Ecclesiastes

[PRESS RELEASE] 10267 - Gingerbread House

10267 Gingerbread House

48717742982_b20931e887_c.jpg

Ages 12+. 1477 pieces

US $99.99  CA $139.99  DE €89.99  UK £84.99 – FR €94.99  DK 799DKK –AUD $159.99

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Gather the family and build the wonderful Gingerbread House!

Enjoy a festive build and play experience with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10267 Gingerbread House. A treasure chest of magical details, this amazing model features frosted roofs with colorful candy buttons and a delicious facade with candy-cane columns, glittery windows and a tall chimney stack with a glowing fireplace. Inside the house there’s an array of fun details and candy furnishings including a tasteful bedroom with chocolate bed and cotton candy lamp, and a bathroom with the essential toilet and bathtub. This wonderful LEGO Gingerbread House sets the scene for imaginative adventures with the gingerbread family. Children can light up the cozy fireplace, help clear the sidewalk with the snow blower and nestle the gingerbread baby in its carriage. It also includes a decorated Christmas tree with wrapped gifts and toys, including a rocking horse and a toy train. This advanced LEGO set delivers a challenging and rewarding building experience and makes a great seasonal centerpiece for the home or office. Includes gingerbread man, woman and baby figures.

·         Includes 3 LEGO® figures: a gingerbread man, gingerbread woman and gingerbread baby.

·         The Gingerbread House features frosted roofs with colorful candy buttons, a rich facade with candy cane columns and walking sticks, glittery windows and a tall chimney stack with a glowing fireplace, plus a detailed interior, brick-built baby carriage and a snow blower.

·         Gingerbread House interior features an array of fun details and candy-style furnishings, including a bedroom with chocolate bed and cotton-candy lamp, and a bathroom with the essential toilet and bathtub!

·         Also includes a Christmas tree with wrapped gifts and toys, including a rocking horse and a toy train.

·         Check out the yummy candy-cane signposts!

·         Press down on the chimney-smoke button to set the fire aglow!

·         Children will love imaginative play with the gingerbread family.

·         Help the gingerbread lady nestle the gingerbread baby in the carriage.

·         Accessory elements include a baby bottle, cups, frying pan and an axe.

·         Special elements include a new-for-August-2019 gold bar element in tan and transparent 1x1 glitter bricks in purple.

·         Measures over 8” (21cm) high, 10” (26cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.

LEGO Creator Expert Gingerbread House is available directly from shop.LEGO.com and LEGO Retail stores from September 18th for LEGO VIP members and October 1st for all other builders.

48717744677_539226eb80_c.jpg

48717562931_86f8326573_c.jpg

48717739747_b95b16c1d3_c.jpg

48717732842_7d4a2e0ce4_c.jpg

48717223958_2308c29927_c.jpg

48717559611_891b28826e_c.jpg

48717745152_4c861a084a_c.jpg

48717746037_cbe1a0dce5_c.jpg48717746557_672fe226e9_c.jpg

48717747232_e17016c7f9_c.jpg

48717224433_4f57cdd89e_c.jpg

48717573701_f205d94cca_c.jpg

48717232008_a930408a7d_c.jpg

48717574451_1938702c30_c.jpg

Amazing set, and I don't even collect Winter Village sets.

This fits right in a Creator 3-in-1 / City scale town.

I have no problem with open-back buildings, and both the interior and exterior are great.

Also could be easily modified into a regular non-winter style house.

Edited by TeriXeri

Steep price for a bland set with just 2 minifigs. I'm sort of provoked that LEGO in their official press release tries to pass the gingerbread baby TILE off as a 3rd figure... :hmpf_bad:

53 minutes ago, Hive said:

Steep price for a bland set with just 2 minifigs. I'm sort of provoked that LEGO in their official press release tries to pass the gingerbread baby TILE off as a 3rd figure... :hmpf_bad:

While I'd say it's far from bland (can you explain how its bland? It's packed with details, even has a toilet and bath! Not many 'building' sets have a toilet and a bath.) I do agree it's a bit cheeky passing off the tile as a figure... 

All in all though, a lovely looking set I'll be getting ASAP. 

It looks nice but that chimney is one big eyesore. Move it to the side and make it even. If you put it at the front at least make it a feature piece. Price is nice though. 

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

While I'd say it's far from bland (can you explain how its bland? It's packed with details, even has a toilet and bath! Not many 'building' sets have a toilet and a bath.) I do agree it's a bit cheeky passing off the tile as a figure... 

All in all though, a lovely looking set I'll be getting ASAP. 

