God, I love the new Fox so much! The steering solution is amazing, and the suspension system is out of this world! Great work, Jerry :sweet:

This is the first time on my memory,

when someone uses a lime green colour in a MOC!

Having built and having fun with V1 before I consider building the V2 too. I wonder if there is a way of using LEGO BB's instead of BuWizz?

I took the time today and found an awesome place to shoot some photos and a video of the finished model:

800x600.jpg

Suspension range and flexibility is clearly demonstrated in this photo:

800x600.jpg

Driving up a mossy hill stone:

800x600.jpg

Scaling up the stairs:

800x600.jpg

And of course here is the edited video:

In the upcoming days I plan to finish the LDD file for those interested.

All in all compared to the previous version from 2014 partially due to BuWizz bricks the V2 is:

• Some twice as faster
  • Almost a kilogram lighter
  • Narrower and shorter, way more compact
  • Features improved suspension which has more travel and spreads the weight more equally
  • Improved durabilty of the chassis as well as the cabin - flipping it doesn't damage anything

To conclude as of now this is my best off road model so far!

Edited by Zerobricks

Well worth the wait! Such an amazing model. I don't know what it is, but a cool, tough suspension system like this is one of my favorite things to see in LEGO. So happy to finally see it in action, especially in the mossy, rocky creek. Great work!

I love the Fox 8x8. So much so that I set about to build it even before the LXF file was available. I was so focused on building it from the available pictures that I never noticed when the LXF was made available. I really could have saved myself quite a lot of problems and headaches. Once completed, the vehicle worked great in a straight line, but the tires of the two middle axles would catch on one another in the turns. Why? My hubs were just like ZeroBricks, and the distance between the wheel centres was the same. After closer examination of the vehicle and the pictures, I noticed that mine was noticeably wider then ZeroBricks', about 4 studs wider. The reason turned out to be that I had to add spacers between the hubs and the wheels; two studs worth of spacers. To get rid of the spacers, I would have to acquire those lime green wheels and tires. Quick check on Bricklink: $24 a wheel x8=nearly $200. Not happening!!!! And so began my quest for a narrower hub that could fit inside more common wheels, like those found on 8110 Unimog or 42054 Claas Xerion. Here is the result. On the left is how it is built for a steered axle and on the right is a non-steered axle.

dGJIrWLxgg8XQ8rMLcd3OTbDAMmz_5XR4abL9SZ3

Here it is, fitted inside a wheel and tire assembly from 42054 Claas Xerion.

e9nPqceX-Sg4x4xP-jEh50hbxl2q27HUOg1_XHFh

No more tires catching on each other.:)

Edited by yanickbayley
adding a picture.

it looks like a crew of tiny aliens came on a field trip to Earth ! (and Slovenia is a great place to start, great memories from there ;) ) Awesome build!

I'm waiting for my XL motors, I will definitely steal the axle idea.

Great job!

So, I've tweeked my hub design for a greater penetration inside the rim, bringing the tire closer to the pivot point of a steered axle, thus reducing the stress on the steering motor. Using the older Unimog rims, the tire centre is still at 4.5 studs from the pivot point, but using the newer rims from the Land Rover set, that gets reduced to a distance of only 3 studs.

LSpDsVGogQd45WLRFWU7Ay4UKN1hc-QnDocPcyfs

Land rover rim and Unimog tire, 3 studs from pivot point to tire centre.

D0dlZmFcsHToE38qCfhKx9Kr1AFK70Os_OATwul_

On 4/26/2020 at 6:24 AM, yanickbayley said:

So, I've tweeked my hub design for a greater penetration inside the rim, bringing the tire closer to the pivot point of a steered axle, thus reducing the stress on the steering motor. Using the older Unimog rims, the tire centre is still at 4.5 studs from the pivot point, but using the newer rims from the Land Rover set, that gets reduced to a distance of only 3 studs.

Land rover rim and Unimog tire, 3 studs from pivot point to tire centre.

That's an awesome modiication, great idea with Defender rims.

hello,zerobricks,I like this monster very much,but there is a problem with the motors connect to front buwizz in the rounded cab.

I can’t differentiate which PF connector on the buwizz in the rounded cab,please give me some help!

Port 1 steers the servos

Port 2 drives front right wheel

Port 3 drives front left wheel

Port 4 drives winch motor

45 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Port 1 steers the servos

Port 2 drives front right wheel

Port 3 drives front left wheel

Port 4 drives winch motor

is there a switch connect to one of the sevros?

31 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

No, there is no need.

I become confused just now,thanks,now I know how to do with my work!:laugh:

8 hours ago, Newest_Tech320 said:

ldd shows this

I had exactly same comment on YouTube yesterday. It's your LDD, you need to use and older version. Check LDD subforum for more info. 

Just now, Newest_Tech320 said:

How do you build the Back 4 wheels?

There are photos of the WIP build on the previous page.