VBBN

[PRESS RELEASE] 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer

Not saying that this set isn’t as popular as the Falcon. But in 2017 my local store sold out before the doors open, this year I got there 15 minutes after opening and they had sold 3....

they didn’t even stock as many as they did for the falcon, only by one, but still, interesting 

I'll go queue at my local Store in a couple of hours, hopefully to be there also about a couple of hours before it opens. When 75192 released, they had 10 on release day and 30 minutes before the store opened there were already too many people queueing. This time they have 20 75252s. Hopes are high! (I hope)

I was able to order the set successfully, with the 40333 GWP. It eventually went live at 10.15 a.m. CEST instead of the predicted 10 sharp, but other than that the site seemed to word okay (unlike two years ago) — maybe the fact that there was a limit of 1 per customer helped. It still seems to be available right now.

Now I wonder how many days it'll take for it to be delivered, but I would be surprised if it were on Friday already!

Went live about 20 minutes early here in the UK (9:40 instead of 10) but for once the site was stable and the double points and Battle for Hoth promo were added to the order correctly plus Quidco are currently offering 6% cashback so even better :)

Welp, I arrived a liiiiiittle earlier than I intended to. Suffice to say I'm a one man queue so far.

Also, first time seeing it in person. It's HUGE!

20 minutes ago, Celery said:

Anyone had luck in the States yet? 

It’s live in the US now and I was successful in ordering one 

Just visited the LEGO store in Wijnegem, there was a build up model. I was one of the few people showing interest in the model, there was no rush or anything. 

The model was well build and it had nice details, but its really really really grey. :tongue: I know ISD don't have any flashy colors, but I feel like they could have used a little dark grey or something, maybe something depicting battledamage?? 

Overall a nice model, but too expensive for my taste.  

1 hour ago, Celery said:

Anyone had luck in the States yet? 

After no luck late night and early morning, woke up at 6:30am PST and it was finally there. Actually ordered with no issues. Confirmation email took about 20 minutes, but it came!

^^Same.

Was expecting a fight with their new website, but order went smoothly.  I was originally planning to visit one of the 4 stores in the Boston area, but plans changed.  I'll be very curious to hear about anyone's experience at a LEGO Store this morning.  The location in Burlington, MA received 15 Destroyers, not sure about the other 3 stores.

Anyone visit Peabody, Burlington, Natick or Braintree this morning?

Got the first one at my Store! Woohoo! There were about 8 people queued up by opening time. First time I'm ever queueing up in front of a store before it opens to buy something. Other AFOLS were really friendly, we discussed UCS sets, the size and weight of 75252 (no wheels = it's a behemoth to haul around) and the new VIP system. Might have been a little difficult to wake up so early and have to wait so long, but it's a pretty neat experience.

3 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

‘The star destroyer is a rip off! No one will buy it!’

Sells out worldwide in one day. 

It is not the star destroyer I wanted (drools at Monarch and Aggressor), but it is the one I can barely afford, thanks to using VIP points, receiving double VIP points, and getting some rebates.

Still can "add to bag" in the U.S., may hit backorder but seems to either have less demand, or they were somehow better prepared.

I ordered mine about 8 hours ago, and got a shipping email 6 hours later! Impressive, most impressive. :)

Now to make some shelf space......

Just finished building it...what a monster... it’s breathtaking. It has such a commanding presence, definitely more striking and displayable than the falcon, it just demands attention 

Just got a delivery notification, rushed to the garage where it had been left to find a very small box :(

Just the Hoth set, though tracking on the courier and Lego website seemed to suggest that the whole order had been delivered.

However talked to Lego and they gave me an additional tracking number, seems like it was split into two packages but the one containing the Star Destroyer seems to have stalled in the system (in Belgium I think, I'm in the UK). Seems a bit weird that there's no indication on the Lego website about the two numbers and even weirder that the main number just seems to track the free gift. Hopefully the Star Destroyer will turn up at some point! Anyone else experienced this or actually received both parcels?

2 hours ago, Tavis75 said:

Just got a delivery notification, rushed to the garage where it had been left to find a very small box :(

Just the Hoth set, though tracking on the courier and Lego website seemed to suggest that the whole order had been delivered.

However talked to Lego and they gave me an additional tracking number, seems like it was split into two packages but the one containing the Star Destroyer seems to have stalled in the system (in Belgium I think, I'm in the UK). Seems a bit weird that there's no indication on the Lego website about the two numbers and even weirder that the main number just seems to track the free gift. Hopefully the Star Destroyer will turn up at some point! Anyone else experienced this or actually received both parcels?

Mine was split as well, but I received both at once. Hope your Destroyer arrives soon!

6 hours ago, Tavis75 said:

[…] Anyone else experienced this or actually received both parcels?

Two parcels were sent (one for the ISD and one for the GWP + Ghost Brickheadz); they arrived together 26 hours after the order, which is the fastest a Shop @ Home order has reached me! The tracking via the DPD website was efficient and I was given a one-hour timeslot for the scheduled delivery, which fit perfectly.

The larger package was very slightly dented, but not to the extent that the contents would be damaged — I haven't checked yet, but will report if it was indeed damaged.

Back in 2017, my UCS MF package had been severely dented, resulting in a small dent on the MF box, which was disappointing — customer service proposed to send me a box within a few months (due to the shortage), but I declined.

Just finished this build with my kids last night. Took the same amount of time to build as it took to watch all 10 star wars movies. :) 

Impressive model to say the least. Worth the purchase without a doubt! Now to find a place to display it with my Falcon and Slave 1 ucs models.   Looking forward to seeing mods. Added a number of 2x2 flat square tiles in various spot around the engines and a few other areas around the bridge. 

Edited by ds760

Just finished bag #9. Incredible ship, I absolutely love it. I'm almost done with the underside of the ISD, and am already thinking of how I could modify it to add more detail.

I'll certainly be gathering all the loose tiles, wedge plates and greebles from my collection to add to the ISD and make it even more outstanding. I'm looking forward to others' MODs!

4 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Just finished bag #9. Incredible ship, I absolutely love it. I'm almost done with the underside of the ISD, and am already thinking of how I could modify it to add more detail.

I'll certainly be gathering all the loose tiles, wedge plates and greebles from my collection to add to the ISD and make it even more outstanding. I'm looking forward to others' MODs!

Your ahead of me, I'm about ready to start #9! I have been adding some greebling and tiles in areas while building. (not too much), the cost to cover and modify would be so much, which is why I went with this, versus the amazing MOC's out there the begin with.

That being said, I also look forward to some minor and minimal cost MODS's!