Perhaps I was a bit harsh, but I do feel disappointed by the outside of the house. I agree that it has a lot of details inside, though.

And yeah, the lack of minifigures - and them trying to pass off a tile as one - disappoints me greatly. I believe the lowest count before this was 5 minifigs, and usually I believe the count has been around 8 on average,

Pleasantly surprised by this set!

I must admit I had my doubts about getting a Gingerbread house and not a “proper” Winter Village building this year, but it’s actually really well executed.

@Hive - agree the minifig count is a bit low for the price / compared to previous WV sets though

Edited by ElectroDiva

I'm going to go ahead and say "whew, thank goodness I don't have to worry about this one." For starters, I think real gingerbread is yucky stuff, so I'm in no way driven to own a Lego version. More importantly, the house itself is hideous - especially that massive fireplace front-and-center. It looks like a throwback McMansion from the early 1990s. 

I am far from the target audience of this set, but I know some people who love Winter Village and I am sure they will be thrilled to see this creation.  Really nice details and colors in each of the rooms of the house, and it probably wouldn't take much work to re-color the exterior to convert it to a "normal" house.  That might actually be a fun family activity: build the set as a Gingerbread house during the Christmas season, re-color it to normal mode after the New Year, and then re-decorate it with different Lego "candy" colors/features in successive Christmas seasons.

It would certainly be a bit less messy than an edible Gingerbread house.  No sticky icing or sugary candy elements to have to wipe off the floor or scrub out of a kids' hair!

I think this set will do well.  It is eye catching and different from past Winter Village buildings.  

The building is fine, especially the interior (although what's up with that exterior-facing fireplace?). 

However, I find the mini-figs very off-putting with their flat heads, dead eyes, and creepy smiles. That's less "Christmas cheer" and more "nightmare fuel."

3 hours ago, Joebot said:

The building is fine, especially the interior (although what's up with that exterior-facing fireplace?).

Exterior fireplaces make sense for entertaining outside; same purpose as a fire pit, but attached to the house. In fact a good friend of mine's house has that feature.

Edited by gotoAndLego

15 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Interesting outdoor/indoor fireplace. Are they eating cookies, their own kind? 

Cannibals at Christmas time! 

I love it. It’s exactly what I was hoping for. A normal enough looking house, although the fireplace/chimney is something I haven’t personally seen before.  It’s definitely those overexcited decorators’ house. 

A shame the minifig count is so low. They could’ve added two “ugly Christmas sweater” folks to also fill the house instead of the gingerbread family. 

That tile cookie baby brings a whole new literal meaning to the term of pregnancy 'a bun in the oven' :head_back:

Also, I see myself getting 2 of these to make a complete building. I feel it lends itself well to it, and... The more I look at it, the more I really like it even though it doesn't reeeeaaally fit in with existing WV buildings, it's still a nice addition to have off to the side kinda thing. 

I was initially pretty disappointed when the rumors came out about a gingerbread house. I'm happy to see that I was completely wrong. This thing looks absolutely stunning! It should looks amazing next to Santas workshop.

4 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

That tile cookie baby brings a whole new literal meaning to the term of pregnancy 'a bun in the oven' :head_back:

Also, I see myself getting 2 of these to make a complete building. I feel it lends itself well to it, and... The more I look at it, the more I really like it even though it doesn't reeeeaaally fit in with existing WV buildings, it's still a nice addition to have off to the side kinda thing. 

You could repurpose the inside & make it a candy store. It would stick out a bit much, but could work I think. 

14 hours ago, Joebot said:

However, I find the mini-figs very off-putting with their flat heads, dead eyes, and creepy smiles. That's less "Christmas cheer" and more "nightmare fuel."

I agree about the mini-figs, when I get the set they are going to banished to a planet far, far away.  They are slightly terrifying. 

Interesting model. I'm definitely not the most credited to comment on this model (I don't have a single WV set!) but I think that it's one of those models that looks better from a distance than from close up. I get the cartoonised idea, but a little more actual architectural detail would have done no bad. Plus, I think that the reddish brown façade is a tad dark, dark orange I think would have worked better.

That said, it seems much larger than 1400 bricks. I mean, full interior and large exterior. The roofs are a huge plus, they offer magnificent visual presence and open up interior space. The chimney is a cool idea and I really like the simple but nice stocking build.

10 hours ago, InkyStar said:

I agree about the mini-figs, when I get the set they are going to banished to a planet far, far away.  They are slightly terrifying. 

Island of Misfit Toys perhaps? :tongue: