designer-han

MOC Container Truck with Cable-System

cst_render0(small).jpg

cst_saltspreader_3.jpg

cst_truck_2wide.jpg

Time flies when designing new MOCs; it took 2 years to design this MOC and creating instructions. In total 6.012 parts are used. The building process is described in 938 pages.

The Container Truck is full remote controlled (6 functions) with Power Functions or Sbrick modules.

Remote functions are: driving, steering (both front axles), cabin tilt, front Power-Take-Off (PTO), container platform tilt, cable winches.

At the rear-side a PTO is available as well; directly connected to the drive-train.

An additional trailer is available as well; to carry a 2nd container. Fun part is to load/unload the container from the truck on the trailer.

When Winter Times do come in, the truck can be equiped with a Snow Plow (connected to the front PTO) and a Salt-spreader unit (connected to the rear PTO).

But there's more to tell; so I would suggest check my site http://www.designer-han.nl/lego for cut-away renders and other 'cool stuff' in this model.

Talking about renders: A special thank you for Blakbird for creating these renders: they are magnificent and unbeatable!

Video is available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOgOBEZTL94&feature=youtu.be

For those living in the NL, the model will be shown on LEGOworld2019 in Utrecht.

Enjoy your autumn and winter time to build what you have on your wishlist!

cst_render1(small).jpg

cst_render2(small).jpg

cst_render3(small).jpg

Edited by designer-han
Video URL added to text

Wow.  Beautiful design.  Works very well and the PTO, varieties of attachments and configurations just show the thought put into this wonderful MOC.  Thank you for sharing. 

You, sir, are responsible for my jaw plummeting to the floor and shattering into a million worthless pieces.

Easily one of the most captivating trucks I've ever seen - it's beautiful but husky at the same time. Hats off and jaws down (off) to you :wub:

8 hours ago, designer-han said:

For those living in the NL, the model will be shown on LEGOworld2019 in Utrecht.

Cool, I will see it IRL.

Very nice design sir!

Great design, no doubt.... but its just a render, lego is plastic bricks. A physical toy. I do love the design, but... i like real lego, this is virtual lego... Just a personal thing i guess.

Welcome back Han,

Great truck (again) :thumbup:

I really like PF and fake engine combo.

3 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Great design, no doubt.... but its just a render, lego is plastic bricks. A physical toy. I do love the design, but... i like real lego, this is virtual lego... Just a personal thing i guess.

If I'm not mistaking, real one can be seen here

http://www.designer-han.nl/lego/

Edited by I_Igor
Autocorrect issue

23 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Valid point of course. As requested :laugh:

cst_render0a(small).jpg

Very impressive *huh*! Good to see you in action again, no matter how fast time is flying - for me You were pointing the way by your style and this sort of professionalism ever since I can remember :thumbup::thumbup:. Love all the details by which one can judge the passion and the tremendous amount of work put into this creation. The universal truck base probably could serve for many modification options like an Unimog - I´d love to have a lovely simple tipping bed on it.

Glad to see you back with another impressive creation. I like the fact that you have added accessories such as the winter kit. I have bought the instructions immediately and look forward to walk through them. Have a great time in Utrecht!

17 hours ago, I_Igor said:

If I'm not mistaking, real one can be seen here

http://www.designer-han.nl/lego/

16 hours ago, designer-han said:

Valid point of course. As requested :laugh:

Thank you both!! Now that gets me smiling - its a 1000% better in the flesh. I said i loved the design, and the real thing shows it to perfection! (why post renders when the real thing is soooo much better! :roflmao:) Maybe i'm just old school by not enjoying the electronic version of lego...!

Image format aside, it truly is a great moc!!

16 hours ago, designer-han said:

Yes, on my website in Excel, Xml and pictures.

Can you explain me why your web saite is only working on internet explorer? All outher Moc plans are visible for buying the instructions but  the Cable _ System truck does not have any files?

Very nice truck Han, and nice to see you again! The front and rear PTOs are a great addition. The only drawback (for me) I see is the range of motion of the container base. In real trucks (I have only seen US rolloff trucks with this system) it goes higher so that the end of the container base is nearly touching the ground. This way, the winchs don't have to lift the container which is guided by the base. But maybe I am wrong about this configuration.

Anyway, great job!

3 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Maybe i'm just old school by not enjoying the electronic version of lego...!

That makes two of us

1 hour ago, grego18f said:

Very nice truck Han, and nice to see you again! The front and rear PTOs are a great addition. The only drawback (for me) I see is the range of motion of the container base. In real trucks (I have only seen US rolloff trucks with this system) it goes higher so that the end of the container base is nearly touching the ground. This way, the winchs don't have to lift the container which is guided by the base. But maybe I am wrong about this configuration.

Anyway, great job!

Your fully righty abou this..... It is just that I finished this model with the regular LA's.... and guess what, LEGO releases the new LA's with a longer stroke this 2nd 2019. Wished I had them last year. But the regular LA's work fine, and I did not want to wait another year for modifing the Truck.

4 hours ago, curakar said:

Can you explain me why your web saite is only working on internet explorer? All outher Moc plans are visible for buying the instructions but  the Cable _ System truck does not have any files?

Don't understand the question. My website works with the top browsers out there. Instructions can be bought via my website that redirects you to Sellfy.com. The truck is not published at Rebrickable due to their changed policies for publication irw cross selling.

Last Sunday I was visiting LEGO World, and I was lucky enough to not only see this model in real life, but also got a personal explanation and showcase of all the functions by Han himself. What a beautiful and smooth working model it is!

800x600.jpg

Thanx @designer-han for the chat!

WOW what a fantastic MOC. I really like the power outputs and the way you have used them with the winter add-on. Just to be clear I can build this with Power Functions only and NO Sbrick?

8 hours ago, Kio Liex said:

WOW what a fantastic MOC. I really like the power outputs and the way you have used them with the winter add-on. Just to be clear I can build this with Power Functions only and NO Sbrick?

Thanks!! :classic: Both is possible. It works with 3x Power Functions IR receiver, or with 2x Sbrick modules. In the Building Instructions I made both options are given as instructions.

13 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Last Sunday I was visiting LEGO World, and I was lucky enough to not only see this model in real life, but also got a personal explanation and showcase of all the functions by Han himself. What a beautiful and smooth working model it is!

Thanx @designer-han for the chat!

Your welcome ! :blush: And, I do like to explain the model and it's functions to kids, daddies and even retired people who had picked up their LEGO hobby from long ago....

@designer-han wow what a terrific truck you have here!! I have built all your MOC’s over the years and have several in my collection that are fantastic. The drag crane is my favourite because it work’s perfectly!! But this truck is a lot of fun to build and will look great when done. Thanks for the awesome instructions!!

Hello...Here is my version of the truck. After waithing for parts a long time I finaly finish the model. I made some collor changes othewise the model is incredible works really really well.... I know it isnt a Mercedes truck but could not resist to put the logo in the front :D                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Truck - Salt Spreader - Snow Plow

looks good in the blue. I see you have a fairly eclectic collection of trucks too. Efferman's 10x4 in the background with Ingmar's dolly. Might look good alongside your unimog gritter

Edited by bonox