. I have absolutely no connection to the truck's creator, but I'd like to own this one, so it would be nice to see people spread the word a little.

Wow, that is glorious. Nice job! Making it a Mack gives it that classic cool.

If you ever do the 6w, would you mind sharing the .lxf? I'd like to build it, and - knowing Lego - even if the original design makes it, they'll probably reject it anyway :P. 

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

8 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

If you ever do the 6w, would you mind sharing the .lxf? I'd like to build it, and - knowing Lego - even if the original design makes it, they'll probably reject it anyway :P. 

Not meaning to be rude, but can't you figure it out by yourself in LDD? its a pretty simple design, the video literally shows every aspect in clear detail... Since you obviously point out that it wont happen as an ideas set, therefore just wanting the file - why not recreate it yourself  - instead of asking others for it?

1 hour ago, Ron Dayes said:

Not meaning to be rude, but can't you figure it out by yourself in LDD? its a pretty simple design, the video literally shows every aspect in clear detail... Since you obviously point out that it wont happen as an ideas set, therefore just wanting the file - why not recreate it yourself  - instead of asking others for it?

Uh, well, for starters, I have absolutely no idea how it's made. I never owned technic kits as a kid. Second, I said "if" he ever made a 6w model - not "go make a 6w model for me right now." There's an enormous difference. Prefacing something with "not to be rude" isn't a free pass to turn around and be exactly that. 

10 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Hi, if it doesn't get pass the process I will upload my version file to a Facebook group I help moderate. I have already uploaded a lot of my LDD files to the groups file area. It is called "Lego Auto Group (Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycle MOCs)". Join and see the amazing MOC's there. :) Allan 

1 hour ago, AllanSmith said:

Hi, if it doesn't get pass the process I will upload my version file to a Facebook group I help moderate. I have already uploaded a lot of my LDD files to the groups file area. It is called "Lego Auto Group (Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycle MOCs)". Join and see the amazing MOC's there. :) Allan 

Are there still Mack dumptrucks around, or is that sort of a hybrid? As I said - it came out great.