LEGO Train 12 Volts

Cement Plant

Hello everyone,

as promised some months ago I want to present my new industrial area with cement plant and the weigh station. :classic:

Insired by @Ymarilego and after seeing other pictures of cement plants for H0 trains layout  I wanted to create my own area.

Combined with the Steel Mill now my lego city can count on the production of reinforced cement concrete :wink:

cement-002.jpg

Cement manufacturing is a complex process that begins with mining and then grinding raw materials that include limestone and clay, to a fine powder, called raw meal, which is then heated to a sintering temperature as high as 1450 °C in a cement kiln.

In this process, the chemical bonds of the raw materials are broken down and then they are recombined into new compounds. The result is called clinker, which are rounded nodules between 1mm and 25mm across.

The clinker is ground to a fine powder in a cement mill and mixed with gypsum to create cement. The powdered cement is then mixed with water and aggregates to form concrete that is used in construction.

The cement plant has interiors and lights.

The battery and the switch are hidden inside the main structure and silo

cement-008.jpg

cement-009.jpg

cement-010.jpg

cement-011.jpg

cement-012.jpg

Here are some photos of the cement plant and weigh station taken from various angles

cement-001.jpg

weigh-001.jpg

cement-003.jpg

weigh-002.jpg

cement-005.jpg

weigh-003.jpg

cement-006.jpg

weigh-004.jpg

weigh-006.jpg

cement-007.jpg

See you with my next project :classic:

Thanks to @helos and @Toastie for their beautiful tipper wagons :excited:

This is beautiful. Cool, calm, functional. I love the classic Lego feel. Nice weigh station. I like the contrast between the industrial elements and the (cute) guard dog and the flower bed. Glad to see the employees are wearing hard hats. I'm off now to read EN 206.

Incredible! A great looking MOC from far away, and even better close up. And all of that without realizing that it is prototypically accurate. While I like all the details (and use of old windows), the classic space terminals were a particularly nice touch

Wow ... This is great ... Next step is automate it! Seriously theres a ton of detain never seen until you peal it apart.  I love that ore train ... You have more pictures of it sonewhere?

14 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

You have more pictures of it sonewhere?

Thanks Roadmonkeytj ...the ore train is really cute; you can find the locomotive here on sale

ns345-004.jpg

and you can look at the wagons here on @Toastie pages

tippercar_title_page.jpg

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

On 9/9/2019 at 4:20 AM, brickbuilder711 said:

Love heavy industry like this.

On 9/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Man with a hat said:

A very classic structure with nice classic parts as well. 

Thank you so much guys! :blush:

2 hours ago, CSW652 said:

Very nice, really to bad Lego doesn't do kits like this.

I confirm ...this is the reason why AFOLs make MOCs! :laugh:

Many compliments for the design, also if I'm not really a fan of "cement plans".. perhaps because one old example of them was working near my uncle's house and it wasn't exactly funny:sick:

what about a chocolate factory?:drool:

Great work as always!!!

But (it is a my personal opinion) this one has a real Lego "feeling" - it immediately recalls the old Lego buildings sets available a during Gray and Blue Era!!!

I looked also to the Steel Mill, fantastic details!!!

:laugh::thumbup::thumbup:

23 hours ago, Chilis said:

Very nice! I like it alot!

23 hours ago, kieran said:

Great work, lots of details

Thank you for the kind words :classic:

23 hours ago, monai said:

Many compliments for the design, also if I'm not really a fan of "cement plans".

Nobody can be a real fan of cement plants ...we are only AFOL and Lego has the power to make harmonious also what it's ugly and polluting :sweet:

7 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

But (it is a my personal opinion) this one has a real Lego "feeling" - it immediately recalls the old Lego buildings sets available a during Gray and Blue Era!!!

You're right: the old windows and the white color are reminiscent of the constructions of the 70s catalogs ... only the new pieces and the tan baseplate betray the age of this work! :laugh: