Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[O5 - Junction - CS] A Turn of Events

*Your entry has earned 8 XP*

Previously

At Gradalla's fortress:

800x669.jpg

Gradalla: Your men have seen that I captured Mick. I am putting him in one of my cells now.

800x359.jpg

Gradalla: He will make fine entertainment for my Bull Rancor.

800x719.jpg

Gradalla: And now to discuss my price.

Imperial Officer Faust: Yes, yes. You will get your credits.

Gradalla: Standard credits, none of your Imperial Credits. With the death of the Emperor those are worthless to me.

Faust: I could book you for treason, but then where would our business partnership be? Yes, your credits will be Standard.

Gradalla: Then you can be on your way.

Faust: Ah, that leads me to the next matter we must discuss. I will be leaving a battalion of troops with you. I trust your services Gradalla, but I don't trust your greed. I don't want Mick being sold to other bidder after I'm gone. So my men will remain to ensure my credits were well spent when I hired you.

Gradalla: This is outrageous!

Faust: We could re-visit having you imprisoned for prison if you'd like.

Gradalla seethes, but says nothing. 

Faust: No? That's what I thought.

Faust leaves while Gradalla returns inside. Later that day, his Pau'an majordomo came to him with an intelligence report.

Majordomo: Sire, my connections in the marketplace inform me that CorSec has discovered our involvement in capturing one of their own. They have a strike team which will likely try to storm the fortress soon. Shall I alert the guards?

Gradalla looks at his Majordomo: Indeed, I think we may have just found a solution to our Imperial problem.

800x503.jpg

Mick's team scouted the Fortress and decided to attack at dusk. They rushed in along the wall's edge to try to remain hidden from view as long as possible.

800x756.jpg

While they crept in from the ground, there was a commotion on the walls.

800x837.jpg

Gradalla's guards took out the Stormtroopers while they were distracted by CorSec's approach.

800x1004.jpg

Within view of the walkway now, Mick's team stopped short. Gradalla himself was waiting there for them!

Gradalla: It would seem we have a mutual enemy. I know you're here to rescue Mick. And I have an Imperial garrison I need removed. We could all shoot at each other, but how about a deal? I'll call my men off. If you can take care of the Imperial troops Mick is free to go. You get your man and I get rid of the Empire. Do we have a deal?

800x555.jpg

It wasn't ideal, but the choice was an easy one. Mick's team were let into the jail cell area and rushed the guards.

800x533.jpg

Not expecting to be attacked by CorSec troops, the Stormtroopers were quickly overwhelmed. True to his word, Gradalla released Mick from his cell.

800x500.jpg

Gradalla: I hope we can come to an understanding now. You have your man, I have my Fortress. I meant nothing personal by capturing your leader. Business is business you know. You are free to leave, but I would hurry. I expect the Imperials to be on your tail as soon as they realize what you've done to their troopers.

Sari: You scum bag! You told the Imperials about us being here didn't you!

Mick: No Sari, I appreciate your enthusiasm. But I suspect it's more due to the Imperial Office behind this, Faust. We've crossed paths before and he would go to a lot of trouble to make sure I don't make it off this planet. We should hurry.

Edited by goatman461