Ecclesiastes

[PRESS RELEASE] 10267 - Gingerbread House

So I am totally confused by TLG here.  First they offer a Toy Shop with a huge Christmas tree for a holiday set.  Then they follow this up with a Post Office so you can create your own little Winter Village.  This is followed up by a Bakery, Cottage and a Market.  All the main builds are nice, each included one or two nice side builds. Really moving forward to make....a nice winter village.  Then they offer Santa's workshop.  Ok, little out there but still Wintery ( I made this word up...its my moc).  Then they re-release the Toy Shop, ok whether this was a last minimum thing or planned it is still sticking with the theme.  Then they offer a Train and a Station. On track for expanding on....a Winter Village.  Last year we get a Fire Station, ok most villages have a Fire Station.  To this point TLG doing pretty good staying on the Winter Village theme here.

This years Ginger Bread house, whether you like it or not (I think it looks like a perfectly fine set) is not...I repeat not part of a Winter Village.  Have no idea what TLG was thinking here.  If they wanted to offer a Ginger Bread house, no problem, this could have easily been released outside the Winter Village theme.  With so many more building we need to complete our Winter Villages cannot say it enough how really disappoint in the direction TLG chose this year.  How are we to expand the Ginger Bread theme?  Are they going to offer Ginger Bread battle packs?

Not to be too negative here, really just disappointed and confused by TLG decision here.  Just to repeat, the set looks fine.  I would be happy to own this set, just not as part of the Winter Village theme.  I was fearing this outcome this summer and purchased the Carousel set as told its going out of production soon.  Will moc it into a more wintery scene.  My kids will love it and all with will good with the world.  Hopefully next year TLG get back to their roots on their next offering.

Totally agree with LegoDW - it's a fine set (and I'll probably pick it up), but it doesn't feel like part of the Winter Village (even with the extra icing/snow on it).  I have excitement for expanding the Winter Village, and there's no excitement here for me.  I also didn't care for Santa's Workshop, but at least it's winter holiday-themed and can kind of fit in with the village as an attraction at the winter market/fair.

If this was part of a Fantasy Village or UCS Cloud Cuckoo Land or something along those lines that'd be fine, but this one falls flat for me with the lack of a "proper" Winter Village set this year.

But, again, removing that criticism, I think it's a nice design with some clever and fun features.

Well, we love this one.
The design of the building is really nice, inside and out. The façade with the fireplace is perfect.
I was afraid it would be a bit all too colourful and tacky, but it turned out really nice.
No problem fitting this in our Village, a lot better than Santa's Workshop.

Also like the idea stated above to put this in a separate part with Santa's Workshop, connecting this part with the village by means of a train. We have two different WV train stations. so this could be very nice.
Looking forward to building and displaying it in December.

I really like this set, and will definitely add it to my collection (maybe not this year though). The one thing I do not like is the fireplace being open to the outside... that doesn't make any sense to me. Other than that: prett much perfect! :thumbup:

Hah, the baby is a tile! Tile babies!

Anyway has nobody mentioned the transparent yellow pieces that make that star? They look like separate pieces anyway. 1x1 tile with one extended corner? 

Big if true. Lots of uses in Space mocs. 

4 hours ago, danth said:

Hah, the baby is a tile! Tile babies!

Anyway has nobody mentioned the transparent yellow pieces that make that star? They look like separate pieces anyway. 1x1 tile with one extended corner? 

Big if true. Lots of uses in Space mocs. 

Yup! From the Elves theme. I had the exact same thought when I saw those in Trans. Yellow!

It will be going into my Winter Village - and I know right now my daughter will love the fact it has a bathroom - but I will be turfing the gingerbread parents and removing all trace of them from the house. The baby will make it into my WV, it will be for sale in the market cookie stall.

Saw the built set in my Lego store today, and it is quite a bit smaller than I expected from the pictures. Still a great set though, and I'll get it sooner or later.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but this seems pretty close to this below rejected submission to Lego Ideas.

Spoiler

resize:800:450

I guess they can do that if they want though.

Nah, those two builds are different enough that I have no trouble believing there's no connection.  I bet the Creator Expert team had no idea that Ideas project existed.

The price for this set is amazing. The price per piece ratio is fantastic compared to previous year winter village sets. 

On 10/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, leafan said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but this seems pretty close to this below rejected submission to Lego Ideas

I guess they can do that if they want though.

They're not that similar apart from being based on the same type of subject matter (one that Lego has already depicted before in sets, natch). The architectural style, scale, and details of the set have very little in common with that Ideas project.

I built this the other day, and am delighted someone finally made a sturdy roof for one of these sets! I think it's my favourite part of the whole build. So many of the previous ones fall apart easily, so I might see if theres away to use this technique to make them stronger.

I don't like the bathroom, having the toilet comes across as juvenile, but chance are one of the new poop pieces will find it's way there...  

Also, I am going to borrow the gingerbread kid idea mentioned above, hopefully have legsthe right color.

The only thing that sort of bugs me about this set is that I feel like the walls and roof of the house should be medium nougat like the chimney.  I think that color looks much more like gingerbread than the reddish brown they used for the walls and roof.  To me, it looks more like a chocolate house with gingerbread chimney.

Sal

WFB, WI

On 9/14/2019 at 7:42 AM, LegoDW said:

This years Ginger Bread house, whether you like it or not (I think it looks like a perfectly fine set) is not...I repeat not part of a Winter Village.  Have no idea what TLG was thinking here.  If they wanted to offer a Ginger Bread house, no problem, this could have easily been released outside the Winter Village theme.  With so many more building we need to complete our Winter Villages cannot say it enough how really disappoint in the direction TLG chose this year.  How are we to expand the Ginger Bread theme?  Are they going to offer Ginger Bread battle packs?

Not to be too negative here, really just disappointed and confused by TLG decision here.  Just to repeat, the set looks fine.  I would be happy to own this set, just not as part of the Winter Village theme.  I was fearing this outcome this summer and purchased the Carousel set as told its going out of production soon.  Will moc it into a more wintery scene.  My kids will love it and all with will good with the world.  Hopefully next year TLG get back to their roots on their next offering,

Gingerbread battle packs . . :laugh:

I cannot agree enough. Especially as a 10-year-anniversary set. Just, why? I’d much rather have had a rerelease of the Bakery or Post Office than this, I missed those.

Actually, come to think of it why couldn’t they have rereleased the Bakery alongside the Gingerbread House? They tie together thematically, both in the concept of winter and baked goods, there’d be simultaneously something new and something distinctly Winter Village, they really should have done that. Missed opportunity, Lego . . maybe we’ll see a Bakery rerelease next year? We got the Train and then the Train Station sequentially. 

I hope this one does poorly so that we'll get a regular building again next year...