Zilmrud

The journey of Parzival - Desert Illusions (Chapter I, part III)

The journey of Parzival
Chapter I, part III
Desert Illusions

Chapter I, Part I - The Wakeup
Chapter I, Part II - Arkbri River Oasis

The things that happened in the oasis changed the whole situation for Z and the other prisoners. Maybe just running away wasn’t an option. They had to find some other way. 
But one thing they had learned. Left-Eye told the others that he had some very clear images coming to him when be escaped. The further away from the caravan he came the more images came to him. The images was random and didn't make sense at all. It was clear that the mage had some spell on the prisoners that took away their memories. 
After the incident Left-Eye started to have daydreams. At first it was abstract things but after awhile he could describe some detailed images of him in some kind of Town or City. Maybe this was memories from his past. They had all heard the guard say "The thief from Sionnach" when he talked about Left-Eye. And the mage anger when he said it. It must have something to do with his past that the mage wanted to hide from them.

A few days after the oasis Z was lying in the floor of the carriage trying to get some shadow. The heat in the middle of the day was exhausting, and the water and food was very meager. Everyone felt that they had very little energy and tried go use it with caution.

48716112508_c389ed2535.jpg

"- Meat, meat, hungry! Kraaah"

48421529676_7a63500ba4_s.jpg "- What!" Z lifted his head a bit to see who was talking.

48716444981_b2ab3366f3.jpg

Everyone in the carriage was sitting or lying down trying to rest. Z lay down again thinking he must have dreamt something. He closed his eyes again.

"- Kraaah, food, food!" Z heard some crackling sounds and some voice in his head at the same time.

48421863067_4d3db0352d_s.jpg  "- Get away you crazy bird" The guard started to wave his hands in the air.

Z sat up again, his head pounding. Something scratched the bars on top of the cage

48716444831_9f977a41fc.jpg

"- Silly man! Kraaah. Your eyes I eat If you sleep". Z heard someone…  or something say in his head. He saw a small shadow move on top of the cloth draping the carriage and heard a tapping and scratching sound in the bars.

48716444521_e13865a09d.jpg

48421529676_7a63500ba4_s.jpg  "- Who' s speaking?" Z whispered.

No one answered him. Hammer moved a bit in his sleep.

48716616287_0d21841d75.jpg

And the shadow was walking around on top of the Cage. Could it be a bird or something? Z was thinking.

48716615952_a191aa2711.jpg

He was a bit nauseous and leaned against the bars. It's silly, he taught, how can a bird talk? Then he saw that the shadow stopped moving around and was completely still. Z squinted with his eyes and looked at the shadow. He saw something round and shimmering in a hole in the cloth where the shadow was. Was it….? No, it couldn't be, he thought. Was it an eye?

48716616027_a265e8a816.jpg

48716616027_a265e8a816_s.jpg  "- I see you, Kraaah!" The voice came from inside of his head. "- You have meat!?"

Z froze. Did the bird just talk to him or was he talking to himself? 

48716616027_a265e8a816_s.jpg  ”- Hungry! You have meat?"

I tried to talk to himself again inside his head.

48421529676_7a63500ba4_s.jpg  ”- Can you hear me?”

48716616027_a265e8a816_s.jpg  ”- Yes, kraaah! Stupid walker. You have meat!?” The bird started to move again. It stopped by another hole in the cloth and looked down at Z.

48421529676_7a63500ba4_s.jpg  ”- Erm, are you talking to me, bird?” 

48716616027_a265e8a816_s.jpg  ”- Yes walker! No bird, kraw. Got meat? Got food Kraaah” the bird started to walk around again.

48421529676_7a63500ba4_s.jpg  ”- Do you mean that you are a crow?”

48716616027_a265e8a816_s.jpg  ”- Stupid walker! No meat! Kraaaah!” The crow flew away. 

Z was in chock. What had just happened? he thought. He felt very tired suddenly. He sunk down and fell into a deep sleep.

Next Chapter

Spoiler

For this MOC I only did small close ups of smaller builds, for a change :grin:

I had wrote this part of the story and saw a beautiful crow on instagram. It was Cesar Corvus Auriac's crow he built with 20 parts. A great creation. So I got his permission to use his creation in my MOC. All credd to him! Here is the MOC:

48594231497_92f6a0dd33_m.jpg

Here is a pic of the builds for this MOC:

48716615852_dec0cd0dff.jpg

Edited by Zilmrud

Really interesting to see where this story takes Z and his buddies, looking forward to the rest! 

It's cool once again how you blend different things, even different scales for the pictures.  One thing though, Z is bad at finding shade, he's in the one sunny spot :wink: . Haha, great build and funny bird! 

1 hour ago, adde51 said:

Really interesting to see where this story takes Z and his buddies, looking forward to the rest! 

Thanks man! Next time they may be at the doors of Mophet :wink:

4 minutes ago, W Navarre said:

It's cool once again how you blend different things, even different scales for the pictures.  One thing though, Z is bad at finding shade, he's in the one sunny spot :wink: . Haha, great build and funny bird! 

Hahaha. It was hard to take a photo from above without giving him to much shade from the camera :laugh:   

You did a great job here with closeups and forced perspectives.  It reminds me of a comic book or movie, with some close up scenes that cut between one another.  It really drew me into the story.  I love that style of storytelling.  Huge, intricate MOCs are great showpieces, but these sets of clips really tend to drive whatever narrative you're going for, and I think you did a great job.  I also love the crow!  Great job, and I can't wait to see where the story goes next!

Really nice perspectives here.  The bird looks great.  I really like the shot with just the birds head.  Nice building with the wooden framing.  Neat story too, it will be interesting to see where this leads.  

1 hour ago, Grover said:

You did a great job here with closeups and forced perspectives.  It reminds me of a comic book or movie, with some close up scenes that cut between one another.  It really drew me into the story.  I love that style of storytelling.  Huge, intricate MOCs are great showpieces, but these sets of clips really tend to drive whatever narrative you're going for, and I think you did a great job.  I also love the crow!  Great job, and I can't wait to see where the story goes next!

Thanks man! The storytelling is the thing that got me interested in GoH. In events/exhibitions you rarely have time to tell the story of the MOC. People tend to zoom out after 30 seconds or so ?

Now that I'm nearly finished with HSS I can focus on my sigfig's story. He has a long way to go before he finds his way back...

55 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Really nice perspectives here.  The bird looks great.  I really like the shot with just the birds head.  Nice building with the wooden framing.  Neat story too, it will be interesting to see where this leads.  

Thanks. He will slowly learn about his past and who and what he is. Why can he understand some animals? Why did he and Hoves feel the mages energy from his spell? Will the escape the slave trader? Many question marks that has to be straightened! :hmpf_bad::wink:

Edited by Zilmrud

The slave wagon and desert landscape are both very nice, but I really like how you built a scaled up crow for the close shot :wub:
Very gripping story as always!

On 12/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, soccerkid6 said:

The slave wagon and desert landscape are both very nice, but I really like how you built a scaled up crow for the close shot :wub:
Very gripping story as always!

Thanks man! Sorry for the late answer, I've been a bit off lately =)  It was fun building the crow with the close up =)