VBBN

[PRESS RELEASE] 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer

5 hours ago, Redbird11 said:

Was there an additional bonus package with the early purchase? if so i need to contact Lego.

There weren't any. Only double VIP points. But if you bought it from a LEGO store the employees might have given you the droid commander GWP if you ask nicely. 

Called into my closest store of probably the largest Lego stockist in my country today, and that store is expecting 4 Star Destroyers in Jan, none of them currently reserved.. so I have pencilled a reserve at this stage. TBH I'd prefer it getting closer to Death Star prices, but I've got one held anyway.

Have to say, I was a little disappointed when this was revealed. (but only because the MOC's here are so amazing) The reviews looked like it wasn't that stable, and I never saw it in person. Even with a hefty price tag, (definitely cheaper than the MOC's), I decided to get it, and I have to eat my early thoughts.

It really is quite amazing in person, once built. I added in some tiles throughout, but didn't really modify anything, and now my shelves are full! Definitely a beast!

I also prefer any MOC here to the official set. Price is ... too expensive for what we get. And I do not like the stand /

Why Lego does not offer transparent Technic parts to build stands of ? That would be so cool ...

Does anyone know when this set will be available through retail stores (Australia for me) rather than just on Lego.com?

Put together enough store vouchers but I have no idea when it will be available here yet. 

Can’t remember how long it took the Falcon to be a available after initial release.