LM71Blackbird

Quinnsville Chronicler - Vol. 3, Issue 1

Quinnsville Chronicler - Volume 3, Issue 1 - September 619

From the desk of Mayor Richard Brickford.

Military Commander Returns from Fatu Hiva -

Many months ago, our own Major Nathaniel Brickford sailed to the island of Fata Hiva on the Ship-of-the-Line HMS Dominance with a battalion of Quinnsville's finest. After doing some investigative work, trekking through the jungle and setting up a base of operations, the Major fearlessly led his troops into battle. Since the Natives were only armed with simple weapons when compared to the muskets and sabers of Corrington, the tribe was quickly dispatched. The rumors of caves of Gold turned out to be false but some crystal and flora was recovered for scientific purposes. In the end, the natives were an isolated threat deep within the jungle as Olean was able to rid itself of the real despicable individuals causing so much trouble near the settlement. Albeit, the Major and his men did manage to make the interior safer for the inhabitants as well. After spending many months on a sort of humanitarian mission in the settlement, Quinnsville welcomes the brave troops back home!

Quinnsville shipyards production - 

The shipyards of Quinnsville are reported to have begin to step up production again after a lackluster performance throughout the summer. Only one ship was fully completed, the Razerbill, and only one ship now calls the port of Quinnsville home, namely the Schooner Northern Ganet. Several ships are in the works for the trade fleet and even more are scheduled for use by the Royal Navy.

Pier experiences more expansion -

The Marine Surveyor opened it's doors late last year and has been doing a wonderful job keep the ports of Quinnsville safe, organized, and on schedule. Not too far away, a local roper has opened up a shop on the water front and is constantly busy filling new orders!

New Advances in Artillery? -

The Cannon Factory of Quinnsville has been producing some quizzical new guns for use on the battlefield. Only time will tell if they will actually prove useful!

Free land to Artisans looking to expand their craft -

As mayor of Quinnsville I am currently offering free land plots to any citizen of any nation looking to set up a factory or artisan in Quinnsville. I, the mayor of Quinnsville, will personally reimburse the purchase price with a bonus from my personal funds to anyone who does so. This offer stands until the next issue of the Quinnsville Chronicler is released.  

We thank you for choosing to reading this addition of Cocovia's number one news source.

------------------------------------------------------

It took over a year, but the next issue of the Quinnsville Chronicler is here! This issue is mainly a recap of builds and such, including me wrapping up my trip to Fatu Hiva for Challenge II. Hopefully you enjoyed reading and see you in the next issue!

Nice read, great to see the Chronicler back! :thumbup:

Overall it seems that at least the Newspapers of the Brick Seas are active again. :pir-grin:

6 hours ago, Darnok said:

Nice read, great to see the Chronicler back! :thumbup:

Overall it seems that at least the Newspapers of the Brick Seas are active again. :pir-grin:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed reading it!