LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Saltpeter Mine, Quinnsville

Saltpeter Mine

Many Months ago, the Clerks in the Colonial Ministry found what appeared to be some lost prospecting samples from Quinnsville dated from May 616! Upon further inspection, it was made known to be of a rare saltpeter deposit. Namely the first in all of the New World. Because of the importance of such a discovery and with the help of the WTC now operating in Quinnsville, a mine was set up to extract this ore from the depths of Cocovia!

48688209343_9e792b438d_b.jpgsaltpeter mine 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

One of several veins found, here in the corner of a cliff face, a mine shaft has begun to take shape with the help of ever useful gunpowder and hand tools. Off to one side, the foreman is inspecting a few of the recently extracted samples.

--------------------------------

The saltpeter mine in Quinnsville is finally up a running! C&C welcome and apprecieated and thanks for looking!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice mine... one helmet seems to be a little bit too modern.

Your mine entrance and the rail slope are really well executed !

Thanks! The rail is actually just perspective. It's flat and level, but the angle of the render gave it what I was looking for.

Really nice! Explosives are a must obviously. :pir-grin:

One thing I would have done differently is making the rock wall and the ground "end" at the same point. Now it gives the impression as if the rocks are just standing there, abruptly ending, since the ground is around them for another three studs.

Other than that I see nothing to complain about. The rocks are nicely irregular, and that perspective thing with the rails works perfectly. Well done! :thumbup:

I also love seeing Quinnsville grow again. This sets up some great options for further development!

Edited by Darnok

Nice to see the mine in operation. Great forced perspective on the tunnel as well.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:26 AM, Darnok said:

Really nice! Explosives are a must obviously. :pir-grin:

One thing I would have done differently is making the rock wall and the ground "end" at the same point. Now it gives the impression as if the rocks are just standing there, abruptly ending, since the ground is around them for another three studs.

Other than that I see nothing to complain about. The rocks are nicely irregular, and that perspective thing with the rails works perfectly. Well done! :thumbup:

I also love seeing Quinnsville grow again. This sets up some great options for further development!

Thanks!

Yeah, now that you mention it, I should have brought the rocks to the end of the baseplate. Something to remember for next time!

Agreed! I plan to get Quinnsville bumped up to Large City before the year is out!

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:34 AM, Ayrlego said:

Nice to see the mine in operation. Great forced perspective on the tunnel as well.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I plan to get Quinnsville bumped up to Large City before the year is out!

We'll get you there. :thumbup:

The hardest thing to do is the one royal property needed, but I guess that is less of an issue with LDD. A royal cocoa plantation maybe, with a shiny central building and surrounding fields?

4 hours ago, Darnok said:

We'll get you there. :thumbup:

The hardest thing to do is the one royal property needed, but I guess that is less of an issue with LDD. A royal cocoa plantation maybe, with a shiny central building and surrounding fields?

I've already got a royal educational thats been almost finished for like a year... lol. I gotta finish it soon...

19 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I've already got a royal educational thats been almost finished for like a year... lol. I gotta finish it soon...

You missed out on some pretty income then. :pir_tong2:

Good to hear though, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us. :pir-classic:

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

You missed out on some pretty income then. :pir_tong2:

I sure did!

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Good to hear though, and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us. :pir-classic:

I really just have some interior stuff and it's done. Now that I've got some free time, I should be able to get it finished!